Ulster Rugby Flags for Twickenham

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

PMcK
Novice

Ulster Rugby Flags for Twickenham

Post by PMcK »

I could not get to the Semi @ Aviva :( but I do have tickets for the final :D

Don't suppose anyone knows if I could get my hands on one of those Ulster Rugby flags so I can been seen up in the cheap seats ?
nylo
Novice

Re: Ulster Rugby Flags for Twickenham

Post by nylo »

I wasn't at the Aviva either - had a very badly timed pre-arranged trip to the Cote D'Azur to attend to - but when I was sitting in the square in Monte Carlo watching the supercars pose past - as ye do, I idly noticed that the flag of Monaco is red and white...

Subsequently, I'm going to order 4 of these babies for our group and a friend's group. Should be nice and bold plus it gets away from the Norn Iron/9 counties/which fleg debate too

http://www.flagandbuntingstore.co.uk/ac ... _Flag.html

:cowboy:

If however UR flegs were being made available from UR, I'd be delighted to get my hands on a couple of those too!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Greenland is the way to go folks!

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dogsd

Post by Dogsd »

Fleg regulations for Twickenham:

Glass bottles, glass receptacles, cans, pyrotechnics, flags on sticks or poles which stick or pole measures more than 1.5 metres in length, or any other item which, in the reasonable opinion of the RFU, its servants or agents, could be used as a weapon or cause a nuisance to others, are not allowed within the Stadium. All promotional, commercial, political or religious items of whatever nature, including but not limited to banners, signs, symbols and leaflets are prohibited and may not be brought into the Stadium unless authorised by the RFU.
nylo
Novice

Post by nylo »

So keep the pole short and it should be okay?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Somebody from the Ulster Branch should be outside Twickers with a big box of flegs handing them out to neutral supporters - English kids and the like. Much more likely to SUFTUM if they have a nice white fleg in their mits.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Jackie Brown wrote:Greenland is the way to go folks!

I love that flag JB :salut: :red:
BIGBADDON
Novice

Post by BIGBADDON »

I bought my "fleg" from this ebayer 1st class job and service. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 514wt_1110
"Never argue with a drunk man or an idiot"
BIGBADDON
Novice

Post by BIGBADDON »

Ulster Rugby Flag 2.jpg
Ulster Rugby Flag 2.jpg (28.14 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
My wee Fleg
"Never argue with a drunk man or an idiot"
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Good article here at FRU

http://thefrontrowunion.com/2012/05/fle ... -you-know/

To note an interesting paragraph....Talking about Ulster Rugby flags at semi finial and 4,000 laid on seats for finial :cheers:
I believe that 6,000 of these were handed out at the semi-final and a further 4,000 will be laid on seats at Twickenham.
:cheers:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pip14 wrote:Good article here at FRU

http://thefrontrowunion.com/2012/05/fle ... -you-know/

To note an interesting paragraph....Talking about Ulster Rugby flags at semi finial and 4,000 laid on seats for finial :cheers:
I believe that 6,000 of these were handed out at the semi-final and a further 4,000 will be laid on seats at Twickenham.
:cheers:
Yip 4000 of them on the blocks of seats sold through UR and at least 2 from this message board are helping Lyndsey and Fiona to put them on the seats evening before the match so it should work out at roughly 1 fleg for every 2 seats this time.
Add in the flegs being brought over by those at the semi and with any luck their should be a fleg for every Ulster fan in the stadium so anyone who brings their own fleg over should be giving the one on their seat to someone who has not got one.
Hope everyone brings the flegs they got at semi over, airlines are not usually a problem with those plastic poles.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

Rooster wrote:Hope everyone brings the flegs they got at semi over, airlines are not usually a problem with those plastic poles.
for what it's worth I had nay problem whatsoever with the stasi at Aldergrove with my Ulster Rugby flag after the semi!!!
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

darkside lightside wrote:
Rooster wrote:Hope everyone brings the flegs they got at semi over, airlines are not usually a problem with those plastic poles.
for what it's worth I had nay problem whatsoever with the stasi at Aldergrove with my Ulster Rugby flag after the semi!!!
Don't you read the news? They're not interested in flag poles any more. It seems it's now my underpants that they're worried about - and rightly so!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As always the flags will only be placed where potentially they will be picked up by TV. I don't recall seeing any in or near block 525 at the Aviva - all on the far side.

Never forget fans are not a consideration simply whatever boosts the TV profile. Still I'm not of a fleg waving persuasion - ever, so no loss.

Having grumbled I have to say it was a queer good sight seeing the people on the sunny side of t'stadium going berserk for Ulster. It's just that I tend to associate flegs with painted curbstones of whichever hue and the ever so wonderful people who are happy to leave a fleg in tatters of rags until its time to see if they can't just offend someone at the next appropriate time of year. For the record I've never been offended by a fleg in my life, just the arseholes who use them inappropriately.

Have to say I do love the stoutboys fleg but am worried that they appear to have a Mexican chapter. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I was at the Aviva and initially didn't get a flag :( .
I waited until after the game though and managed to get 2 (yes, people left them behind :shock: ).

They were bogging but a quick run through the washing machine and they are good to go for Twickers, along with my big yella fleg :salut: .