What are you watching?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: What are you watching?

Post by justinr73 »

Suggest you lot put your feet up over Christmas and catch up with Rocco Schiavone and his Ice Cold Murders on 4.

Gruff, sarcastic, long overcoat, loyal to his dodgy mates and a top shagger - it’s almost as though Big Merv has been transplanted to the foothills of the Italian Alps and told to catch the bad guys.

Five seasons so it should see you through into the New Year.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:16 am Suggest you lot put your feet up over Christmas and catch up with Rocco Schiavone and his Ice Cold Murders on 4.

Gruff, sarcastic, long overcoat, loyal to his dodgy mates and a top shagger - it’s almost as though Big Merv has been transplanted to the foothills of the Italian Alps and told to catch the bad guys.

Five seasons so it should see you through into the New Year.
Top Shagger - that's me alright :lol:

Saw Grimes &McKee's annual Xmas romp at the Lyric last night.

The first half was proper laugh out loud stuff but the bit after the interval was a tad disappointing. Bit of a mistake frontloading the best gags imo. They tended to focus on the (somewhat irrelevant) plot at the expense of the humour towards the end.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Going to the ‘adult’ panto at the Waterfront next week - wasn’t bad last year although I wouldn’t want to see it sober.

Bit like an Ulster game I suppose.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:17 pm Going to the ‘adult’ panto at the Waterfront next week - wasn’t bad last year although I wouldn’t want to see it sober.

Bit like an Ulster game I suppose.
Even the best kiddie's ones usually have a few jokes concealed for the adults and a bit of leg for the dads.

Had to laugh at the Radio Ulster quiz of the year last night when two of the presenters genuinely had no idea there was innuendo in the Darkness's "Don't Let the Bells End" :roll: :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Just finished 'Brawn The Impossible Formula 1 Story'. Highly recommended for all of you petrol heads out there. Spoiler! Bernie is a real barsteward. Now focusing my attention on season 2 of Reacher on Prime.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The adult panto at the Waterfront was very entertaining.

The one at the Opera House was absolute tom kite. The two actors, the girl especially, did a good job with what precious little Diona Doherty penned for them. In fact, they’d clearly binned the script and ad-libbed it.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

For those like me with hundreds of channels to watch on TV, but still can't find anything worth watching, can I suggest Gone Fishing with Mortimer and Whitehouse.
It's nothing hilarious, and ain't a proper fishing show, just a good way to pass half an hour (or an hour with the Christmas Specials) watching and listening to two old guys talking in a light hearted way about their health (they've both had heart issues) while not taking life too seriously and getting out into some spectacular countryside all over the UK and sometimes farther afield.
Beats endless re-runs of many of the so-called comedy shows.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Yep, watched them all apart from the Scotland one they’ve just shown.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

It's a wonderful example of gentle humour.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

solidarity wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:41 pm It's a wonderful example of gentle humour.
And Ted steals the show.

(When he's on it)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Just back from Spain and been watching thon Netflix series on last year's 6 nations. Just over halfway through.

It does offer more candid insights than the usual choreographed pressers and post match interviews that we see. There is less focus on Ireland as the documentary makers don't seem to have been afforded the same access as to other teams. A lot of it shows players in a new light and some of it confirms what we already suspected :lol:

Interesting how mentally fragile a lot of the players seem to be.

The captains'/coaches' motivational talks shown were incredibly insipid and uninspiring. Certainly not of the POC standard.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I watched the Toulouse one on a flight last week and I was struck by the same thing.

Maybe the full, expletive-laden rant ends up on the cutting room floor?

Or maybe we’re in an era of reluctant leaders and snowflakes who can’t cope with being shouted at?

Was ear-wigging in a Miami Beach dive bar the other day.

The guy was recalling the time he was given a Rolex for being the leading salesman and how it spurred him on to bigger and better things.

He said that if he gave one of his team a big bonus now, they’d just quit and feck off backpacking around Europe.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:45 pm I watched the Toulouse one on a flight last week and I was struck by the same thing.

Maybe the full, expletive-laden rant ends up on the cutting room floor?

Or maybe we’re in an era of reluctant leaders and snowflakes who can’t cope with being shouted at?

Was ear-wigging in a Miami Beach dive bar the other day.

The guy was recalling the time he was given a Rolex for being the leading salesman and how it spurred him on to bigger and better things.

He said that if he gave one of his team a big bonus now, they’d just quit and feck off backpacking around Europe.
The emphasis now seems to be on "focus" rather than "manic agression". Apparently when they're in a huddle it's all about breathing exercises!
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Tried to watch that fillum "Belfast" last night. Jaysus it was dire. Gave up after 20 min.
The accents were atrocious especially the middle class norn irn actors pretending to be working class Belfast.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I thought Ma was quite alluring in black and white.