So it's Leinster in the final - an all Ireland final

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Meg The Lab
Novice

So it's Leinster in the final - an all Ireland final

Post by Meg The Lab »

Leinster just too strong for Clermont. It is going to be some final game.
I've just swallowed a whole bag of scrabble squares. My next visit to the toilet could spell trouble.
armalig
Novice

Re: So it's Leinster in the final - an all Ireland final

Post by armalig »

YEP - Wot a nail biting final few minutes in that game.....could have swung either way.....Great advertisement for Rugby once again....WOT A FINAL ....SUTFUM
monkee
Novice

Post by monkee »

Super result for Leinster. They got away with at least 1 red & 2 yellows from what I saw.
Fair play to them tho I wouldn't be unhappy if Mr Barnes took the final as he will surely have watched his nighmare & want to repent, as seems to be the Ulster way.
oneshot7
Novice

Post by oneshot7 »

monkee wrote:I wouldn't be unhappy if Mr Barnes took the final
I really hope he is no where near London come May 19
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Well done Leinster and BRING IT ON!!!!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
monkee
Novice

Post by monkee »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
monkee wrote:Super result for Leinster. They got away with at least 1 red & 2 yellows from what I saw.
Fair play to them tho I wouldn't be unhappy if Mr Barnes took the final as he will surely have watched his nighmare & want to repent, as seems to be the Ulster way.
Leinster winning was the only way we could get Darling Roman again. :wink:

He is a sweetheart x
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Incredible finish to the game with some noise being generated in the last few minutes by the supporters.

Fair play to Leinster. Rob Kearney magnificent. BOD defensively superb assisted ably by Darcy and the rest.

Feck we even saw SOB make one run....must be the first one all year but he still made a balls of it. That said he played his part in the tight.

Wayne Barnes clearly is not capable of refereeing a pro rugby match. He missed so much it is not even possible to make the excuse that too much happens for one ref to keep up with it. A couple of cards at least could have been shown. He has no understanding of the offside line and he knows sweet FA about scrums or handling offences in rucks. Both teams got away with murder and both teams got screwed throughout the game. They should have given Nigel Owens the game. Hes not perfect but at least he's in the premier division of refs.

Poor old Fofana made an árse of that try attempt although you could give credit to Darcy for the tackle.

Anyway it all boils down to an All-Ireland final which is great. Just a pity I can't see Leinster being beaten. If I was an odds compiler I'd probably have them at 2/5 at most. Still though stranger things have happened. The main problem for me is that Leinster are more than likely going to have over 60% of the possession and with that they'll fillet any team.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote: If I was an odds compiler I'd probably have them at 2/5 at most. Still though stranger things have happened.
I think Munster's odds in the quarter were about that. Fair enough odds tbh.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:
Shan wrote: If I was an odds compiler I'd probably have them at 2/5 at most. Still though stranger things have happened.
They were ridiculous odds based mostly on history and home advantage. I was blue in the face from telling people the week before to back Ulster at 10/3 and even when they went into 11/4 as it would ease the pain of defeat.

Munster are not a good team. Leinster are probably the best team in Europe and at their best are close to unbeatable. The only reason I wouldn't have them closer to 1/4 is because of neutral territory and the fact that sometimes a spirited underdog can do pretty amazing things in a winner takes all encounter.

That said if Ulster are given odds of 4/1 or higher I'll bet ya I'll be considering a couple of quid investment.

>TH >TH
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Thank you very much Barnesy!
What was that Swiss bank account number?
Are you sure that's enough? Go on go on.

To be serious, it was an amazing game. I know I probably annoy most fans on this forum by saying it but the general European rugby public would believe that the game in Bordeaux was the real final. I feel very sorry for Clermont as they are a great side and their supporters are the best around. I didn't give Leinster much of a chance and the front row early on was a problem but didn't our set piece improve as the game went on? Leinster defence was awesome.
Isn't it great for the Westies? Back in the Heiney again and a real chance to prepare for it now.

Looking forward to the final and meeting Ulster fans.
Leinster fans bought a lot of tickets for the final in January so we will probably outnumber you.
Can't wait!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Today showed Leinster are the top team in europe without question. That was some result and performance away from home. :salut:

BUT, we all know that the best team doesn't always win one off matches. :D

Also delighted to see Connacht in the Heiny again. Met a couple of Connacht fans last night who'd gone to the Aviva to support us. Glad to see we've helped return the favour they did for us in beating Quins in the final pool game.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:Today showed Leinster are the top team in europe without question. That was some result and performance away from home. :salut:
Do you think the best team won today?

I don't
Experimental
Novice

Post by Experimental »

Delighted that its an all Ireland final and sweet the way we can both open the door for connacht. Well played yesterday, really looking forward to the final
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Winning away from home in games like this is not always about being the best team. In fact in an environment like that it's sometimes about holding on for grim life and taking your chances when they come.

To go there and get that result, for the defence to hold on under intense pressure in those last few minutes was pretty phenomenal.

You could argue that the "best" team didn't win yesterday or at Thomond Park in the quarter finals, as both were all about defensive efforts coupled with excellent goal kicking, rather than creating many opportunities.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
They were ridiculous odds based mostly on history and home advantage.
Sorry Shan - me being ambiguous again.

I meant Leinster at 2/5 are fair odds.

If we played them 7 times we'd probably do well to win 2.
Big Neville Southall