Browner memorial: What you eatin' thread.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Browner memorial: What you eatin' thread.

Post by Tender »

I've often thought how much better Belfast City Centre would be if all the shops which are contained within Victoria Square/Castle Court/Spires etc were spread out around the City .
At present we have Pound shops, Ciggy Vaping shops, Cheque Changing shops and loads of other lowlife scumbag shops populating most of the spaces between shopping centres. Tourists must think we an even shitiershitbox than the DUPers make us appear in the media.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tender wrote:I've often thought how much better Belfast City Centre would be if all the shops which are contained within Victoria Square/Castle Court/Spires etc were spread out around the City .
At present we have Pound shops, Ciggy Vaping shops, Cheque Changing shops and loads of other lowlife scumbag shops populating most of the spaces between shopping centres. Tourists must think we an even shitiershitbox than the DUPers make us appear in the media.
Belfast shops were too busy stopping John Lewis building at Sprucefield to notice that their own city centre was being ruined by the building of Victoria Square
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tender wrote:I've often thought how much better Belfast City Centre would be if all the shops which are contained within Victoria Square/Castle Court/Spires etc were spread out around the City .
Fairly consistent with most UK towns, I've visited.
Retailers want high quality, purpose built premises. Many High streets require a bulldozer. The only way to rejuvenate high streets is to revamp business rates. Otherwise we will be left with nothing but charity shops and popups.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Belfast shops were too busy stopping John Lewis building at Sprucefield to notice that their own city centre was being ruined by the building of Victoria Square
Vic Square only thing keeping the city alive

Blame lands squarely at the building owners and their inability to invest in what people want

1. Clean spaces
2. Natural light
3. Accessibility

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I wasn't apportioning blame, but when asked I always blame Jim Rodgers.

I tried my hand at Cauliflower Rice tonight and it tasted better than the version I had in a restaurant recently. It's easier than Marcell's knees to make but it kicks up the wind somethin fierce.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Blame lands squarely at the building owners and their inability to invest in what people want

1. Clean spaces
2. Natural light
3. Accessibility

Not a heck of a lot of natural light in the shops in Vic Sq :scratch:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:

1. Clean spaces
2. Natural light
3. Accessibility

Not a heck of a lot of natural light in the shops in Vic Sq :scratch:
More than Castlecourt

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Following on from the Crisps discussion on the Podcast thread (naturally) -

I see Tayto have their Turkey and Ham Crisps out again - must be getting near Xmas.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Mexican Pringles
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Mexican Pringles ImageImage
Turncoat!
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:Retailers want high quality, purpose built premises. Many High streets require a bulldozer. The only way to rejuvenate high streets is to revamp business rates. Otherwise we will be left with nothing but charity shops and popups.
The IRA did their best to rejuvenate Belfast, but the places they flattened are the reason Belfast has probably more car parking sites than most cities. Initially street level parking when the businesses were bulldozed away after the bomb, then multi-story.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:Retailers want high quality, purpose built premises. Many High streets require a bulldozer. The only way to rejuvenate high streets is to revamp business rates. Otherwise we will be left with nothing but charity shops and popups.
The IRA did their best to rejuvenate Belfast, but the places they flattened are the reason Belfast has probably more car parking sites than most cities. Initially street level parking when the businesses were bulldozed away after the bomb, then multi-story.
The IRA revitalised Banbridge
Still disgusting vile vermin and twunts

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:The IRA revitalised Banbridge

I dunno. I know a couple of people from Banbridge who aren't too bad.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:The IRA revitalised Banbridge

I dunno. I know a couple of people from Banbridge who aren't too bad.
Banger

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

My tip would be - don't share your bottle with anyone.
www.stoutboys.co.uk