Ulster v Leinster Positives and errr.... Positives?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bangorboy
Steward

Ulster v Leinster Positives and errr.... Positives?

Post by bangorboy »

Negatives

I nearly had heart failure during the last 5 minutes..

Positives

Just about everything else

Hope I am feeling in such good form in 7 days time!
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Re: Ulster v Leinster Positives and errr.... Positives?

Post by pythagoras »

Leinster have slipped a bit but I'd rather face Saracens any day than Leinster.
I'd say it's looking very good
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

Never blame the ref when you lose but I'd like to take this opportunity to say ... George Clowncy.. Negative.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (141.4 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Some amazing away wins over the last year: Munster, N'ton and now Leinster.... Next week is probably another step up though....
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Positives
Best, Muller,Henry getting through the best part of 80mns each, what an affect they had on the team.

Lutton and McCall take a bow, I will be less nervous next time I see those names on a team sheet

Multiphase offloading game is back, just needed that little bit more patience

The manner of the team, I would have taken a defeat in return for the style of the performance

Negatives
The big guns are going to Twickers just a week under cooked, hope its not the difference

Lutton was busted after a half - will get more game time this season after a good showing though

Once again officiating is the main talking point after a belter of a game
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

I just loved Johanns reaction after Clancy told him time was up... He literally jumped for joy!
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Bangprboy - exactly. Said elsewhere that his reaction showed the importance of this win.

Next week will be another step up. Sarries are playing very well and their defence & set piece are excellent. Patience, discipline, brains and pace will see us through. We can do it. :red:
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Even without PW, Ferris and Bowe we can put out an incredibly strong side. Our tight five is second to none as long as big John makes it back and is ready to rumble. If Williams bring his A game we have a decent backrow. Not sure who will play 6 though... Ruan looked in decent nick tonight and PW will get a lift. Marshall has already shown for Ireland what he can do and Cave looked back on his game tonight. Gilroy is electric and Trimble looks like he wants to brain someone. Payne looked solid enough but maybe a couple of games short.
If we can get a full side out (minus the long-termers) with a half-decent bench we have more than a chance. Sarries strongish favourites though...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

Positives
Great TEAM performance
The returnees all showed up well
Lutton should be a very proud and happy man tonight
Diack proved his detractors wrong
Jackson and Olding were outstnding
Team kept their focus and did NOT let the ref put them off
Apparently no injury worries
Negatives
????????
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

bangorboy wrote:I just loved Johanns reaction after Clancy told him time was up... He literally jumped for joy!
Loved that, thank god we have him back.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Does anyone know if a ref can award a try after the final whistle. I would be shocked if he could. If Clancy had awarded that try all hell would have broken ou
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

POSITIVES
- Win. Oh man how we needed that.
- Win away to Leinster. Oh man how we needed that.
- Confidence is sky high for Sarries
- Best, Muller, Henry, Pienaar, Gilroy and Payne all get 80 good minutes, Henderson gets a good cameo off the bench
- Lutton and McCall did brilliantly under the circumstances. Definitely not as bad as we thought
- That defence at the end. Unbelievable.
- Line out for the most part worked very well
- Breakdown was MILES better. Just shows what quick ball can do for you.
- Some really good moves used by the backs and some decent breaks made
- Individually we were great. Collectively we were even better. This was highlighted by Muller pulling the guys into a huddle after the match, great team spirit
- Great craic in the north stand. Cheers guys.

NEGATIVES
- Trimble injury
- Discipline still poor, needs sorted for next weekend
- Clancy, but that was expected
- At times we are still going side to side and getting nowhere. Jackson seems afraid to kick the corners and for some reason we don't like to truck it up through the forwards.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I thought AT had cramp.......
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I dont want to say the C word any more as I would rather discuss the deeds of our heros rather than wasting time on that useless pr1ck.

The intensity returned to our play from the start due in no small way to Rory Best who is one player that really led from the front and at last delivered the performance we all know he is capable of.
He was the man who really lit the touch paper and really fronted up and got into the Leinster players faces.
MOM for me by a mile and Gatland will be just as happy after a dip in form since as long ago as the Castres game.

Chad coming in makes the difference we all knew he would but was pleased to see Wilson coming on strong at the end in his place which looks to me to be the best choice back up 7 option.
If a good alternative to Chad immerges at long last it would be the biggest positive of all.

PJ looked great at 10 and was a good managerial decision to relieve him from goal kicking.
It looked like the preverbial millstone had been lifted and every facet of his game was excellent.

It is amazing what front foot ball can do and the quick rucking intensely from the forwards along with the ball carrying from big Nick allowed the backs time and space to show their worth.

Lutton did really well and shows the real benefit of BBJs signing.
Lovely to see the lads really encouraging him and pumping him up after every scrum we won.
Something we have not really done of late.

Only one negative for me was Jared Payne who still looks a little short of match sharpness.
In fairness that is another 80 under his belt and you cannot keep a good man down for long.
With BBJ to return as well Saracens must be wary.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote: The intensity returned to our play from the start due in no small way to Rory Best who is one player that really led from the front and at last delivered the performance we all know he is capable of.
Good post Baz. Especially this part. Is there a better hooker playing currently?