Login for each thread?!

Use this forum for anything related to the UAFC website or this messageboard.

Moderator: Moderators

Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Login for each thread?!

Post by Setanta »

Why did I have to login for each thread this morning? Not impressed!! I have a notebook at home and another at work but I've never had to login for each thread.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Login for each thread?!

Post by Setanta »

I'm now having to login for every notification!! This definitely did NOT happen before?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

can ye no take a hint? :stir: :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Nice to be loved!
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

No issues here at the moment, this can be an indication that someone is attempting to hijack your account...

If you use a mobile client check that it's actually killed as well.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

No problems with me either, try a clear out of cookies etc and see if it helps.
On the slow issue the database has got rather huge over the years but not sure if that is the problem. The server it is running on appears slow at times as I know a couple of other sites on it and they are slow at the same time.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Working on my personal notebook but still have to login every time on my work notebook despite using 'login every time' and remember login. This is real pain cos I mostly use it at work.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Still no joy? Is it not possible? Every mail/reply I have to login again unless I leave a window open?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Very strange, you cookies blocked ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Rooster wrote:Very strange, you cookies blocked ?
Definitely sounds like a configuration issue at the User end to me rooster.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I'll try and remember to Purge all sessions in the early hours of the morning. This will log out all users by truncating the session table. I'll let you know when done. Then you can see if that works. It's the only obvious thing I can think of to do at this end. :scratch:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Thanks for the efforts; I'm baffled but taken to leaving one window open.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Setanta wrote:Thanks for the efforts; I'm baffled but taken to leaving one window open.
Setanta, I thought Id take this to PM. It's definitely a cookies issue, possibly a board problem, except no one else is experiencing it. Some questions below...

Can you tell me what browser(s) you are using?
Does it happen in all of them?
Have you cleared your cache?
pressed Ctrl + F5 together after clearing?
or
Cleared your cache, then closed your browser, then turned off your PC/laptop, then restarted, and tried again, with a Ctrl+F5 for good measure?
Have you tried installing a brand new browser, such as Safari, or opera, and tried using it?

I'd like to get this sorted for you as it's a puzzle.

Fermain.
Why did you post it here then and not as a PM ? :roll: Can't get good staff these days at all >elvis
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Problem is not at home on personal notebook but at work. I'll pm you on Monday; appreciate your efforts but its probably our ridiculous firewall at work!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Setanta wrote:Problem is not at home on personal notebook but at work. I'll pm you on Monday; appreciate your efforts but its probably our ridiculous firewall at work!
That sounds about right, some work firewalls actually prevent even viewing of forums never mind posting on them.
Rory Best