Schools Cup 2014

ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: Schools Cup 2014

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

For the record it's Holywood not Hollywood.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:For the record it's Holywood not Hollywood.
It is brad pitt heap with stupid cameras
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Campbell getting to the final next year?
Discuss.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

No...RBAI, Coleraine, MCB and Wallace in the final mix with RBAI looking the strongest with an excellent Medallion squad coming through.Campbell's main man Jack Owens leaves this year and it's a pity he did not lift a title as he is a great young player and in my opinion probably the best schools player in the province right now. Campbell always front up every year so they cannot be ruled out.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

A man of your education should know better than to expect a MCB alumnus to be able to spell.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Lol...never went to Methody actually but I appreciate the wee dig regardless! ... Secondary school boy and football I am afraid...
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Beattiespastie wrote:Lol...never went to Methody actually but I appreciate the wee dig regardless! ... Secondary school boy and football I am afraid...
Ye don't know the half of it........
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Beattiespastie wrote:Lol...never went to Methody actually but I appreciate the wee dig regardless! ... Secondary school boy and football I am afraid...
:scratch:

What's to be afraid of?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Are you sure it's not Hwood, KnocknagoneyMike?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
will+i+am
Novice

Post by will+i+am »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Campbell getting to the final next year?
Discuss.
Cant see why not, they have a strong 2nd XV who beat our school with a sizeable margin. From what I know they are a young side too with a summer training camp due I believe then it could bode well. Be interesting to see how the 2nd XV finishes off. Would really like to see some of the rural schools up there with a chance. I still believe its time for a shake up - dont know if the seeding is giving some of the smaller and more rural schools much of a chance. Many out in the first round. Do agree with Beattiepastie though that RBAI seem like strong favourites next year Their 2nds have beaten most other schools and with a no doubt winning medallion team coming through it would appear they will be the team to beat. Not so sure about CAI but Wallace will be strong. Lets see who wins this year though before getting carried away with next. Think MCB will take it with ease, but if nerves get the better of them like the quarters and semi's they need to be careful. Dont think it will be an issue somehow on the day.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

IMO its Wallace and Inst for the two main contenders. Wallace 1XV are mostly still going to be there next year so they will have learnt from their SF and will only improve, and as already said Inst Meds are fantastic this year, but they have players like Rry Bell and Rory Campbell leaving next year too, as far as I know which will be big loses.

Not sure if Methody will be as prominent next year, a lot of their team is upper sixth I think, or certainly most of the better players are, Lagan, Thompson, McKee etc, so it will be interesting to see as their Meds really havent/didnt impress me this year

CAI also have a young team but I cant see them doing as well this year, of course there is also Ballyclare and Ballymena who can sometimes pull off the odd result and overperform so you couldnt count them out of doing well next year either
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Campbell will be favourites for the 2nd XV cup this year as they will have the chance to field a number of 1st XV players I'm the closing stages. With hindsight a winning Medallion team has not always meant. A strong senior year. Methody lost out to Sullivan controversially in the 4th round of the Medallion Shield the year this present Sullivan side lifted the Shield yet Methody have dominated the 1st and 2nd XV competitions since that time. Of course the current lower Sixth. Lads at Methody also won the Shield so its going to be interesting next year. Methody are very pumped up for Sullivan and I take Methody to dominate the scrum and set piece as they did in two previous encounters this yeat. Sullivan are a good side but Wallace were better so I believe Methody played the best side already and although fortunate they made it through.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tickets are now on sale for the Danske Bank Ulster Schools’ Cup Final Methodist College v Sullivan Upper on Monday 17th March (kick off 3pm) at Ravenhill Stadium.
Ulster Rugby are offering Season Ticket holders an exclusive discount of 10% off all match tickets.
The exclusive discount offer allows Season Ticket holders to save 10% if they purchase their ticket online for the final before midnight on Tuesday 11th March.

The Schools’ Cup Final is one of the biggest events in the Ulster Rugby calendar and with work almost complete on the Ravenhill redevelopment, it is expected this year’s final will have one of the biggest attendances in recent years.
Methody’s dreams of a third successive Danske Bank Schools’ Cup title are still alive after they came from behind to seal a dramatic 17-12 win over Wallace High School.
The boot of Josh Bingham and tries from captain Michael Lagan and front row colleague Steven Weir were enough for the defending champions to prevail in the first semi final. Methody will be defending the Danske Bank Schools' Cup against Sullivan who will contest their first ever Danske Bank Schools' Cup Final after they recorded a 27-14 win over Coleraine Academical Institution in the other semi final.
The Holywood school scored two tries in each half to book their place in the 17th March showpiece.
Ulster Rugby is encouraging all fans to purchase tickets in advance of the game to avoid lengthy queues on match day. Ticket prices on the gate will be confirmed in due course.
Ulster Rugby would like to advise that Methodist College fans should purchase tickets in the Memorial End area of the ground and Sullivan Upper fans should purchase tickets in the Family area of the ground with the East Terrace for the neutral fans.
Please note the West Terrace and Grandstand will not be open for this game.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

How did the Ulster U18s do this season.
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Good luck to MCB and SULLIVAN for today's Cup final. Obviously my loyalties sit with MCB but I know the sacrifice needed by both sets of lads to get to a final. It's a long hard journey juggling rugby with studies so both teams deserve plaudits. It will be a tight final and am exciting one for all players, families and supporters. Whoever wins or loses can look back in years to come with great pride that they made it to a Schools Cup Final.