What are you drinking?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:57 am Colind gin makes 25% of the glass fever tree 75% -- you've been getting the proportions wrong , which is why you don't understand it.
Who decreed that it should be 1:3? Was it on one of the tablets that Moses dropped on his way down rhe mountain?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Who decreed that it should be 1:3? Was it on one of the tablets that Moses dropped on his way down rhe mountain?
Moses probably went with a 1:1 ratio and that's why he dropped the tablets. :lol:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Nothing wrong with a drop of Powers Gold Label on a chilly December evening.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Got a present of 5 yo double wood Hinch whiskey from Terry Cross's new distillery at Ballynahinch. Excellent stuff, best drunk neat.
Try it
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I like the Ninth Wave Gin they do but haven’t tried the whiskey yet.

But I will.
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Fast approaching the end of my craft beer Advent calender from Flavourly.com but stocking up on some local ales for the festive season.

Mourne Mountains Brewery in Warrenpoint produce some lovely potent beers (the ales are great) and the cans are works of art too with nice scenic photos of the Mournes.

For bottle conditioned beers, Ards Brewing Company do a nice range.

:stout:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’s great to see all these new breweries taking off BUT, to my taste, about two thirds of it is massively over-hopped.

I find that licking a bar of soap and downing a shot of vodka achieves a similar effect, although I’m a bit sick of getting hairs in my mouth.

When proper drinking can resume, where am I likely to find a decent pint of hand-pulled ale in the Province?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:48 pm It’s great to see all these new breweries taking off BUT, to my taste, about two thirds of it is massively over-hopped.

I find that licking a bar of soap and downing a shot of vodka achieves a similar effect, although I’m a bit sick of getting hairs in my mouth.

When proper drinking can resume, where am I likely to find a decent pint of hand-pulled ale in the Province?
Agreed Justin. I don't care for all these grapefruit flavoured IPAs.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:48 pm It’s great to see all these new breweries taking off BUT, to my taste, about two thirds of it is massively over-hopped.

Aside from the usual Wetherspoons outlets around the place, in Belfast you've the Kitchen Bar, Bittles and The Sunflower. A much lesser known one is The Green Room which is part of the Black Box in Hill Street. They usually have around 10 different beers on tap. Doubtless there are plenty of others but these are ones I've visited however who knows if they will all reappear post COVID.
:salut:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Much appreciated.

I’d not heard of the Green Room and, inexplicably, we’ve never been in the Sunflower.

Might join some of the clubs in the East too. If they’ll have me!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:57 am Colind gin makes 25% of the glass fever tree 75% -- you've been getting the proportions wrong , which is why you don't understand it.
He understands it ok.

He just doesn't agree with it.

You on the other hand . . . ? ? ?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Woodworkers as part of Laverys have a rotating selection of guest ales.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

justinr73 wrote:It’s great to see all these new breweries taking off BUT, to my taste, about two thirds of it is massively over-hopped.

Northern lights on the Ormeau Road opposite the errigle has a good selection that changes regularly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:54 pm
justinr73 wrote:It’s great to see all these new breweries taking off BUT, to my taste, about two thirds of it is massively over-hopped.

Northern lights on the Ormeau Road opposite the errigle has a good selection that changes regularly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Northern Lights stock a lot of the Galway Bay stuff which is excellent.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

750ml IKEA's non alcoholic Gluwein + 250ml Jack Daniels + 4 dessert spoons of sugar heated up to just below boiling.

Surprisingly good!
Big Neville Southall