What’s yer gut sayin?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

What’s yer gut sayin?

Post by Snipe Watson »

All the side shows and other distractions are now complete and it’s game week.

Take your Ulster tinted glasses off, set your loyalty to one side and call the match.

A week ago, I could only see Leinster winning. Now I’m not so sure. It’s a 50/50 game and our laeds have less pressure.

Ulster by 3
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What’s yer gut sayin?

Post by Dave »

I'm hungry
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

So are Ulster Dave.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

namron wrote:So are Ulster Dave.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Yakult -my asre!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Im optimistic but feck I always am!!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Since our SF I have been convinced that we can and I have slowly reached the opinion that we will win.

Court, Best, Afoa, Muller, Ferris, Wannenburg, Pienaar, Wallace, Trimble and Terblanche will have seen the holy grail. They will have smelled the coffee and are chasing Cave to get there for one at the same time as him.

They all know that next year is a lottery and that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. This is the year this is their moment.

Ulster by less than 8.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think if you view Leinster's recent performances, especially tonights you might think we have a chance. Yet if you view our performance in the semi it wouldn't inspire you either. I honestly believe it will be close as both as our defence has been so strong. I think if we can appear to be nullifying their set moves and knock them back early we will make them doubt themselves and have every chance if we can get our offloading game going. Having said that after last years final I think they will always believe.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

We cant adequately defend a lead vs Leinster as we acheived via Munster in Thomond .We must retain more possession and make sure we score every time whilst in their 22.As they most surely will with us.I sense that Ulster are confident and gut feeling is yes with a fair rub of the green from Owens who is a fantastic referee Imho,We can win.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:Put my money in a guess the score today. Ulster 19 - Leinster 17.

Just think our names on the cup. :red:
Our names already are - or has '99 become a distant memory to some...

So much for no rose-tinted goggles. Anybody said Leinster will win yet?

Trying to judge from a neutral's perspective:
Leinster have the experience and the knowledge of how to win here. They also (arguably) have the stronger squad on paper. But the double chase puts extra pressure on them. Fail at the final hurdle and they shall be mocked. The pressure of gaining "immortality" (to quote Miles Harrison) is unimaginable. The nerves may hinder them or they may spur them on, we shall see...
And then Ulster, the plucky underdogs who are emerging from the shadows after 12 years of silence. They may be more inexperienced, but their foreign contingent can guide them through. However, younger players such as Jackson and Gilroy may fall foul to the occasion and cost Ulster dearly...
It has the makings of a cracker. Leinster by 4.

But my heart says Ulster by 4!!!!!
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

ruckover wrote:Our names already are - or has '99 become a distant memory to some...
Not sure you are actually correct Ruck.
Mick Galwey and David Humphreys hold the new and old European cups..
David Humphreys was reunited with an old friend at the end of the Irish team's squad get-together in Dublin, when he got his hands on the European Rugby Cup he lifted after Ulster's magnificent victory over Colomiers at Lansdowne Road in 1999.

But of even greater importance to the Irish No 10 was that he also got to touch the Heineken Cup trophy that Perpignan and Toulouse will be battling to win back at the home of Irish rugby in Dublin on 24 May.

Tournament organisers ERC decided to get the 1999 trophy out of the bank vaults and put it alongside the current cup to celebrate the fact the final is returning to Dublin.

And it seemed only natural to invite the former Ulster skipper to take a look at the trophy he once held aloft with so much pride . . . and take a peek at the one he craves most of all.

'There is no doubt that the goal of every professional rugby player in Europe is to get his hands on the Heineken Cup. It is the biggest title in town, the one everyone strives to win,' said Humphreys.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

:red: :cheers:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
ferrisisgod
Novice

Post by ferrisisgod »

Just have a feeling that it's going to happen, something about it. Ulster by 5
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Going to be tight but starve them of the ball, keep a tight game and if Ruans gps controlled boots work then :red:
Reckon the Ulster v Leinster match was a breakthrough on how to beat them, Glasgow tried it last night but just were not good enough then let game go a bit loose and it was over
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cardweg
Novice

Post by cardweg »

Can't bring my self to commit in black & white, but I know we CAN beat them but it's all about the day.
I'm hearing that confidence in our camp is high and I'm convinced that the lack of Rob Kearney & O'Driscoll was precautionary. Schmidt could hardly keep his face straight in the post match interview when asked about their availability for next week. The only one he seemed genuinely concerned about was O'Malley & if BOD's back that won't be an issue. Healy & O'Brien were minor knocks and d'Arcy was a cut over his eye. They'll all be fine for next week.
All in all, I think it will either be us by less than seven or them by more than ten (hopefully the former!), but even if it's the latter (God forbid), losing the European Cup Final to the team with the best form of the season in both the domestic and European competitions is no shame (unless we go out there and throw it away).
So here's hoping for a dry day, some great craic and a victory parade in Belfast next week.
C'MON ULSTERRRRR!!!!!!