SCHOOLS CUP 2013

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: SCHOOLS CUP 2013

Post by shamalicious »

AndyB wrote:Like England on Saturday, Inst were well beaten by the better side on Monday. Complaining about the referee is just embarrassing.
To be fair Methody's captain did plenty of gurning, and also did his best to wind Inst up. A Dylan Hartley in the making.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AndyB wrote:Like England on Saturday, Inst were well beaten by the better side on Monday. Complaining about the referee is just embarrassing.
I don't think either are
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Didn't see any evidence of either inst or Methody complaining about the ref. Just a few neutrals passing comment. MCB were well-deserved winners. No one is trying to deny or change that.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

You have to laugh at some of the comments ( thankfully very few) on this thread that have a wee dig at Methody but the winner goes to the comment about MCBs captain Ross Kane gurning at the ref and that he's a Dylan Hartley in the making??......imagine that..a team captain talking to the ref during a cup final????..whatever next?........I am just glad to see a very good loosehead prop coming out of the schools system who has a big future ahead of him .
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

"aegis in Aeterni"!?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Beattiespastie wrote:You have to laugh at some of the comments ( thankfully very few) on this thread that have a wee dig at Methody but the winner goes to the comment about MCBs captain Ross Kane gurning at the ref and that he's a Dylan Hartley in the making??......imagine that..a team captain talking to the ref during a cup final????..whatever next?........I am just glad to see a very good loosehead prop coming out of the schools system who has a big future ahead of him .
Others may see the Hartly comparison as a compliment.

I have to say I find the paranoia from some MCB supporters more amusing than anything else on this thread.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

MCB were much the better side for 45 minutes of this game. Can't see any point at cavilling at their deserved success.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Looking forward to next season.....new challenges with some great players coming through in all schools..2013 was a good schools cup year with some great games so more of the same will be great for 2014.
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Beginning to think that BP's real name might be Wells.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
will+i+am
Novice

Post by will+i+am »

Haha scranner. Don't think either Wells would brag to that extent!! Do think BP may be staff member though!!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I fully expect Portora to lift the cup in 2014
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Snipe Watson wrote:I fully expect Portora to lift the cup in 2014

I can see us lifting it at some stage Snipe - but I can't see us winning it ;-)
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I fully expect Portora to lift the cup in 2014

I can see us lifting it at some stage Snipe - but I can't see us winning it ;-)
Bunch of knackers :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Well done to MCBs 2ndXV who beat RBAI at Shaws bridge on Thursday to retain the cup for the forth year in row......great achievement. Some good players coming through for 1st XV so roll on Schools Cup 2014.