Bayonne v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Bayonne v Ulster

Post by rocky »

Now, I know that I've given off about people complaining before the season has even started, so mea culpa for this. Am I wrong or do we not have a match tomorrow. Yes, I know it's only a friendly and a lot of players will get a chance BUT I would have thought there would be some mention of it on the Ulster website and perhaps a list of the players who will be likely to take part. And not even a whisper on this forum. Lots of debate about movies, music, sociology or economics or whatever DL and Neil were arguing about, etc, but not one word about what will be, de facto, the start of our new season. Come on lads and lasses, get posting!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Bo***cks to Brexit
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Bayonne v Ulster

Post by kingofthehill »

Backline-

9.mcilroy
10.jackson
11.cochrane
12.farrell
13.payne
14.gilroy
15.nelson

Rolling subs I believe.

Could be a long night.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

UR have said one of the non playing staff will be updating twitter during the match.
robrfc15
Novice

Post by robrfc15 »

where did you get this information knightofthehill
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Here we go again lads :D

This is a game where we've got to give our young players some time. I'd be happy with the backline KOTH has indicated but I'd prefer we were keeping Payne at 15 and have Michael Allen at 13. Nevertheless, good to give Nelson time.

Anybody know the scrum? I'd like to see:
1. Lutton
2. Annett
3. Macklin
4. Henderson
5. McComb
6. McComish
7. Birch
8. Doyle
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

:cheers: If I knew how to tweet I would do it , weather is a bit muggy but Tomorrow to be high 30's looking forward to the game :red:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

NOC,L Marshall and Allen replace Jackson,Farrell and Payne at halftime apparently. Payne could go to 15 2nd half.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

robrfc15 wrote:where did you get this information knightofthehill
No doubt he heard it from a dodgy French onion seller dressed in black trousers and blue and white hooped tee shirt wearing a beret and riding a bycycle with several strings of onions hanging round his neck, if not then I doubt he will tell you :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
robrfc15
Novice

Post by robrfc15 »

Is KOTH Anscombe in disguise folks
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

What time's KO?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

KO is at 8pm so that's like er 7pm Ulster time, saw another Ulster fan in Rue Tiers at breakfast or petit dejeuner as they say in this neck of the wood . :thumright:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Ulster (15-9): P Nelson; C Gilroy, J Payne, C Farrell, C Cochrane; P Jackson, B McIlroy;
(1-8): C Black, N Annett, A Macklin, J Muller (c), N McComb, M McComish, S Doyle, R Diack;
Replacements: R Herring, R Lutton, J Afoa, L Stevenson, A Birch, M Heaney, N O’Connor, L Marshall, M Allen, R Andrew
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Interesting line up- we need a good few of those lads to give a bit of a performance if we are to get some more strength in depth this season. There are question marks all through that squad- I hope we start getting some positive answers! Payne at 13 is to add a bit of experience and organisation to the back line I presume.
jamsodonnell
Novice

Post by jamsodonnell »

browner wrote:Ulster (15-9): P Nelson; C Gilroy, J Payne, C Farrell, C Cochrane; P Jackson, B McIlroy;
(1-8): C Black, N Annett, A Macklin, J Muller (c), N McComb, M McComish, S Doyle, R Diack;
Replacements: R Herring, R Lutton, J Afoa, L Stevenson, A Birch, M Heaney, N O’Connor, L Marshall, M Allen, R Andrew
Changed days. 5 Methody boys starting and 2 on the bench. Being arguably the strongest school in the Province over the last couple of decades, it is only manifesting itself these last couple of seasons. This is not a thread to start debating which school is the strongest but rather an acknowledgement that there is life beyond March 17th . :stir:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

This is good news ... far too many Upper 6th players are fed up, sick with trainging and would love a life after the manic demands of Schools Cup training. It's a serious issue that is being addressed and long may it continue.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"