The tribute to Nevin by George Hook

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cracker
Squire

The tribute to Nevin by George Hook

Post by Cracker »

I am watching the Leinster game on RTE and was deeply moved by George Hook's tribute to Nevin. It was genuine and sincere and was said in a manner the only George could do. One of the most moving tributes made and I must thank George for the deep thought he put into it. I will listen to the man and his views in an entirely new way after this.
Thank you George and the Leinster supporters who observed the minute of silence in a most respectfull way and for their rendition of SUFTUM loud and clear.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: The tribute to Nevin by George Hook

Post by scrum5 »

George at his best :thumright:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

What did he say?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

:salut: Well said Georgie Boy,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote::salut: Well said Georgie Boy,
He said "well said Georgie boy" :scratch:
The Ulsterian
Initiate

Post by The Ulsterian »

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 37093.html

George Hook's tribute to Nevin Spence at the Leinster-Edinburgh game last night:

"We send commiserations to the people of Ulster, a province that knows tragedy. They mourned their young men at the slaughter of the Somme. They wept as men, women and children were senselessly killed in a 30-year conflict.

"We sympathise with the Ulster branch, hugely important to this country's rugby, who stood by the union in its time of fracture in 1972 and who yearly sends its finest players to stand for an anthem that is not theirs.

"And, finally, we sympathise with the grief of a family at the loss of three men. Christianity and Ulster rugby are close -- from the Hewitts of the Thirties and Forties and Fifties, to the Rev Robert Rowan and the Rev Robert Murphy, and now to Andrew Trimble -- Christianity is important.

"To the Spence family, we say of the loss of a husband, the loss of sons and the loss of brothers: greater love than this no man hath."
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

The Ulsterian wrote:http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 37093.html

George Hook's tribute to Nevin Spence at the Leinster-Edinburgh game last night:

"We send commiserations to the people of Ulster, a province that knows tragedy. They mourned their young men at the slaughter of the Somme. They wept as men, women and children were senselessly killed in a 30-year conflict.

"We sympathise with the Ulster branch, hugely important to this country's rugby, who stood by the union in its time of fracture in 1972 and who yearly sends its finest players to stand for an anthem that is not theirs.

"And, finally, we sympathise with the grief of a family at the loss of three men. Christianity and Ulster rugby are close -- from the Hewitts of the Thirties and Forties and Fifties, to the Rev Robert Rowan and the Rev Robert Murphy, and now to Andrew Trimble -- Christianity is important.

"To the Spence family, we say of the loss of a husband, the loss of sons and the loss of brothers: greater love than this no man hath."
:salut:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

There ya go Snipe, did you know you can have google as a search engine for stuff like that.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:There ya go Snipe, did you know you can have google as a search engine for stuff like that.
All this modern technogoglicaly stuff is too much for an oul fella like me. Alternatively why bother when someone on here will google it for me. As me Granny used to say; ‘no point keepin a dog and barkin yer sell’.
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Google would have been no use to you at all Snipe, your query was Saturday 7:42pm, the article wasn't on the Independent until Sunday morning!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

moondance wrote:Google would have been no use to you at all Snipe, your query was Saturday 7:42pm, the article wasn't on the Independent until Sunday morning!
Was that why I didn't google it then......................?
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Snipe Watson wrote:
moondance wrote:Google would have been no use to you at all Snipe, your query was Saturday 7:42pm, the article wasn't on the Independent until Sunday morning!
Was that why I didn't google it then......................?
No, that was because the kids were out playing and they normally do that sort of thing for you.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

There had to be a reason for it. I'm confused, need a lie down...........As me Granny used to say; ‘no point rearin a wain and googlin yer sell’.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Snipe Watson wrote:As me Granny used to say; ‘no point rearin a wain and googlin yer sell’.
Nathin good can ever come of googlin yoursel :?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right