Ladies/Women's Rugby

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

LadyP
Novice

Ladies/Women's Rugby

Post by LadyP »

Posters, up until two years ago i played Snr Hockey and see myself as a fit lady and at 6,1 think I could play a bit, anyone recommend a good ladies club that would help me learn more about the game etc somewhere Belfast-Holywood , any one know we're I can find fixtures or training etc of ladies rugby in and around Belfast.

Cheers

Penny
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Taggers
Novice

Re: Ladies/Women's Rugby

Post by Taggers »

Try Queens, they train on a Monday night at the Dub 6:30pm and a Wed in the afternoon. They have a mixture of beginners and established players and from this season will be competing in the All Ireland League North I think. I'm sure you would be very welcome there.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Penny, Taggers is right. Queen's would be a great place for you to learn the game. They have a mix of experienced players and beginners, and this year hope to field two teams, one playing in the All Ireland league, and one specifically for beginners/players hoping to learn about the game. why not come along this monday at half six at the Dub? pm me if you want any more details
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

wot's the difference between Ladies' rugby and Women's rugby?

Is one amateur, the other pro?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Ladies' rugby is the female equivalent of Gentlemen's rugby - it used to exist but not any more. Now there's just the female equivalent of men's rugby - women's rugby (unless there is a brand where the uniform is fur coat and no knickers). Simples!
Bo***cks to Brexit
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

Queen's, Cooke, And Belfast Harlequins would all welcome new players. This is an exciting time to get involved in the women's game with the 15 a side game going from strength to strength and Ireland should feature well in the 2014 World Cup in France. The Irish 7's side qualified for the Olympics in 2016 in Rio. This should feature a few more Ulster Olympians. It's also a great time for any prospective coaches to get involved with the Women's profile expected to grow phenomenally over the next few seasons - great for the CV. Any money men out there should be aware that there couldn't be a better time to get involved with the women's game - don't wait till it's too late.
Save the Cheerleader, Save Hollywood Mike!

http://thefrontrowunion.com
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

The FRU wrote:This is an exciting time to get involved in the women's game with the 15 a side game going from strength to strength and Ireland should feature well in the 2014 World Cup in France. The Irish 7's side qualified for the Olympics in 2016 in Rio. This should feature a few more Ulster Olympians. It's also a great time for any prospective coaches to get involved with the Women's profile expected to grow phenomenally over the next few seasons - great for the CV. Any money men out there should be aware that there couldn't be a better time to get involved with the women's game - don't wait till it's too late.
+1
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

The FRU wrote:Queen's, Cooke, And Belfast Harlequins would all welcome new players. This is an exciting time to get involved in the women's game with the 15 a side game going from strength to strength and Ireland should feature well in the 2014 World Cup in France. The Irish 7's side qualified for the Olympics in 2016 in Rio. This should feature a few more Ulster Olympians. It's also a great time for any prospective coaches to get involved with the Women's profile expected to grow phenomenally over the next few seasons - great for the CV. Any money men out there should be aware that there couldn't be a better time to get involved with the women's game - don't wait till it's too late.
Have they not qualified for the World Cup 7s in 2013 ! With Olympic Qualification to follow after the last ever 7`s World Cup in 2013, could be wrong but almost certain that's what was said on the radio.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rocky wrote:Ladies' rugby is the female equivalent of Gentlemen's rugby - it used to exist but not any more. Now there's just the female equivalent of men's rugby - women's rugby (unless there is a brand where the uniform is fur coat and no knickers). Simples!
I thought the "Ladies" brand might have been the pro version ......... if played at night! :wink:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

Kofi Annan wrote:
The FRU wrote:Queen's, Cooke, And Belfast Harlequins would all welcome new players. This is an exciting time to get involved in the women's game with the 15 a side game going from strength to strength and Ireland should feature well in the 2014 World Cup in France. The Irish 7's side qualified for the Olympics in 2016 in Rio. This should feature a few more Ulster Olympians. It's also a great time for any prospective coaches to get involved with the Women's profile expected to grow phenomenally over the next few seasons - great for the CV. Any money men out there should be aware that there couldn't be a better time to get involved with the women's game - don't wait till it's too late.
Have they not qualified for the World Cup 7s in 2013 ! With Olympic Qualification to follow after the last ever 7`s World Cup in 2013, could be wrong but almost certain that's what was said on the radio.
You're right Kofi - getting a bit ahead of myself! lol I would like to think that after their progress last year that Olympic qualification is on the cards.

Lanzaman
Initiate

Post by Lanzaman »

And just so you know, Lanzarote will have a Women's team in the Liga Femenina de Canarias this season, so any of those Ulster based Women's squads need a warm weather training spot, let me know.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Morning Boys, have not yet got to a training session due to work and social commitments, anyone know where I can get more information on the women's game the Ulster site was last updated in 2009,I would love to go and watch a game some Saturday but I can not find any fixtures,maybe I am just looking at the wrong site.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Ards and Bangor on sea both have fairly recently established ladies sections. Best to check the club websites, facebook and twitter pages etc. Or intouch rugby: http://www.intouchrugby.com/magazine/tag/ladies/

Or if you're looking to go and watch a game the Ulster referees website is probably the best place to check fixtures http://www.seasonmasterv2.com/ulsterrug ... tments.php
The FRU
Squire

Post by The FRU »

LadyP wrote:Morning Boys, have not yet got to a training session due to work and social commitments, anyone know where I can get more information on the women's game the Ulster site was last updated in 2009,I would love to go and watch a game some Saturday but I can not find any fixtures,maybe I am just looking at the wrong site.
You will find a review of all the women's fixtures on in the AIL here http://thefrontrowunion.com/category/womens/ There were no fixtures last week but they will be playing this weekend. Games are on a Sunday with KO usually around 1:00pm. Quins and Queens are the two teams to follow this year with both expected to be challenging Garda for promotion. Quins are at home to Garda this Sunday which should be a great game and Queens will be away to Navan.

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I think you probably need to go to Windsor, The Oval, Seaview, Solitude etc.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999