Euro change

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damienmcguigan
Novice

Euro change

Post by damienmcguigan »

Spent a couple of years living in Mexico recently and have a lot of small euro coins. Does anyone know if there is any coinstar machine etc... in Belfast that accepts euro's as well as sterling?
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Euro change

Post by AyeYerMa »

I don't even know of a coinstar machine in Belfast, or indeed what a coinstar machine is.

PS When I were a lad and we had some of those Mexican coins, what we did was put them away in a wee beg until the next time we were in Mexico when we spent them on beer and cigarettes and such, as was the fashion at the time.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
damienmcguigan
Novice

Post by damienmcguigan »

AyeYerMa wrote:I don't even know of a coinstar machine in Belfast, or indeed what a coinstar machine is.

PS When I were a lad and we had some of those Mexican coins, what we did was put them away in a wee beg until the next time we were in Mexico when we spent them on beer and cigarettes and such, as was the fashion at the time.
I will have beer, flegs and hipflasks to carry with me. I will be damned if I have to carry a tub of 1c and 2c coins on the way down too!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

damienmcguigan wrote:
AyeYerMa wrote:I don't even know of a coinstar machine in Belfast, or indeed what a coinstar machine is.

I will have beer, flegs and hipflasks to carry with me. I will be damned if I have to carry a tub of 1c and 2c coins on the way down too!
D, give it away to a charity, what a way to start the day.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

When I were a lad, we used to bring the Mexican coins back north and put them in those change machines thereby making up to 20% profit. Well, when I really was a lad, we just brought them north and spent them in the shap.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

BR wrote:

When I were a lad, we used to bring the Mexican coins back north and put them in those change machines thereby making up to 20% profit. Well, when I really was a lad, we just brought them north and spent them in the shap.
This is true. Then they brought out the funny 20p or Shergar Remembrance Medals as they were called*

*By some.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AyeYerMa wrote:
BR wrote:

This is true. Then they brought out the funny 20p or Shergar Remembrance Medals as they were called*

*By some.
Aye, you had to change all the horses in to salmon by the time you got the border.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Tesco Metros are handy and there are several in Mexico Citeh. Pop into one before heading back and pour all your shrapnel into a self service machine in exchange for a can or 2 of your favourite beverage.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
dcpete
Novice

Post by dcpete »

If Ulster fans pooled all the euro change we found behind the sofa or in a drawer somewhere we might have enough to make up the difference between 1F's contract request and what the IRFU are offering.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

dcpete wrote:If Ulster fans pooled all the euro change we found behind the sofa or in a drawer somewhere we might have enough to make up the difference between 1F's contract request and what the IRFU are offering.
There may even be enough to sort out the Irish banks dilemma!
tighthead
Novice

Post by tighthead »

damienmcguigan wrote:Spent a couple of years living in Mexico recently and have a lot of small euro coins. Does anyone know if there is any coinstar machine etc... in Belfast that accepts euro's as well as sterling?
Just spend them in Mexico when you go down on Saturday. :lol:
If we're half as good in the next game as we were in the last game then we were twice as good in the last game as we will be in the next game.
damienmcguigan
Novice

Post by damienmcguigan »

big mervyn wrote:Tesco Metros are handy and there are several in Mexico Citeh. Pop into one before heading back and pour all your shrapnel into a self service machine in exchange for a can or 2 of your favourite beverage.
Excellent idea!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bag them into 5 yoyo denominations and hand them over with each pint purchased
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Many of you will be too young to remember the happy pre-euro days of equality between Betty's pounds & the feckin' punt. I was a youngish gossoon in the bank (evil barstewards) when the split in parity was made and recall with horror the long nights those of us below the rank of Manager spent in a border town Stroke City, going through tens of thousands upon tens of thousands of pounds worth of coin, separating the Brit from the Paddy and then making the resulting piles up into wee begs.

Yes we got a fair amount of overtime - in the days when you could still claim overtime & not be seen as a trouble-making communist - but it was a severe pain in the nads and a waste of the valuable time that should have been spent in the Glue-Pot swallying very fine stout.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I'll happily take any spare change off ye. I must organise to get a few boxes installed in the major population centres of NI so ye can can just pop the money in as ye go past. :D

What I usually do when I am about to leave a country using a different currency is to see if any poor homeless folk are about and just give 'em all my change. Saves me carrying it and helps somebody out. Plenty of unfortunate folk in Dubland so if anyone is feeling generous it would be a handy way of offloading unwanted coins.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.