SPOTY

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

SPOTY

Post by Russ »

Thon time of year once again.

Murray has it sewn up.
AP McCoy 2nd
Farah 3rd

Thanks be to jesus for the expert panel meaning there will be no more embarrassments like Ryan Giggs.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Re: SPOTY

Post by pythagoras »

Russ wrote:Thon time of year once again.

Murray has it sewn up.
AP McCoy 2nd
Farah 3rd

Thanks be to jesus for the expert panel meaning there will be no more embarrassments like Ryan Giggs.
Stopped watching this round about the Niiiiigelllll Manselllll won it.
Like A Question of Sport it belongs to another age
If ROG didn't win it in 2009, I can't see Murray winning it this year, boom boom!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pythagoras wrote:
Russ wrote:Thon time of year once again.

Murray has it sewn up.
AP McCoy 2nd
Farah 3rd

Stopped watching this round about the Niiiiigelllll Manselllll won it.
Like A Question of Sport it belongs to another age
If ROG didn't win it in 2009, I can't see Murray winning it this year, boom boom!
ROG couldn't win it - Americans are only eligible for overseas SPotY
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Americans are only eligible for overseas SPotY
That's lovely, They win the war for ye and that's the thanks they get, for shame!
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

And you lot were a great help !Thanks for the fire engines Dev but my granny's chippy had already burnt down ya bollicks
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

namron wrote:And you lot were a great help !Thanks for the fire engines Dev but my granny's chippy had already burnt down ya bollicks
You've placed me in the impossible situation of trying to defend our neutrality without giving any credit to Dev.
We, er, had your back, OK?
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
namron wrote:And you lot were a great help !Thanks for the fire engines Dev but my granny's chippy had already burnt down ya bollicks
Aye, they switched the lights on in Dundalk so the bombers could line up Belfast. >pilot. >pilot.

So who are the ten? Or do I have to look it up?
That's what they say in Liverpool too. We didn't turn on our lights, we left them on. We were neutral you see.
That's what neutral countries do.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

You only need to know them 3 Proms!

If you want all 10 however, including one sheep shagging Warren Gatland, then read this list below

Sir Ben Ainslie - Sailing
Ian Bell - Cricket
Hannah Cockroft - Wheelchair athletics
Mo Farah - Athletics
Chris Froome - Cycling
Leigh Halfpenny - Rugby Union
AP McCoy - Horse Racing
Andy Murray - Tennis
Christine Ohuruogu - Athletics
Justin Rose - Golf
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pythagoras wrote: We, er, had your back, OK?
You know what? My wife's late Uncle Hughie who was from Westport would never shut up about that. He often was heard to say the comfort he felt knowing that "you had his back" as he jumped into the dark over Normandy on the 5th of a June 1944. At least, I think that was the gist of it. Hard to make out what he thought between all the swear words.
I think you'll find not all of the entire 26 counties were at home with their lights on. My father for example was in the RAF at the time.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:You only need to know them 3 Proms!

If you want all 10 however, including one sheep shagging Warren Gatland, then read this list below

Sir Ben Ainslie - Sailing - for America, international section please for this professional traitor
Ian Bell - Cricket He ain't Freddie, no chance
Hannah Cockroft - Wheelchair athletics Fulfilling the disabled & female quotas - result
Mo Farah - Athletics Only good Somali ..............
Chris Froome - Cycling They've nominated a whole town in Somerset?????????????? WTF
Leigh Halfpenny - Rugby Union each way bet
AP McCoy - Horse Racing clearly should win every year but won't
Andy Murray - Tennis Tah dah, ladies & gentlemen - your winner unless there is a late entry for a Royal
Christine Ohuruogu - Athletics Amazing how drug cheats are forgiven if they are Brits
Justin Rose - Golf - Gowf :shock: aye right, possible honourable mention
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Bit unfortunate for Froome really
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Post by AndyB »

Has to be Murray.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Murray and agree AP second and Month third.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
pythagoras wrote: We, er, had your back, OK?
You know what? My wife's late Uncle Hughie who was from Westport would never shut up about that. He often was heard to say the comfort he felt knowing that "you had his back" as he jumped into the dark over Normandy on the 5th of a June 1944. At least, I think that was the gist of it. Hard to make out what he thought between all the swear words.
I think you'll find not all of the entire 26 counties were at home with their lights on. My father for example was in the RAF at the time.
You'll also find that Allied shipping were able to use southern ports with more ahem .... "flexibility" than they should have had when in a neutral port. RAF and Coastal command planes were able to overfly Donegal with impunity thus extending thie range over the Atlantic significantly and helping considerably to win the war against the U-boats, and also Allied flyers that came down in the republic mysteriously found their way back across the border quite quickly and able to re-enter the war (albeit not in the early days of the war) whereas German flyers who put down there were interned for the duration.
The Free State sided in many ways with the Allies more than a neutral country ever should ... albeit, much of that was under threat of invasion by Churchill through Norn Iron to extract those concessions by force if necessary!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

FFS! It didn't take this thread long to go down the "traditional route". :lol:

Still, It's (marginally) more entertaining than SPOTY.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall