Whats everyone currently reading?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Whats everyone currently reading?

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:Go to Rome instead would be my other suggestion. The best city in continental Europe IMHO.
Having visited almost every capital city in europe in the last 5 years Rome js definitely bottom 2
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Go to Rome instead would be my other suggestion. The best city in continental Europe IMHO.
Having visited almost every capital city in europe in the last 5 years Rome js definitely bottom 2
Yup, Rome is over rated just like Paris, lot of smaller towns are far better than the capitals
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Copenhagen is an excellent place for a weekend
Amsterdam too
Berlin

Everyone gets robbed in Barcelona
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Yup, Rome is over rated just like Paris, lot of smaller towns are far better than the capitals
The hospitality is overpriced and overrated but the archeological stuff is fantastic - the pantheon, forum, coliseum, catacombs are only the start of it. Vatican museum is superb too. Everybody should go.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
The hospitality is overpriced and overrated but the archeological stuff is fantastic - the pantheon, forum, coliseum, catacombs are only the start of it. Vatican museum is superb too. Everybody should go.
Agree on the culchur being good and you comment about price and grub.

As Russ says Copenhagen is good, but don't waste time going to look at Little Mermaid
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Agree on the culchur being good and you comment about price and grub.

As Russ says Copenhagen is good, but don't waste time going to look at Little Mermaid
Watching asian men fall in the water at the mermaid is top sport
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

>yahoo this is brilliant, not only is it no help at all to Trousers, who totally tried to shanghai the thread for sh1ts and giggles, but it's become clear that most of us spend more time reading uafc, than anything else. We're so enlightened :red:
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Mainly read fantasy novels these days but did pre-order the new Jack Reacher yesterday.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

HairyJ wrote:Mainly read fantasy novels these days but did pre-order the new Jack Reacher yesterday.
I'm a big Jack Reacher fan. I'd need to get back in to them as I now see there's 21 books.

You should try the Charlie Parker series by John Connolly. He's an Irish author. His stuff is a bit darker than the Reacher stuff.

Oh and Harry Bosch series by Michael Connolly.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

damianmcr wrote:
HairyJ wrote:Mainly read fantasy novels these days but did pre-order the new Jack Reacher yesterday.
I'm a big Jack Reacher fan. I'd need to get back in to them as I now see there's 21 books.

You should try the Charlie Parker series by John Connolly. He's an Irish author. His stuff is a bit darker than the Reacher stuff.
I love Reacher. I've been a Kindle convert in recent years but I still buy Reacher in paperback (or hardback as the last one was and the next one is).

Will definitely give your recommendation a try, sounds good!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:

It's worth traveling all that way to a container port, just to be amazed at how little it really is.

Or you could just wander around Christiania and soak up the 'atmosphere'.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:

Oh and Harry Bosch series by Michael Connolly.
Have to say Damo, I too am a fan of both Connolly & Connelly's books. When I saw the Bosch dramas on Netflix/Amazon, can't remember which, Titus Welliver didn't "look" like the Harry Bosch I've been reading about for a couple of decades, but I've got used him and they do the books a reasonable amount of justice.

I'd always "seen" Bosch in my head a bit more like Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny, the greatest movie ever made. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've always wanted to introduce a few homophobes to Charlie Parker's two gay friends, Louis and Angel, then I remember the word "fiction".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:

It's worth traveling all that way to a container port, just to be amazed at how little it really is.

Or you could just wander around Christiania and soak up the 'atmosphere'.
It got shut down
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

East of Eden.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

'Nine Stories' (nine short stories, naturally) by JD Salinger. Outside of Catcher in the Rye - which is excellent, don't get me wrong - he's actually very witty.
It's the hope that kills you.