Big Screen At City Hall

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

eoinsy96
Novice

Big Screen At City Hall

Post by eoinsy96 »

is there any logical reason why the final wouldn't be shown on the big screen at city hall, i know its BBC owned but still, would be great to watch it there with those of us left behind.... :red:
STANN OP VIR DIE ULSTERMAAN
UIBF
Novice

Re: Big Screen At City Hall

Post by UIBF »

eoinsy96 wrote:is there any logical reason why the final wouldn't be shown on the big screen at city hall, i know its BBC owned but still, would be great to watch it there with those of us left behind.... :red:
No drinking in public. :scratch:

In all seriousness, would Sky not be looking megabucks for this? Can't see pubs who have paid for SS being too happy about it.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

I'm with UIBF. Never gonna happen.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Doubt the residents would stand for a few hundred going to ravers.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Probably on in big room at Europa ad every Rugby Club in Ulster that has Sky Tv and a few that don't as well :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Big Screen At City Hall

Post by shamalicious »

I hope UB does a big screen at Ravers. Pint and burger £5.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
eoinsy96
Novice

Post by eoinsy96 »

Jackie Brown wrote:Doubt the residents would stand for a few hundred going to ravers.
this is exactly why i said city hall, already has big screen, and why no alcohol? sure dont lavery's have a tent there at xmas? :scratch:
STANN OP VIR DIE ULSTERMAAN
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Jackie Brown wrote:Doubt the residents would stand for a few hundred going to ravers.
Considering that the ferderales sent a car to the memorial end on Friday when people were queuing to get flegs, I suspect you may be right.

I suppose they might just have been trying to turn or after a fleg themselves but I lean towards the notion that someone phoned to report a massive crowd of non residents lowering the property values and parking offensively while no match was being held.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Didn't they do it in Limerick for the 2006 final? (Munster v Biarritz)

There was a bit of mild controversy at the time, because on the big screen in the Mil Stad, they showed the crowd in Limerick, looking at the game, that got big cheers from the crowd in the stadium and in Limerick, and some said that gave Munster a bit of a boost.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

mikerob wrote:Didn't they do it in Limerick for the 2006 final? (Munster v Biarritz)

There was a bit of mild controversy at the time, because on the big screen in the Mil Stad, they showed the crowd in Limerick, looking at the game, that got big cheers from the crowd in the stadium and in Limerick, and some said that gave Munster a bit of a boost.
Yeah I remember something similar. I think I remember seeing something similar in Toulouse for finals as well when they've been in it, although maybe that's so as no-one has to watch it in Trevor Brennan's bar whilst drinking (allegedly) dodgy Guinness.... :cowboy:
BrianMc
Novice

Post by BrianMc »

mikerob wrote:Didn't they do it in Limerick for the 2006 final? (Munster v Biarritz)

was at the game, and it certainly raised the noise levels in the MS
Muineachán Abu
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

It'll be on at the Europa and that's as good as you'll get without being there!
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
TheWonDon
Initiate

Post by TheWonDon »

UIBF wrote:
eoinsy96 wrote:is there any logical reason why the final wouldn't be shown on the big screen at city hall, i know its BBC owned but still, would be great to watch it there with those of us left behind.... :red:
No drinking in public. :scratch:

In all seriousness, would Sky not be looking megabucks for this? Can't see pubs who have paid for SS being too happy about it.
I was in Cardiff visiting a mate two years ago when they were in the footy play-off final. Down the bay area they had a massive outdoor screen to watch it on & full bar as well. Cracking weather with thousands of people enjoying the game and having a drink.

I realise it may be different for various reasons here but shows it is possible.

I'd say if it were to happen anywhere Custom House Square would be the best option.
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

With respect, we're not Toulouse or Limerick - I don't think a big screen at the customs house would attract a crowd. City Hall however - the screen is there; it's central; if it was half empty, it wouldn't look daft. Can't see any reason why not.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

I agree it would be logistically possible if someone put their mind to it BR but as UIBF suggests those businesses that already pay significant fees to SKY would surely veto any such move. They pay for the Sky licence exactly for these sort of occasions and its then they recoup their outlay (rightly so IMO)...would be very different if the match was televised on BBC/ITV but its not.

SUFTUM