New Prop.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

New Prop.

Post by Rooster »

FORMER Bristol Academy prop Jake Caulfield has been offered a three-year contract by Irish side Ulster having recently featured in their under-20 squad that clinched their first Inter-provincial Grand Slam.

Caufield, 19, from Weston-super-Mare, spent two seasons with London Irish after leaving the Priory Community School before joining the Bristol Academy where he was dual registered with National Two South club Clifton. ​

"We were disappointed that Jake was not offered a contract by Bristol, but fully understood Bristol's situation," said Caulfield's agent Martin Longden from MC Sports Agency.

"Ulster have been impressed by what they have seen while Jake has been with their under-20 squad and they shown their belief in his ability by offering him this three year contract."

The front row forward caught the eye of the Irish RFU who invited him to train with the Ireland under-20 squad.

After impressing at a training camp, he was selected to play for Ireland under-19s in the 2012 international against France.

Caulfield, pictured above, has previously played for England under-17s and under-18s, but qualifies for Ireland due to Irish ancestry.

He spent the summer in New Zealand playing with the Wellington based Petone Rugby Club before returning to Ulster.

He has been fast-tracked into the Ireland under-20 squad and there is a possibility he could be back at the Memorial Stadium as Ulster visit Bristol on October 21 in the second leg of the British & Irish Cup.
http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-17 ... story.html
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: New Prop.

Post by ColinM »

Could be a shrewd piece of business. Loose or Tight?
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Tighthead prop 120kg and 6ft 3 inches mmmm. He's still a young un. Davy H has made some great signings an this could be another .
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Simple signing then as any young apprentice wants to work with the best tutor and we have Big John, move on a few years and the IRFU will reap the fiasco of their new restrictions as these lads will go elsewhere.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:
Simple signing then as any young apprentice wants to work with the best tutor and we have Big John, move on a few years and the IRFU will reap the fiasco of their new restrictions as these lads will go elsewhere.
And they'll call it a triumph as these lads that were brought through start to prosper. Need to fast forward a few more years before anyone in Dublin realises.
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

So is this an academy contract? Or a full contract?
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

darkside lightside wrote:So is this an academy contract? Or a full contract?
Get with the programme DS/LS - it's an ULSTER contract!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Just read this again and realised he is already here :oops:
FORMER Bristol Academy prop Jake Caulfield has been offered a three-year contract by Irish side Ulster having recently featured in their under-20 squad that clinched their first Inter-provincial Grand Slam.
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:Just read this again and realised he is already here :oops:

Yep, was obviously given a good trial and a 3yr contract suggests somebody sees a lot of potential
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Does anyone know if we have been given any clearance to get cover for Chris Farrel and/or Nevin's place this season. Sorry to ask if it is still too soon, but it is a valid question.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

ColinM wrote:
Rooster wrote:Just read this again and realised he is already here :oops:

Yep, was obviously given a good trial and a 3yr contract suggests somebody sees a lot of potential

Does this mean Macklin's place is under review? Can't see any threat to Big John, TC, Black, Deccie or Big Mac when he returns.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Does anyone know if we have been given any clearance to get cover for Chris Farrel and/or Nevin's place this season. Sorry to ask if it is still too soon, but it is a valid question.
Cover has to be IQ so as we are not too badly covered they will probably use the ikes of McCloskey or some other young lad.
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:
ColinM wrote:

Does this mean Macklin's place is under review? Can't see any threat to Big John, TC, Black, Deccie or Big Mac when he returns.
HEC deadline for registration could have a bearing ?
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Good thinking 25k man!