When will we be beaten?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

When will we be beaten?

Post by ruckover »

This isn't a thread where I'm going to be all headstrong and say we're great and we're unbeatable - because quite frankly we're not. Some of our games we've ground out wins and got lucky in others, so we're not the total package just yet.

But I suppose we're doing what good teams do - we're grinding out the wins when we need to. In games like last night when the weather was bad, we played a good game that slowly yet surely gave us the victory.

So this thread is literally a question to the fans - when do you think we'll finally lose? (Just to a get a general idea of what we all think.)

Several matches are the obvious ones - Scarlets away, Northampton away, Munster away. But there is Treviso away during the AIs which could be a problem. So what do you think>
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: When will we be beaten?

Post by damianmcr »

Next week now with this thread!! lol
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Winning’s a habit, good teams win ugly and all the other clichés apply. We will possibly slipup when not expected, but December is a brutal month with 5 tough matches.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

When we start to lose players to injury, call ups, etc and have to play away from home. At the moment we look fine but its not that we don't have the players to fill the gaps its when they take the field they may lack the experience of playing together.

eg lose Jackson Cave Bowe and Trimble for a couple of games
lose Court Best Touhy Henry Ferris and possibly Henderson

That would be 9 of last nights line up -- not that I would expect Ulster to have 9 on International duty but in to the squad-- yes
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dragons, in Rodney Parade. Rarely goes well.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Hopefully we get to December unbeaten. It will be a tough ask but I think we should have the team to do it.

We play a few of the weaker teams in the league now but they shouldnt be underestimated and who knows what could happen on the night.

Id look for at least 3 wins in December out of the 5. I dont see why we couldnt win them all tho!!!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:
Id look for at least 3 wins in December out of the 5. I dont see why we couldnt win them all tho!!!
The Ravens will be playing the first one away to Scarlets so that would be a huge ask.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Yeah, with Scarlets v Ulster on the Sunday and Saints v Ulster on the Friday, I just can't see Ulster putting out a full strength team against the Scarlets.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Prob a 50/50 team against the Scarlets in an attempt to get something from the game, even if it's a LBP. Players away at the AIs but not playing much (i.e. Trimble and Court who will sit on the bench all autumn) will probably play as well.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Next season!

Have a little faith.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
ulsterrr
Novice

Post by ulsterrr »

We do not send a "RAVENS" team anywere anymore. So we wont be losing a match because of that!
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

When do the internationals disapear? Any away game without them will be hard. Dragons will be incredibly tough as we're going to rest key players. I'd say treviso away will be a 50-50. zebre away should be okay and I hope we rest everyone for llanelli - I think that's 5 days before Northampton. I would not be surprised to lose 2-3 games before the northampton game. However, if we don't get too many call-ups and stay injury free we could also go unbeaten to christmas so who knows.....
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

ulsterrr wrote:We do not send a "RAVENS" team anywere anymore. So we wont be losing a match because of that!
Hmm. We could be victims of our own success on that front. AI's shouldn't impact too hard but if we keep up our form, if not our actual unbeaten record, come the 6N we could find ourselves a tad short handed.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

When some team scores more points than we do.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tizzle
Novice

Post by Tizzle »

NEVER

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2