Whats everyone currently reading?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Whats everyone currently reading?

Post by justinr73 »

POC's book.

Interesting to read what made the big fella tick.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

My daughter gave me the latest Lee Childs Jack Reacher book, haven't started yet & holding a book will be a novelty as I've been exclusively a kindle reader for a few years or more, though I no longer have a Kindle.

Looking forward to it, one of my light reading staples, I think I'm passed the stage of caring or wanting to read a weighty tome, or some trick cyclist Booker Prize type guff, sure I'll be dead soon, what's the point?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:My daughter gave me the latest Lee Childs Jack Reacher book, haven't started yet & holding a book will be a novelty as I've been exclusively a kindle reader for a few years or more, though I no longer have a Kindle.

Looking forward to it, one of my light reading staples, I think I'm passed the stage of caring or wanting to read a weighty tome, or some trick cyclist Booker Prize type guff, sure I'll be dead soon, what's the point?
Haven't started the new Reacher yet, it's sitting on my shelf though. It's the only book/series I buy in physical copy these days (I've got them all in hard copy), I'm a Kindle mine myself too (I do occasionally receive an aul book as a gift but that's it)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

All the ones I've read have been decent enough.

Bit like a comfortable home win against Treviso I suppose.

Entertaining at times but not much of a test. Satisfying, but only fleetingly.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:All the ones I've read have been decent enough.

Bit like a comfortable home win against Treviso I suppose.

Entertaining at times but not much of a test. Satisfying, but only fleetingly.
Quite so Justin but as I said, though it goes against received wisdom, my brain is more or less full :roll: & will soon be entirely defunct and will have had a date with a large incinerator. I've got no use for seeking out weighty matters & have all the knowledge I require for my meaningless existence. Indeed I sometimes wish I could hand on parts of my acquired wisdom to some posters here less fortunate than myself.

From here until I join the bleedin' choir celestial, I prefer all my new experience and knowledge to come from the physical world. I'm going all European, somewhat against the trend and there is much to see & do. In terms of reading, mild amusement and easy entertainment will do. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

I was given Paul O'Connells book for Christmas, only a few chapters in, so far so good.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Ulster's injury list...
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:Ulster's injury list...
Haven't finished it yet but it's a thumber.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

The Father, Anton Svensson. Good crime story. And based on a true story, apparently.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Just finished the last of the "The Passage" trilogy, really enjoyed it. Have the Reacher book waiting for me at home but I might download Neil Gaiman's "American Gods", want to finish it before the TV series is released.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I would recommend to all The Lions - When the going gets tough by Ian McGeechan

While the book is mostly about Coaching the Lions most of the principles identified would be applicable to Club rugby .

The reason for the above statement is that as a Lions Coach his focus is one winning a Test series and thus how he sets out to achieve that goal - a club coach has to have a broader approach and his goals are both short and long term but as I state many of the principles would be the same.

Its an eye opener and would benefit many who are clueless as to the function of a coach and who think of the coach as a players personal skill trainer .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FORnC
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Re.reading the Millenium trilogy and finishing the Fitz and the fool trilogy.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Back-Brink-Edw ... 197908162X

Great trip down memory lane to when I started watching the North End.

John McGrath was a proper character.

I remember him telling a young Clive Tyldesley on Granada Reports that he had an new centre half lined up who was such a beast that they'd have to "feed him bananas".

We signed Mike Flynn shortly afterwards but I've never been sure if he was McGrath's primary target or not.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Away for a few days in Donegal so can't wait to get stuck in to Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar.