NEWPORT Friday 26th Oct ...

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

NEWPORT Friday 26th Oct ...

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Anyone coming over for this one ... be nice to see an increase in away support this season :red:
Coltscoach
Novice

Re: NEWPORT Friday 26th Oct ...

Post by Coltscoach »

What stand do I need to book tickets for?

Me and my brother will be there in Ulster shirts with all the related paraphernalia, did that a few years ago at millennium for an Ireland game... Didn't we look out of place in the Welsh players friends and family section! Not to mention the tuts from behind due to our Guinness hats :-)
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Shouldn't need to prebook (though I think it is a wee bit cheaper to do so) .. buy tickets at their clubhouse before heading to the turnstiles though ... see you there :red:
Coltscoach
Novice

Post by Coltscoach »

Cheers fella... SUFTUM
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

by Surrey Red Hand » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Anyone coming over for this one ... be nice to see an increase in away support this season :red:
Would doubt we will see any travelling increase this year im afraid. Global recession an all that, and NI with the highest unemployment in the UK.

I know of a few people who couldnt afford to renew their season passes for the terrace this year, never mind make an away trip.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Yeah I know the feeling Fuzzy .. I myself have forfeited summer hols to do most of the HEC, Welsh and Italian weekends away !!

For the first time in a good few years it is indeed paying dividends to see so many wins :D
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Meh... First time in eight years that I wont be in Rome for the 6N game... Unless something nice happens at the last minute.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

And it's a No from Holywood.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Anyone coming over for this one ... be nice to see an increase in away support this season :red:

Seems there will be a decent contingent in Glasgow this weekend, difficult to foresee many making a second trip within a week, even if it is to the bright lights of Newport
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

I will be in Glasgow on Friday AND at the Dragons game on 26th. Hope the team continue the winning streak.
trewbear
Novice

Post by trewbear »

four of the First Wiltshire Ulster supporters club heading to Newport.

Staying in Travelodge - SRH are you staying or driving back Friday? Missed you in Cardiff (think you were over excited by the score and forgot how to answer yer phone) - be nice to have a pint.

:red:
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

trewbear wrote:four of the First Wiltshire Ulster supporters club heading to Newport.

Staying in Travelodge - SRH are you staying or driving back Friday? Missed you in Cardiff (think you were over excited by the score and forgot how to answer yer phone) - be nice to have a pint.

:red:

Mikeee ... apologies I didn't see your call til late that evening ... it was my birthday in Cardiff and YES a few sherberts were had all round :drunken: ... Also staying in the TL ... should be there around 3-00 with the Essex Chapter ... see you there !!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Where are people going for a pint beforehand? Or does anyone know of somewhere worth checking out? What about at the ground, any tips on where to be positioned or where are other fans gettin tickets for?
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

I have pre purchased tickets for £10 (a saving of £3 at gate) for behind the goal .. thats the first end you get to when you enter Rodney Parade. Will probably grab something to eat in Newport and head straight to the ground for about 4-00ish, they often have music on in a beer tent or the main Clubhouse .. Newport itself is a bit of a toilet tbh!!!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Good man. Thanks for the heads up.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!