Professional Fans

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Professional Fans

Post by Cockatrice »

Anyone else read the BT and the story in which the Belfast Giants employ a professional fan to presumably entertain the crowd maybe what we need to entertain the fans and get us to stand up.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Professional Fans

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Anyone else read the BT and the story in which the Belfast Giants employ a professional fan to presumably entertain the crowd maybe what we need to entertain the fans and get us to stand up.
Cockers, I have the misfortune to have a friend who loves ice hockey. Problem is I hate it with a passion but make an annual sacrifice of going to a game with him.

So if you mean the obnoxious turd who screams "make some noise " whilst ould dolls giggle their rolls of fat to the background of "cotton eye Joe " then you need shooting as does the obnoxious turd.

Make some noise my crozier. Warren Gatland
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Why do the Giants not SUFTUM?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Is that not what they pay the stupid stupid band for
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Or even Sparky...
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

I see Manchester United also hired a group of fans to start chants in the Champions League games. From the sound on the TV it doesn't work either.

We have a perfectly good atmosphere at Ravenhill, one which many players, both ours and opposition, have testified to being one of the best in Europe. We do not need professional fans to start chants, we are perfectly capable of doing that ourselves.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

If UR are looking for a professional fan I volunteer. I could make myself available to travel to all away games as long as all expenses are paid and I will attend all home games. Can't guarantee that my jumping up and down will produce anything other than convulsive outbreaks of laughter.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Has the "get in the hole" man finally had his filled in or do the new acoustics render him inaudible from the terrace? Don't recall hearing him this season.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote:Has the "get in the hole" man finally had his filled in or do the new acoustics render him inaudible from the terrace? Don't recall hearing him this season.
Shhhhh

Keep this to yourself.

heard a wee rumour that when they dug the new foundations, someone took his advice and put HIM in the hole ..... and filled it in :cheers:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Has the "get in the hole" man finally had his filled in or do the new acoustics render him inaudible from the terrace? Don't recall hearing him this season.
Shhhhh

Keep this to yourself.

heard a wee rumour that when they dug the new foundations, someone took his advice and put HIM in the hole ..... and filled it in :cheers:
It's what he would have wanted :salut:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

What about that wain who screams "COME ON ULSTER!" in the same high-pitched tone every 30 secs? Can someone give him some testosterone to at least break his voice?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Someone told me confidentially that he died in a guldering accident. "Get in the ......." but he didn't finish as someone stuffed a fist down his offensive thrapple.

How just, died from a blow to his offensive larynx.

Happily, THE Gulderer is still with us. Noticed him last week, so you should have too Merv, picked a quiet moment & let her rip.

We can really manage pretty well without some clown whipping up a frenzy, at a frenzy free moment, when frenzy is not appropriate.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Someone told me confidentially that he died in a guldering accident. "Get in the ......." but he didn't finish as someone stuffed a fist down his offensive thrapple.

How just, died from a blow to his offensive larynx.

Happily, THE Gulderer is still with us. Noticed him last week, so you should have too Merv, picked a quiet moment & let her rip.

We can really manage pretty well without some clown whipping up a frenzy, at a frenzy free moment, when frenzy is not appropriate.
Personally, I'm feeling the pace a wee bit this season. I am therefore targeting opposition line-outs and during the team's traditional lull in intensity.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Still wondering what the etiquette is over a cheeky SUFTUM in the Odyssey
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:Still wondering what the etiquette is over a cheeky SUFTUM in the Odyssey
Try it and ask your friends to let us know if you get a fast-flying-puck in yer bake-hole
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right