My seasonal "summer" thread.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

My seasonal "summer" thread.

Post by AyeYerMa »

Just thought I'd ask again chaps & ladies, what will you do during the long summer days when you have no rugby to occupy your chat centres?

My latest fetish is for mechanical gramophones, so I might restore one or three. I've found my mechanical level with the gramophone, electronics I can do to a reasonable standard. Mechanical stuff.... I'm not so good at. But I can manage gramophones and I like them, so... Gramophones this summer.

Will probably sneak off to Italy at some point to waste some nice Italian chap's 7.62 NATO for a weekend.

I think that's it this year.... Getting old.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: My seasonal "summer" thread.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kerry in July Spain in August, tending to horses and donkeys in Millisle. That apart following Rory Best's captaincy in North America and watching the Rugby Championship.

Activity here will be writing huge quantities of old ballix on diverse subjects on the backroom lockin
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Alps in June and the USofA in July
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

USA in August but a bit of golf over the summer never goes amiss. Fills the time nicely.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Trying to get cheap seasoned logs,hopefully demand will be down and someone will even deliver them to the door.
"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Indiana
Novice

Post by Indiana »

Off to see a re-enactment of the battle of Waterloo in June, then speaking at a couple of conferences in Vienna in July, then I have got two friends from California over in August who want to see the best of Ireland so any good suggestions greatly received.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bootlaced wrote:Trying to get cheap seasoned logs,hopefully demand will be down and someone will even deliver them to the door.

I hear there are some seasoned logs blocking trap 2, I'd imagine UR may pay you to take them away. :shock: :shock: :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

I would imagine that they are far too soggy to burn.
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

Indiana wrote:Off to see a re-enactment of the battle of Waterloo in June, then speaking at a couple of conferences in Vienna in July, then I have got two friends from California over in August who want to see the best of Ireland so any good suggestions greatly received.

What sort of things are they into?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Transfer-Siberian railway journey with the better half, looking forward to three weeks of good food , wine with the occasional vodka chucked in.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
bootlaced wrote:Trying to get cheap seasoned logs,hopefully demand will be down and someone will even deliver them to the door.

I hear there are some seasoned logs blocking trap 2, I'd imagine UR may pay you to take them away. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Mock not ye who is playing "my little pony" this summer! >threaten

Come the winter a man is happy that he had the foresight to go into his wood and drop a few trees and lay them out to season. Come the first frosts it nice to fire up the chain saw and take a flask of Tay into the wood and put in the logs for the winter.
Old Indian saying, he who chops own wood is twice as warm
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rome/Naples in June; Spain in July; as much time as possible watching the Ashes.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

big mervyn wrote:Rome/Naples in June; Spain in July; as much time as possible watching the Ashes.

What from the burning logs, boring
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bootlaced wrote:I would imagine that they are far too soggy to burn.
Have you ever driven up around Donegal and seen stacks of peat drying out? Just a thought......... >EW
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

I would imagine that the smell of Guinness and Gin could well give the game away.And the atomic half life may disrupt the natural balance of things.