East Terrace Seating

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

East Terrace Seating

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Well!

I've gotten into the way of following Ulster since starting uni, and have bought a ticket for my first game home to Cardiff Blues, towards the end of October. [Would be going to Leicester this Friday, but first pay-cheque isn't til end of the month.]

My ticket says I'm in east Terrace, section G8, with an individual seat number. This is probably incredibly naive, but do fans have to stay in their own seats? Main reason I went for a terrace ticket was the atmosphere and ideally being able to dander down to near the touch-line and distract opposition line-outs etc., and generally be able to be as close as possible.

As I say, probably incredibly naive, but any help'd be great
It's the hope that kills you.
Cpt_Slacky
Novice

Re: East Terrace Seating

Post by Cpt_Slacky »

It's a Ticketmaster thing - you can stand (no seats!) wherever you like.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Welcome here, now someone will probably call you a bollicks, clown or chube but that is quite normal anyway so don't get offended.

The East Terrace is all standing as are all the terraces but Ticketmaster uses the seat and row system to keep track of tickets sold so you stand where you can find a place.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

No seats on terrace - find a space and stand there. Numbers on tickets are just for admin purposes
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:Well!

I've gotten into the way of following Ulster since starting uni, and have bought a ticket for my first game home to Cardiff Blues, towards the end of October. [Would be going to Leicester this Friday, but first pay-cheque isn't til end of the month.]

My ticket says I'm in east Terrace, section G8, with an individual seat number. This is probably incredibly naive, but do fans have to stay in their own seats? Main reason I went for a terrace ticket was the atmosphere and ideally being able to dander down to near the touch-line and distract opposition line-outs etc., and generally be able to be as close as possible.

As I say, probably incredibly naive, but any help'd be great
Firstly, there would be no point in you going to Leicester this Friday - Leicester are coming to us! >EW

Secondly, "seats" in the terrace don't exist - they appear on the ticket purely as a means of the ticketsellers knowing how many have been sold - you will be able to stand anywhere on the terrace you can find/like/that there is room.

Enjoy the game .... and many more to come.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:you will be able to stand anywhere on the terrace you can find/like/that there is room.
... that doesn't have a yellow line painted on it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:No seats on terrace - find a space and stand there.
..... so long as it doesn't have a yellow line painted on it! >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

That's what I thought, cheers. Will definitely be getting to the home game against Montpellier in January
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:That's what I thought, cheers. Will definitely be getting to the home game against Montpellier in January
Hi Rory. The terrace is definitely the place to be, despite what some of the Promenaders here might tell you >EW

Terrace tickets are a fairly hot commodity this year, especially for the big Heineken Cup games. If you want one for the Montpellier game try and get in early - should be available early December.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

big mervyn wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:That's what I thought, cheers. Will definitely be getting to the home game against Montpellier in January
Hi Rory. The terrace is definitely the place to be, despite what some of the Promenaders here might tell you >EW
He has a point. If you buy a ticket on the Terrace you get to look across at the glorious Prom dwellers. We on the other hand have the unedifying sight of that rabble that occupy the terrace :stir: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Oi new poster, what's your views on Cheerleaders
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Kofi Annan wrote:Oi new poster, what's your views on Cheerleaders
Roughly: >jawdrop >jawdrop >jawdrop
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

He obviously hasnt seen the state of them!
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

damianmcr wrote:He obviously hasnt seen the state of them!
I have, that's the point!

>jawdrop
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:He obviously hasnt seen the state of them!
Quality Damo :thumleft: They were rough as a bear's balls.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.