A tricky Commute ?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

namron
Warrior Chief

A tricky Commute ?

Post by namron »

Lets here from some of the more unorthodox routes that some brethren may be making to Twickenham. A few friends of mine are going via the Larne-Stranraer ferry and then a long drive to Londinium. In their honour and that of our fellow Saffers whom have joined our campaign from the other side of the globe I have tweaked a well known slice of church Hymnal

He who would valiant be ’gainst all disaster,
Let him in constancy follow the Ulster.
There’s no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent to be a pilgrim.

Who so beset him round with dismal stories
Do but themselves confound - his strength the more is.
No foes shall stay his might; though he with Leinster fight,
He will make good his right to be a pilgrim.

Since, Lord, Thou dost defend us with Thy Spirit,
We know as at the end, the Trophy inherit.
Then fancies flee away! I’ll fear not what men say,
Cheer Ulster on the day and be a pilgrim.

A new song for the :red: faithful methinks nice tune too
Last edited by namron on Tue May 01, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: A tricky Commute ?

Post by ruckover »

Know a guy flying to Paris, taking the Eurostar over to London, then doing the reverse to get home again. Apparently its cheaper than flying to London and back.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Thats what He told his wife .Hes just going to paris for the huirs :wink:
scarface20
Novice

Post by scarface20 »

few of us got flights to manchester and trains down for under 100£! heard of a few others heading on the ulsterbus service which is available overnight.
What about her eyes.....?
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

That is very doable Scarface :salut: Im getting it a bit rough myself having to fly to Heathrow at the ungodly hour of 7.30am no less. Notwithstanding I have just found out that the Prol who booked the Hotel failed to ensure that the Spa facilities are functioning on the Sunday to revive my by then pickled body. :cry:
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

mine's a tough one - wake up in my own comfortable bed at about 10.30 on the morning of the final, have a leisurely breakfast, hop on the train to Waterloo maybe grab a bite of lunch then get the train to Twickers, all-in cost of £8.50 :D living in London finally pays off :cheers:
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

darkside lightside wrote:mine's a tough one - wake up in my own comfortable bed at about 10.30 on the morning of the final, have a leisurely breakfast, hop on the train to Waterloo maybe grab a bite of lunch then get the train to Twickers, all-in cost of £8.50 :D living in London finally pays off :cheers:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

darkside lightside wrote:mine's a tough one - wake up in my own comfortable bed at about 10.30 on the morning of the final, have a leisurely breakfast, hop on the train to Waterloo maybe grab a bite of lunch then get the train to Twickers, all-in cost of £8.50 :D living in London finally pays off :cheers:
Well it will take me 20 mins on the train and £3.60 return... bus from the end of my road would be a bit cheaper but take longer....

We all know who will win this one-upmanship however, given there is a poster of this parish who lives in Twickenham. I bet he will still be late, however. :wink:
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

ruckover wrote:Know a guy flying to Paris, taking the Eurostar over to London, then doing the reverse to get home again. Apparently its cheaper than flying to London and back.

I heard this story last night from a mate of mine in London ... got to be the same guys !!!
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:
ruckover wrote:Know a guy flying to Paris, taking the Eurostar over to London, then doing the reverse to get home again. Apparently its cheaper than flying to London and back.

I heard this story last night from a mate of mine in London ... got to be the same guys !!!
That is thinking outside the box.......... or would that be buying a microlite?

All you Londoners: Stop yer gloating!!!
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

mikerob wrote:
Well it will take me 20 mins on the train and £3.60 return... bus from the end of my road would be a bit cheaper but take longer....

We all know who will win this one-upmanship however, given there is a poster of this parish who lives in Twickenham. I bet he will still be late, however. :wink:
who on earth can you mean!

let me know if you need a recommendation for a pub :drunken:
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

TinPig wrote:
hey you should ask permission before using my facebook profile pic!! :lol:
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

A tricky Commute ?

Post by Rooster »

What about the guy who cycled to Limerick and then Dublin, he said he would keep following even to Twickenham and he was doing it for sport relief, Neil ? Don't remember his surname, hats of to him if he does the trip :salut:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

What about the guy who cycled to Limerick and then Dublin, he said he would keep following even to Twickenham and he was doing it for sport relief, Neil ? Don't remember his surname, hats of to him if he does the trip
Neil McConkey (CI man) :thumright:

http://www.intouchrugby.com/magazine/20 ... -i-suffer/
oneshot7
Novice

Post by oneshot7 »

Few of us flying down to Luton from Edinburgh for a decent price, but we booked it after the Munster game.
Trains around £20 return to Twickenham & hotel isn't setting us back too badly!
This was after 3 hours of writing out scenarios to get the prices down, Bargain travel is tricky to say the least, but 13 hours on a bus was not appealing! Student loan well spent I'd say. :cheers: