Scarlets v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Scarlets v Ulster

Post by ruckover »

Thought it was about time this thread was started.

Well we're still unbeaten, and we head into this top of the table clash with our full quota of Ireland players back who aren't injured. Meanwhile our Welsh opposition aren't so lucky - their national side square off against Australia the day before. This should be a formality. But maybe not, because this Scarlets side has just seen off Munster in Cork - no mean feat for any side. They should not be taken lightly.

As for the team, we are likely to see Muller back from injury on the bench and possibly Rory Best too, although that one may just be wishful thinking. Sounds like Gilroy and Henry will be rested too, but apart from that it seems we will put out as strong a team as possible.

15. Payne, 14. Bowe, 13. Cave, 12. Wallace, 11. Trimble, 10. Jackson, 9. Pienaar; 1. Court, 2. Brady, 3. Afoa, 4. McComb, 5. Tuohy, 6. Henderson, 7. McComish, 8. Wilson.
Subs: 16. Herring, 17. Black, 18. Fitzpatrick, 19. Muller, 20. Williams, 21. P Marshall, 22. L Marshall, 23. Allen.

Ulster by more than a score :red:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Scranner
Warrior

Re: Scarlets v Ulster

Post by Scranner »

Why have you McComish at 7. Don't you think Henry might be better there. And no sign of Wonderboy at all - even on the bench.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
tommyblue
Novice

Post by tommyblue »

With Cave back we shall see how serious maaak is with regards JP at 13.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

p at 9 Ruan having a snooze is my thought.
Team this week could have a few surprises in it.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dont think Maaak is serious about playing JP at 13 at all. He sees him as a backup with Farrell being injured and saw the opportunity to get a look at Andrew/Nelson in a couple of games. Cave has only played once in the AI's so if there is a surprise it could be Jared being rested.

Once Farrell is back fit again, he and Cave will be the 13's Marshall and Paddy the 12's, and Payne/Nelson the 15's. Simples

I think Ulster are a more potent attacking team with Jared at 15; the lines he picks from deep are top drawer, as well as stepping in at first receiver giving Ulster attacking threats both sides of the breakdown.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Scranner wrote:Why have you McComish at 7. Don't you think Henry might be better there. And no sign of Wonderboy at all - even on the bench.
Because in the papers today it said Henry and Gilroy are likely to be rested. McComish is our only other '7' who isn't injured.
tommyblue
Novice

Post by tommyblue »

ruckover wrote:
Scranner wrote:Why have you McComish at 7. Don't you think Henry might be better there. And no sign of Wonderboy at all - even on the bench.
Because in the papers today it said Henry and Gilroy are likely to be rested. McComish is our only other '7' who isn't injured.

Disappointed Birch didnt see some game time out in italia.
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Keep them at it, Gilroy is on a role and having the time of his life on the pitch. Put Gilroy on at 14 and bowe in the centre. Imagine how dangerous that would be?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

MCBwinwinwin wrote:Keep them at it, Gilroy is on a role and having the time of his life on the pitch. Put Gilroy on at 14 and bowe in the centre. Imagine how dangerous that would be?
Not as dangerous as Bowe at 14 and Cave at 13.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Referee: Peter Fitzgibbon (Ire)
Assistant referees: James Jones (Wal), Chris Williams (Wal)
TMO: Nigel Whitehouse (Wal)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:Referee: Peter Fitzgibbon (Ire)
feck
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I think you'll find that that news actually merits a big sigh, cyber face palm and whats more a capital F and a large font ...

Allow me to show you ...

ruckover wrote:
Referee: Peter Fitzgibbon (Ire)

Ahhhh Feck!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

ruckover wrote:
Why should Gilroy and Henry be rested? - Gilroy has played two games in the last three weeks - no more than the rest of the ulster squad - Henry has played 2 games plus about 20 minutes!

Players play better the more game time they get - not "resting" - this whole thing about resting players really boils my pi** :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Finished
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote:Thought it was about time this thread was started.

Well we're still unbeaten, and we head into this top of the table clash with our full quota of Ireland players back who aren't injured. Meanwhile our Welsh opposition aren't so lucky - their national side square off against Australia the day before. This should be a formality. But maybe not, because this Scarlets side has just seen off Munster in Cork - no mean feat for any side. They should not be taken lightly.

As for the team, we are likely to see Muller back from injury on the bench and possibly Rory Best too, although that one may just be wishful thinking. Sounds like Gilroy and Henry will be rested too, but apart from that it seems we will put out as strong a team as possible.

15. Payne, 14. Bowe, 13. Cave, 12. Wallace, 11. Trimble, 10. Jackson, 9. Pienaar; 1. Court, 2. Brady, 3. Afoa, 4. McComb, 5. Tuohy, 6. Henderson, 7. McComish, 8. Wilson.
Subs: 16. Herring, 17. Black, 18. Fitzpatrick, 19. Muller, 20. Williams, 21. P Marshall, 22. L Marshall, 23. Allen.

Ulster by more than a score :red:
So wrong its hard to know where to start Ruckie, however I have to say I do admire that you set yourself up for a kicking week in and week out.

Do you ever revisit your selections to see how far distant your selection has been?

Just wondering oul haun. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

There's nothing 'oul' about ruckover baggy, hence the over eagerness to impress week in week out. Starting the match week threads early means by the time the actual selection is made we've all but forgotten these hair brain choices :)