What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: What are you watching?

Post by solidarity »

:banghead: :banghead: The Big Proud Party Agency. This was on just after the news tonight. I made the mistake of not turning the tv off quickly enough, before it started and, just like watching a car crash, I couldn't stop. It was simply the worst thing I have ever, ever watched. The most embarrassing thing about it is that it was made by a NI production company! If you want to see what the scrapings off the floor of a kennel outside a tv studio are like, have a look.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:34 pm Bread Boy at the Lyric.

Truly dreadful. Imagine the worst school play you've ever seen. That would have been much better.

No plot no direction and a load of posh kids pretending they're from the Shankill and failing miserably.

That's 2 hrs and £24 I'm not getting back.

Sorry if any of yer weans or grandweans were involved but the truth never hurts the teller
It was underwhelming.

Cost me 28 quid a ticket on the Saturday.

You’re not a million miles away regarding the taller of the two lads in the lead role, although I can confirm his granny is a lovely lady from the West (of Ireland).
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

solidarity wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:23 pm Watching an old episode of Blue Bloods. Pretty poor but SWMBO likes it and I had to let you all know because it's been more than 24 hrs since anyone's made a post on UAFC. Been a long time since we had an empty day. :D
The new series has started, as you are probably aware.

I’ve watched every episode.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

solidarity wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:35 pm :banghead: :banghead: The Big Proud Party Agency. This was on just after the news tonight. I made the mistake of not turning the tv off quickly enough, before it started and, just like watching a car crash, I couldn't stop. It was simply the worst thing I have ever, ever watched. The most embarrassing thing about it is that it was made by a NI production company! If you want to see what the scrapings off the floor of a kennel outside a tv studio are like, have a look.
Is it as bad as ‘There’s No Place Like Tyrone’?

I mean, it can’t be….
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:59 pm
solidarity wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:23 pm Watching an old episode of Blue Bloods. Pretty poor but SWMBO likes it and I had to let you all know because it's been more than 24 hrs since anyone's made a post on UAFC. Been a long time since we had an empty day. :D
The new series has started, as you are probably aware.

I’ve watched every episode.
Yep, watching it together with SWMBO. Do we not have a heart or kissy kissy emoji?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:00 am
solidarity wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:35 pm :banghead: :banghead: The Big Proud Party Agency. This was on just after the news tonight. I made the mistake of not turning the tv off quickly enough, before it started and, just like watching a car crash, I couldn't stop. It was simply the worst thing I have ever, ever watched. The most embarrassing thing about it is that it was made by a NI production company! If you want to see what the scrapings off the floor of a kennel outside a tv studio are like, have a look.
Is it as bad as ‘There’s No Place Like Tyrone’?

I mean, it can’t be….
The imdb rating for Tyrone was 6.1 out of 10. Their rating for Big Proud is 3.9!

Say no more.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I reckon Big Merv gave Tyrone a 10 to skew things.

Funnily enough, having drilled down into the ratings on IMDb, both Tyrone and BPPA each attracted a grand total of 15 votes (as opposed to, say Stranger Things, with over 1.1 million).

After inadvertently become part of the Pride parade on Saturday, as it kicked off at the same time as I was booked into Ox around the corner, and just having watched five minutes of the show, I maintain that BPPA knocks Tyrone into a cocked hat.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So I’ve watched another ten minutes and it’s possibly closer than I first thought.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Keep 'er lit, Justin.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:34 pm Bread Boy at the Lyric.

Truly dreadful. Imagine the worst school play you've ever seen. That would have been much better.

No plot no direction and a load of posh kids pretending they're from the Shankill and failing miserably.

That's 2 hrs and £24 I'm not getting back.

Sorry if any of yer weans or grandweans were involved but the truth never hurts the teller
Not sure where Bread Boy fits in the Tony Macaulay scheme of "works". He used to live around the corner (more or less) from me when we were growing up, and I've only read a little of what he has written (which I believe is meant to be from his own experiences growing up). Despite a fair degree of shared experiences, I don't recognise his experiences as anything close to mine. Certainly we wouldn't have described where we lived as "Upper Shankill". Trying to make himself from a less well-to-do area than he really was? Explains why I haven't bothered to read further.

Fair play to him though for making the most of his (imo) limited talents or maybe I have just misunderstood his work? Artistic license???

Or maybe I just don't recognise genius?

Just goes to show how far authenticity, honesty and sincerity can take you - if you can fake those, you've got it made. >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

solidarity wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:20 pm Keep 'er lit, Justin.
Dragging the in-laws from Tyrone to Belfast for our wedding bash was great fun.

Don’t think half of ‘em had been before and getting their tractors parked was a nightmare.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just watched FBI International. FBI was decent. FBI Most Wanted was mediochre. This was absolute guff. The FBI working in European contries to catch bad guys, doing it by shouting at incompetent local police until they cave in and let them do what they want. American imperialism at its worst. I'll watch the episode where they are in Norn Irn, just to see how terrible it is.

Can't wait for the rugby season to start - I'm watching far too much garbage.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Spot on Solids.

They’ve even used the old trick of including a couple of attractive women wearing tight sweaters in International to keep people watching.

Tbh it’s worked with me so far.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:05 am Spot on Solids.

They’ve even used the old trick of including a couple of attractive women wearing tight sweaters in International to keep people watching.

Tbh it’s worked with me so far.
Interesting discussion on U105 this morning on how nudity is much less common on mainstream TV now compared with the 70s.

An episode of the Sweeney rarely went by without Reagan and Carter bursting into a bedroom accompanied by a gratuitous shot of a gangster's moll's diddies.

"Get yer trousers on son, yer nicked!"

Essential viewing as a 14 yo but alas, no pause in them days :(

Still available on Bloke ITV4 :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Must be a few pechugas on mainstream Spanish TV, eh Merv?