P12 semi

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

P12 semi

Post by BR »

Looking like rds. So will there be s lottery for tickets, or how will it work. Fermain! Order a new server!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: P12 semi

Post by Russ »

Guessing we get an allocation of between 10 and 25 percent that will be lottery drawn for ST holders.

Same will happen to Leinster fans and very little if any will go on general sale

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Is it not 50:50?
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Scranner wrote:Is it not 50:50?
No idea for quarter. Assumed not
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Think it was 25% for last year's semis so hopefully about 4500.

Demand will definitely be affected by whether it's a Friday or Saturday.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Did Leinster nominate the RDS for semi final and / or final?

Last year there was a whole who ha when Ulster nominated RDS as final venue. I cannot find anywhere venue nominations for this year. Does anyone know?

On a tangent......

"3.6. In the RaboDirect PRO12 Play-Offs, the Team placed first in the league shall play the Team placed fourth and the Team placed second shall play the Team placed third. The RaboDirect PRO12 Play-Offs shall be held at the home grounds of the first and second placed Teams respectively. The winners shall meet in the RaboDirect PRO12 Final. "

There is no ground capacity limit for semi, therefore Glasgow can have a home semi at a smallish Scotstoun if they so wish....

"3.7. The RaboDirect PRO12 Final is provisionally scheduled to take place on the weekend of 25/26 May. RaboDirect PRO12 will determine the venue for the RaboDirect PRO12 Final however the Team that finished highest in the league stage competing in the Final will be able to propose a venue within its own Union's jurisdiction (which may include the team's own ground) to host the RaboDirect PRO12 Final, provided that the venue meets certain commercial criteria and has capacity for a minimum of 18,000 spectators. "

The final venue must have a capacity of 18k plus. Note RDS would not / will not hold as many as last years final this year. This is because temporary stands put in place for Amlin Final will not be I believe in place. Can anyone confirm?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Would only be fair if Leinster nominated Ravenhill this time
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Use the Toilet Bowl/Bed Pan.

Obvious innit? :stir: :fleg: :red: :blueafro:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Can't see us exceeding our allocation in the RDS for a Rabo semi tbh.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:Can't see us exceeding our allocation in the RDS for a Rabo semi tbh.

well if anyone gets an allocation that they don't want, I'd be pleased to take it from them.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Can't see us exceeding our allocation in the RDS for a Rabo semi tbh.

well if anyone gets an allocation that they don't want, I'd be pleased to take it from them.
Almost certain we took a number close to that at Xmas
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Gael wrote:Would only be fair if Leinster nominated Ravenhill this time
Yes! Let's get a campaign started now :lol:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Let's be clear

If we make it to a final and so do Glasgow, we will have the majority of fans in the ground

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Wee Woman wrote:
Gael wrote:Would only be fair if Leinster nominated Ravenhill this time
Yes! Let's get a campaign started now :lol:
#MAKERDSHOME
Available for weddings May to August only
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Did Leinster nominate the RDS for semi final and / or final?

Last year there was a whole who ha when Ulster nominated RDS as final venue. I cannot find anywhere venue nominations for this year. Does anyone know?

On a tangent......

"3.6. In the RaboDirect PRO12 Play-Offs, the Team placed first in the league shall play the Team placed fourth and the Team placed second shall play the Team placed third. The RaboDirect PRO12 Play-Offs shall be held at the home grounds of the first and second placed Teams respectively. The winners shall meet in the RaboDirect PRO12 Final. "

There is no ground capacity limit for semi, therefore Glasgow can have a home semi at a smallish Scotstoun if they so wish....

"3.7. The RaboDirect PRO12 Final is provisionally scheduled to take place on the weekend of 25/26 May. RaboDirect PRO12 will determine the venue for the RaboDirect PRO12 Final however the Team that finished highest in the league stage competing in the Final will be able to propose a venue within its own Union's jurisdiction (which may include the team's own ground) to host the RaboDirect PRO12 Final, provided that the venue meets certain commercial criteria and has capacity for a minimum of 18,000 spectators. "

The final venue must have a capacity of 18k plus. Note RDS would not / will not hold as many as last years final this year. This is because temporary stands put in place for Amlin Final will not be I believe in place. Can anyone confirm?
Question related to 3.7 above - if we play our semi at the RDS (very likely) and IF we win am I right in my reading of the above rule that we would still not have home advantage for the final - we would have to play Munster at home (assuming the Pro 12 agree to this) or Glasgow in a ground with 18,000 plus capacity in Scotland (which might be interesting given Murryfield is out of commission) - correct?
Finished