BBC apologists

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

monkee
Novice

BBC apologists

Post by monkee »

Rob Bonnett Is a disgrace to the BBC TV Licence. He actually stops the idiot to let him know that he missed a point!?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ugby_Club/
Rob Bonnett is my nomination for Gatland of the Year.
This, sadly, is the future.
ParcoPorta
Novice

Re: BBC apologists

Post by ParcoPorta »

Nothing surprising in anything Wray has to say
ParcoPorta
Novice

Post by ParcoPorta »

Almost forgot. He did say he thought it would still be called Heineken Cup?!
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

Im just impressed Wray was able to keep a straight face when trying to let on that Saracens are hindered by the salary cap.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

If you chuck out the hate glasses and listen to the man he actually makes a lot of very relevant points as to what all the problems going on are and talks an awful lot of sense.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Rooster wrote:If you chuck out the hate glasses and listen to the man he actually makes a lot of very relevant points as to what all the problems going on are and talks an awful lot of sense.
Rooster, whereabouts on here is there any evidence that most of our "experts" are likely to either take off hate glasses or even actually listen to what is said? Neither trait is common amongst the majority folks on here.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

brianc wrote:
Rooster wrote:If you chuck out the hate glasses and listen to the man he actually makes a lot of very relevant points as to what all the problems going on are and talks an awful lot of sense.
Rooster, whereabouts on here is there any evidence that most of our "experts" are likely to either take off hate glasses or even actually listen to what is said? Neither trait is common amongst the majority folks on here.
I really HATE it when somebody jumps in and makes my point before me! Gatland!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
brianc wrote:
But people listen to brianc. :lol:

It's funny though that two people (hypothetically) could say exactly the same thing, but how it is received depends on which one you hear and how it was said.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BR wrote:
brianc wrote:
But people listen to brianc. :lol:

It's funny though that two people (hypothetically) could say exactly the same thing, but how it is received depends on which one you hear and how it was said.
I was going to post that......darn it......
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Well has anyone listened right through the interview yet ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:Well has anyone listened right through the interview yet ?
Yes
Getting the right people in and treating them well = the Ulster Way and a very good point it is.
He tells it as it is and how he sees it in a very measured and reasonable way. The fact is that this deal doesn't suit us, it suits them and he acknowledges that. There is nothing insulting or offensive in what he says. The problem is the gunboat diplomacy used by him and his colleagues in throwing their weight around and using the RFU as their lackey.

His point about building something enduring that will go on is interesting and suggests that as I have felt, he leaves his business head in the car when he arrives at Saracens. It'll not endure if it is a busted flush with debts like a third world banana republic.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Yes, I just listened to it and Nigel Wray would make an absolutely brilliant politian....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:Yes, I just listened to it and Nigel Wray would make an absolutely brilliant politian....
He wants whatever suits his team and you cannot fault him for that. You can be sure the spin doctors were all over those questions and answers beforehand. It was of course a piece of propaganda and had to be reasonable or it wouldn't work.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

If he stood beside a corkscrew you couldn't tell the difference...
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:Well has anyone listened right through the interview yet ?
Not me ....

... while what he was saying sounded very reasonable, I turned off after a few minutes because it was an obvious propaganda exercise portraying the Ulster ..... I mean the Sarries way.

Strange thing is, had it been Shane Logan saying what he said, I might have thought he believed (most of) what he was saying.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right