The Brass Band

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

The Brass Band what's the fans views

Good Idea
53%
Bad idea
5%
Stupid Idea
2%
Get rid of it we are not Belfast Giants(Fiona )
16%
Lambegs please
16%
I couldn't give a tinkers fook
9%

Total votes: 58

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: The Brass Band

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rovi Snave wrote:Never mind Brass or Silver band - to my ear they sounded more like a Mariachi Band that took a wrong turn on their way to the RDS and ended up at Ravenhill. :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican:

I'm all for enhancing the atmosphere - but that was just plain annoying - a couple of Lambegs wandering the touchline striking fear into the opposition would be more like it :cheers:
Good idea, but Lambegs ain't quite suited to WET nights at Ravers though - they don't like the rain too much (or so I'm led to believe).
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I'd have liked an "I couldn't give a tinker's fook" option.
:D
How very accommodating, cheers Kofi, vote now recorded, fook not given. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Rovi Snave wrote:Never mind Brass or Silver band - to my ear they sounded more like a Mariachi Band that took a wrong turn on their way to the RDS and ended up at Ravenhill. :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican:

I'm all for enhancing the atmosphere - but that was just plain annoying - a couple of Lambegs wandering the touchline striking fear into the opposition would be more like it :cheers:
Good idea, but Lambegs ain't quite suited to WET nights at Ravers though - they don't like the rain too much (or so I'm led to believe).

Aye, not only that Grumps `but drummer Nigel is away in France. :lol:

People need to be careful what they wish for, nobody remember those hideous drum bangers at the Aviva & RDS. If only I had a machine gun & a licence to kill there'd be a lough of dead drummers blocking our streets. >threaten

Anyway, copying Clermont will never work, their ground is made of tin, ours of good Ulster concrete, make that jump & your a better man than I am Gunga Din. Apart from which the French are musical, we have wee flute bands. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Speaking of wee flute bands, it conjures up a hideous image of that big ignorant Warren Gatland with his ruddy bake giving his big drum plenty as his Spide mate urinated on the chapel.

That sort of Warren Gatland I can do without thanks.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Try anything new at Ravenhill and the luddites start shouting.
The band was a good addition, but they need a few new tunes.
The Sparky vid was cheesy, but funny. Just don’t show it again!
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Good point - what about bin lids then - could get them tuned like steel drums - water wouldn't be a problem :duck:

Just think - an Ulster version of Stomp :cheers:
Finished
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rovi Snave wrote:Just think - an Ulster version of Stomp :cheers:
That would be stamp, so it would. :red:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:Try anything new at Ravenhill and the luddites start shouting.
The band was a good addition, but they need a few new tunes.
The Sparky vid was cheesy, but funny. Just don’t show it again!
As a confirmed luddite - I am shocked to say I thought the band was grand. They didn't overdo it and it seemed more spontaneous than some of the formulaic stuff I've seen elsewhere. Gives the impression of a couple of guys who have brought their instruments along and are having a good time with them (ohh err). They managed to get the crowd singing a couple of times, so fair play - fill your boots I say.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Katrinka
Novice

Post by Katrinka »

Really enjoyed the addition of the Band - thought it seemed spontanous and added to the entertainment. What I didn't enjoy was the noise level for the Kukiri add on the big screens with the new sound system deafening - more like being at a concert.
Glad to see that the crowd - after a reminder kept silent for the place kickers, though still room for improvement, we need that deathly silence to intimidate the opposition kickers, especially those who are used to noise !
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

sponteneous

adj
1. occurring, produced, or performed through natural processes without external influence spontaneous movement
2. arising from an unforced personal impulse; voluntary; unpremeditated a spontaneous comment
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Botany) (of plants) growing naturally; indigenous

So were did it become sponteneous , when it was organised by UR, and not the "lets schhhhhhhh" brigade >flog
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

NO >minigun
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
theundercoverspark
Novice

Post by theundercoverspark »

As an accomplished musician of the "trad" genre I thought the band added a good atmosphere to the overall ambience of the evening. Music from any source adds life to the world. >fiddle

Maybe in the not too distant future " ONE EYED DONKEY" will get the chance of a gig at The Hill and I promise we know more than 3 tunes :lol:
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

Thought the band was awesome............................its better than some of the atmosphere we get at some games... fans have been crap.....
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

I blame the decline in appreciation of 1970s gay anthems and them youngsters going to eunuchversity where they learn high falutin' decadence like songs with more words than they have fingers on their right hand.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I don't see what's wrong with "Stand Up For The Ulstermen" being associated with "Go West". For goodness sake, all we take is the tune, nothing more :roll:
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.