FLIGHTS TO TREVISO/VENICE

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

The Barnes massif are booked for Biarritz & Treviso. Maybe you could treat us all to breakfast?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

DB- UR might be able to do you a good deal with a hotel if you want.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

We're actually staying in San Sebastian as drink is one fifth the price compared to Biarritz plus we had one hell of a day out there last time - much more lively than Biarritz. Do feel free to come visit and I'll treat you to a large G & T at the Hotel Londres.
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

I've already told you, us country boys wont pay your big city prices. Hope you have a good time in boring Bayonne while we live it up in San Sebastian - known as the Larne of Spain! Now there's sophistication for you.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Oh no not another one from Larne.

Colin :twisted:
Dewi Barnes
Squire

Post by Dewi Barnes »

No speaky Italiano por favor! Bonjour.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Speaking from recent experience youngman, the drink and food is half the price in Treviso that it is in Venice, food is also a lot better, don't know if this will be same in January though :? Big problem sourcing Guinness found none in Treviso and only bottled at 7€ per small bottle in Venice :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Two questions -

What is Ryanairs baggage allowance?

and

How much does a tin of stout weigh?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I like your way of thinking BR :lol: 15 kilo's in hold and 10 kilo's hand baggage at approx 1 kilo per litre equals 50 large cans minus weight of cases :D 1 or 2 problems though, that leaves no room for clothes and even worse by the time Ryanair baggage handlers have finished with the 15 kilo case you will not be able to open them for about 3 weeks :shock: and thats the ones they have not burst :evil:
ps if you fly Aer Lingus you can get an extra kilo of stout on board :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Good to see you back Rooster. We await a full and detailed Recconnaisance report.

Colin :twisted:
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Rooster hope you didn't think you were away on your holidays in Treviso and have appropriate watering holes and hotels fully investigated for the game in January :wink:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:, that leaves no room for clothes
???

I'll be wearing those. ;)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Full report on mission to Treviso will appear on site soon, biggest drawback I witnessed was the lack of Guinness, perhaps this will be sorted for us coming over :? BR's option looks like the only one for The Black Stuff drinkers at present :roll: The big incentive for wine drinkers is the posssibility of buying a bottle of good quality wine for the price of a pint at home :D

BR, the one set of clothes should do you in January as the smell won't get too bad due to it being about the same temperature over there as here then :D
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:BR, the one set of clothes should do you in January as the smell won't get too bad due to it being about the same temperature over there as here then :D
Lack of guinness implies lack of guinness stains which reduces the need to change your shirt in the first place.... When you consider the odours emanating from my room-mates on these trips, the smell of my own oxters can be quite refreshing ;). Just so long as I remember not to pss myself!

Anyway it's all booked now Thur - Mon. We've got 'til January to work on the the lack of stout.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote: Lack of guinness implies lack of guinness stains which reduces the need to change your shirt in the first place....
Since when did a Guinness stain make anyone feel the need to change a shirt :roll:
Rory Best