MOTM VS Montpellier

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Who was your MOTM VS Montpellier

J Payne
3%
A Trimble
1%
D Cave
3%
L Marshall
No votes
T Bowe
No votes
P Jackson
36%
R Pienaar
3%
T Court
2%
R Best
17%
D Fitzpatrick
2%
J Muller
2%
D Tuohy
22%
R Diack
No votes
C Henry
2%
R Wilson
5%
M Allen
No votes
S Olding
No votes
R Herring
No votes
C Black
No votes
P Marshall
No votes
J Afoa
No votes
L Stevenson
No votes
I Henderson
No votes

Total votes: 87

pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

MOTM VS Montpellier

Post by pip14 »

:red: Pity you can't vote for the whole team tbh :fleg: standout for me was Rory Best
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Re: MOTM VS Montpellier

Post by Neil F »

Dan Tuohy for me.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Neil F wrote:Dan Tuohy for me.
+1 to that.

Bit hits, big carries. Big job needed by the big man and he delivered... big time.
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Had to be jackson for that try saving tackle. Honestly though the whole team played as a unit and got the win. Suftum
Dura lex sed lex
mike
Novice

Post by mike »

Thelaw wrote:Had to be jackson for that try saving tackle. Honestly though the whole team played as a unit and got the win. Suftum

great tackle and big Dan was outstanding-humphs giving high praise to PJ http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-unio ... um=twitter
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The GP has put together 3 fantastic games this month.

Deserves the highest praise :salut:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Like last week I won't vote. Brilliant team performance from every man out there in a white shirt, would be an insult to the other 22 whom I didn't vote for.

Who got the official MotM?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Some terrific performances out there today.

All played their part, but THAT tackle by Paddy which resulted in a 10 point turnaround - instead of them getting 7, we went down field, immediately won a penalty and scored 3 makes him a worthy winner never mind the rest of his game.

On the other hand, Rory put in a massive shift and would be a worthy recipient of my vote too. His props were superb, Darren was great organising the backline and Roger was excellent.

My vote however goes to Dan for stupendous effort over 80 minutes - he was immense.

Well played the whole squad though - all played their part.

NO ONE will be wanting to play us in the future, home OR AWAY!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

ruckover wrote:Like last week I won't vote. Brilliant team performance from every man out there in a white shirt, would be an insult to the other 22 whom I didn't vote for.

Pienaar?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ruckover wrote:Like last week I won't vote. Brilliant team performance from every man out there in a white shirt, would be an insult to the other 22 whom I didn't vote for.

Didn't hear one announced - maybe because it was on red button, they didn't have one?????
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

Ruan got MOTM It was announced by speaker. Deservedely so. His kicking game was outstanding.Trinh Duc had tears in his eyes in the end.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Carrying on a recent habit of going for a much maligned player, Fat Deccie last week, I had Robbie in mind as a sop to the Diack faction gurners >EW & to be fair, he did a very decent job however not this time Robbie.

Instead I acknowledge how good Rory was, how much work Dan did to very good effect, how superb Ginger Prince was - again - the try saving tackle was actually the match winner above all else that happened, they would have been right back into the game. Fat Deccie did another great job this week against biys who were supposed to eat us. TC too & it was great to see Johann looking more like the thing this week & finally in the pack Roger played yet another supremely consistent variety of tough no nonsense rugby, tremendous work rate.

The wingers chased all day long & did the business for that try, great pass from Jared to Darren to start it.

And so to this weeks underdog of the week, Darren Cave.

Darren missed one tackle but he was just excellent in all aspects. To me what marked today's game out as memorable was the cool heads & correct decision making. That is always what impresses me about Darren, he makes great decisions & does so many things like that great bit if work to win one of the early 2nd half penalties we secured. The sort of often overlooked work that the really good players do that is not always noticed.

Great games by many but a superb collective, our TEAM ripped them 23 new arseholes, a comprehensive triumph for hard committed rugby played with very very cool heads.

By the way, today Ulster equalled a record that goes back to the final in 1999. 6 successful penalties in an HC game is our record. Mind you Simon kicked 6 from 6 in 99. :thumleft:

Munster just won their game making it 4 wins for Irish teams this weekend.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:By the way, today Ulster equalled a record that goes back to the final in 1999. 6 successful penalties in an HC game is our record. Mind you Simon kicked 6 from 6 in 99. :thumleft:

Munster just won their game making it 4 wins for Irish teams this weekend.
That must be a first.

This HEC is in chaos. For some reason, best known to themselves, the taffs have actually decided to win a few games.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Agree with Baggy about Darren Cave - the Conrad Smith equivalent in the Ulster team. All the lads stood up today. Fair play to each and every one of them. Magnificent victory. Wouldn't you love to be in Montpellier tonight.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

big mervyn wrote:
This HEC is in chaos. For some reason, best known to themselves, the taffs have actually decided to win a few games.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats funny bigmerv.