The Brass Band

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

The Brass Band what's the fans views

Good Idea
53%
Bad idea
5%
Stupid Idea
2%
Get rid of it we are not Belfast Giants(Fiona )
16%
Lambegs please
16%
I couldn't give a tinkers fook
9%

Total votes: 58

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

The Brass Band

Post by Kofi Annan »

Did not enjoy it one bit , Not the Ulster Way
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Brass Band

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'd have liked an "I couldn't give a tinker's fook" option.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Didn't like it. Bit like the Sparky video. All too cheesey for Ravenhill
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'd have liked an "I couldn't give a tinker's fook" option.
:D
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

eeyore wrote:Didn't like it. Bit like the Sparky video. All too cheesey for Ravenhill
I thought the Sparky vid was a cut above the usual cheese.

Haven't made my mind up about the band.

They need to get SUFTUM sorted out at the start of the halves though. Somethings gone wrong there since the redevelopment.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Think that the lack of a pa on the prom is contributing to the fleg.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

They were good at playing, but a brass band just isn't an Ulster thing. Leave it to the Belfast Giants.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Do the Giants have a brass band? I personally thought they were a good addition, my feeling was they were received pretty well (note the clapping, near singing and other such enthusiastic-as-it-gets engagement). Good on them, I think they positively contributed to the atmosphere.
WuzaFlanker
Novice

Post by WuzaFlanker »

The band certainly did not detract from my enjoyment of the game and the crowd in that stand seemed to enter into the spirit of it all.

With the development of the ground (sorry stadium) maybe we're going to have to accept a change in the Ravenhill way.....
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Only to promote and accompany singing.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

Yeah added a wee something I thought, though they did play a little bit too long at one time when the Treviso kicker was preparing for a kick. But overall was ok, would I miss it if it didn't happen next week not sure.
Post Tenebras Lux
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Small point of order: - in Ulster are they not Silver Bands? We're not in Grimethorpe chaps.
:red: :fleg:

(btw, the actual colour of the instruments bears no relevance)
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

Lambegs eh?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (161.82 KiB) Viewed 3657 times
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Not a bad idea, but definitely poorly executed (maybe they should be ...... burn them) :duck:

When they started up, I thought it could be good, but they had a limited repertoire, tried to play songs which are too complicated for most (ie more than 6 words to be remembered), and they played at the wrong times too often:

There are times when the crowd will naturally try to lift the atmosphere - let them - no need for a band to distract from that;

There are times when the crowd need prompted - THAT's when a band can help;

and there are times when there should be silence - ie don't play when a kicker (of either team) is lining up a kick.

I wouldn't right them off just yet, but I wouldn't miss them if they're not there again, and they have a lot to learn - but if they turn up again I hope they can learn quickly.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Never mind Brass or Silver band - to my ear they sounded more like a Mariachi Band that took a wrong turn on their way to the RDS and ended up at Ravenhill. :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican:

I'm all for enhancing the atmosphere - but that was just plain annoying - a couple of Lambegs wandering the touchline striking fear into the opposition would be more like it :cheers:
Finished