SPOTY

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: SPOTY

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:FFS! It didn't take this thread long to go down the "traditional route". :lol:

Still, It's (marginally) more entertaining than SPOTY.
Do try to keep on topic Merv! :roll:

:lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Not sure if this should be on this thread, or the one where they're talking about wee woman's pedigree mongrel? :D

Ahhhhh ... good old BBC ........ memories!
Attachments
Spoty Dog.jpg
Spoty Dog.jpg (19.13 KiB) Viewed 1868 times
I'm not arguing -
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Not sure if this should be on this thread, or the one where they're talking about wee woman's pedigree mongrel? :D

Ahhhhh ... good old BBC ........ memories!
:lol:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ach wee Spotty dog, aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

See, Froome is a knob, he acted like a knob in the 2012 tour de surrender monkeys and I decided that he will forever be a knob.

Thus, I feel no sadness for him not winning this, even though he beat a few men in lycra.

AP McCoy has nobody to race against. Irish Leprechauns will always win races on account of them being very light.

Murray has it sewn up.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: albeit, much of that was under threat of invasion by Churchill through Norn Iron to extract those concessions by force if necessary!
Or from FDR, even before the States were "in" the war. He did not like Dev. Not even a little bit.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

I was long aware that Dev's side in the civil war were responsible for wilfully destroying a lot of valuable records in the Four Courts
in 1922.
What I didn't know was that horlix was also responsible for 'recycling' a lot of 19th century census records to make newsprint during WW2.
Which is why the online data starts with the 1901 census. Just another example of what a curse he was on this country
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

1/2 penny has it sown up, BT slipped the Beeb some dosh as a sweetner to keep the Welsh on side for the Champions Cup................................................... :santa:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:1/2 penny has it sown up, BT slipped the Beeb some dosh as a sweetner to keep the Welsh on side for the Champions Cup................................................... :santa:
Given that BT control the phone lines, I think it would be pretty stupid to have to slip the BBC some money.

You English are always thinking of stupid solutions when there are very simple solutions on offer.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:Given that BT control the phone lines, I think it would be pretty stupid to have to slip the BBC some money.
BT tried to jump into bed with the PRL ....... they have a history of stupid!
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:Given that BT control the phone lines, I think it would be pretty stupid to have to slip the BBC some money.
BT tried to jump into bed with the PRL ....... they have a history of stupid!
Sky would have done the sensible thing if they controlled the lines.

Shut down all the lines apart from yon wheelchair bird, yon runner bird and 1/2p

Then those 3 would have made the top 3 of the viewer poll, and then 1/2p would have stood a chance to actually win by the judges
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Well done Muray

Surprised thon chube 1/2p got so close
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Will the English give notice that they are leaving SPOTY after that? The Sporting Year in review would work as a title.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Andy Murray won SPOTY with more than 50% of vote Murray 401,470 Halfpenny 65,913 McCoy 57,854 Farah 51,945 Ainslie 48,140 Froome 37,343.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Those figures suggest that those who thought it was a foregone conclusion were wrong, this was so one-sided it was at least a five or sixgone conclusion.

Frankly though I don't give a toss about horse racing, McCoy's record is worthy of recognition year after year.

Not a great year for interviews, 1/2 d was dull as ditch-water & Murray, to his credit, confessed to the most boring voice since Father Fitzgerald.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.