The Brass Band

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

The Brass Band what's the fans views

Good Idea
53%
Bad idea
5%
Stupid Idea
2%
Get rid of it we are not Belfast Giants(Fiona )
16%
Lambegs please
16%
I couldn't give a tinkers fook
9%

Total votes: 58

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Brass Band

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Just a hunch, but perhaps the regular poster here is actually a blow in and not that familiar with the way we do things at Ravenhill. ;)
Actually BR, I reckon he has been on this forum, more or less since the start, of the 2 of us, I'm the blow-in, even in one or two of my previous existences. >EW
I have no doubt about his credentials on this forum - it was his history of attendance at Ravenhill I was questioning ;)
Just bluffing, you saw him then. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

AyeYerMa wrote:Have they released the gate for Friday?
I hadn't realised the old Prom was so damn small, the new superdooper Prom is too big for them. :shock: :shock: :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Just a hunch, but perhaps the regular poster here is actually a blow in and not that familiar with the way we do things at Ravenhill. ;)
Actually BR, I reckon he has been on this forum, more or less since the start, of the 2 of us, I'm the blow-in, even in one or two of my previous existences. >EW
I have no doubt about his credentials on this forum - it was his history of attendance at Ravenhill I was questioning ;)
Nah - I missed him, but I had been looking out for him. So long as he was in safe hands. :stout:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

AyeYerMa wrote:Have they released the gate for Friday?
10,693 :fleg:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Nah - I missed him, but I had been looking out for him. So long as he was in safe hands. :stout:
maybe the blow in, in question was simply applying his tremendous singing/chanting AWAY form to the otherwise dull and UN-inspirational home game which lacked in atmosphere... and singing, except for the english stylee brass band. >seeya
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Could be. Or maybe he was a Gatland, ;)
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:An atmosphere as dull as ditch water, though it often is when we look comfortable & the opposition aren't threatening to humiliate us.

We may need to put an ad in the Belelaugh for some Gulderers, then again, as I've said before, be careful what you wish for.

While I personally was watching the rugby rathe than monitoring the atmosphere ;) - I didn't think it was too bad. Good noise on opposition line-outs. I think the crowd can take credit for at least one free-kick. Did I hear a redition of "Are you Rory in disguise?" Good noise for some of the prolonged defensive efforts too. It's not Ravenhill, but it's getting there.

Just a hunch, but perhaps the regular poster here is actually a blow in and not that familiar with the way we do things at Ravenhill. ;)
Perhaps next time the blow-in could visit the new reduced prom where the atmosphere was generally excellent and the beer/stout was even better as it was uncontaminated by proximity to those louts on the Terrace. I might even provide him with some beer/stout and someone who can speak his particular lingo to aid translation.

BT the capacity of the Prom prior to redevelopment was approx 3,000 so I think the new improved version will be increased in size as well has having a better rake for the shortarses. AND it sounds like we will have the benefit of additional space for most of this season due the the current limitations imposed byt he H&S folks during the re-building work.

BR having now been onthe New improved rear-loading terrace and the new-prom i'd say you have wider walkways on the terrace side though I think we will eventually have a third egress point through the tunnel at the half way line. Currently we have one narrowish stairway at each end which is a bit of a pain.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I think you are due to have 2 or 4 egress points under the new stand (that's why I thought the walkways may be allowed to be narrower)
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BR wrote:I think you are due to have 2 or 4 egress points under the new stand (that's why I thought the walkways may be allowed to be narrower)
That makes sense now that I think about it BR. I can't see us going forwards and through the tunnel So they'd have to be from the back of the prom. I'll look more closely at the back wall at the next match to see if there are gaps there.
Paul.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
BR wrote:I think you are due to have 2 or 4 egress points under the new stand (that's why I thought the walkways may be allowed to be narrower)
That makes sense now that I think about it BR. I can't see us going forwards and through the tunnel So they'd have to be from the back of the prom. I'll look more closely at the back wall at the next match to see if there are gaps there.
Probably similar to the access to Memorial terrace ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pwrmoore wrote:[Perhaps next time the blow-in could visit the new reduced prom where the atmosphere was generally excellent and the beer/stout was even better as it was uncontaminated by proximity to those louts on the Terrace.

............... the capacity of the Prom prior to redevelopment was approx 3,000 so I think the new improved version will be increased in size as well has having a better rake for the shortarses.
Room for a few louts from the terrace to join you then, when it's finished :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Room for a few louts from the terrace to join you then, when it's finished :lol:
Cap'n - are you considering a move? :duck:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:[Perhaps next time the blow-in could visit the new reduced prom where the atmosphere was generally excellent and the beer/stout was even better as it was uncontaminated by proximity to those louts on the Terrace.

............... the capacity of the Prom prior to redevelopment was approx 3,000 so I think the new improved version will be increased in size as well has having a better rake for the shortarses.
Room for a few louts from the terrace to join you then, when it's finished :lol:

We will begin vetting applications from Terrace dwellers from Easter next year Grumps. I can't promise you a fair hearing >EW
Paul.

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

DavyG wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Room for a few louts from the terrace to join you then, when it's finished :lol:
Cap'n - are you considering a move? :duck:
Certainly not - One does have standards old boy, one does have standards ...

... low standards, byt nevertheless, they are standards...

... and don't even consider bringing bedsheets into this!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I have a Bodhran, should I bring it along tonight?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Gonna Party Like It's 1999