Emerging Ireland

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Emerging Ireland

Post by Kofi Annan »

Five Ulster players have been selected in the Emerging Ireland squad that will compete in the IRB Nations Cup next month.

They are forwards Niall Annett and Callum Black and backs Michael Allen, Craig Gilroy and Paul Marshall.

Ulster’s Neil Doak will be assistant coach of the squad with Dan McFarland named as Head Coach.

In total 26 players have been named in the squad with Emerging Ireland's first game of the tournament takes place on Friday 13th June against Russia.

Five days later Emerging Ireland take on Uruguay on Wednesday 18th June with the team's final game of the IRB Nations Cup coming against hosts Romania on Sunday 22nd June.

Emerging Ireland Squad

FORWARDS (15)
Niall Annett (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)*
Rodney Ah You (Buccaneers/Connacht)*
Michael Bent (Dublin University/Leinster)
Callum Black (Malone/Ulster)*
Paddy Butler (Shannon/Munster)*
Bryan Byrne (Clontarf/Leinster)*
Robin Copeland (Cardiff Blues)*
Sean Dougall (Dolphin/ Munster)*
David Foley (UL Bohemians/Munster)*
Mick Kearney (Clontarf/Connacht)*
Mike McCarthy (Lansdowne/Leinster) (c)
Tommy O'Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster)
Dominic Ryan (Lansdowne/Leinster)*
John Ryan (Cork Constitution/Munster)*
James Tracy (UCD/Leinster)*

BACKS (11)
Michael Allen (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)*
Andrew Conway (Blackrock College/Munster)*
Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster)
Eoin Griffin (Galwegians/Connacht)*
JJ Hanrahan (UL Bohemians/Munster)*
Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster)
Brendan Macken (Blackrock College/Leinster)*
Paul Marshall (Ballymena/Ulster)
Luke McGrath (UCD/Leinster)*
Johne Murphy (Young Munster/Munster)*
Noel Reid (Clontarf/Leinster)*
*denotes uncapped player

Emerging Ireland Head Coach, Dan McFarland, commented, "I am looking forward to working with Neil and this exciting group of players in what will be a highly competitive tournament. It is a great opportunity for players to showcase their abilities and represent their country.”

Joe Schmidt, Ireland Head Coach, added, "There is a good mix of experienced and younger players in this squad. They will face three tough fixtures as Romania have already qualified for RWC14 and both Uruguay and Russia are in the final stages of the Repechage for World Cup qualification.”

Players from last year's Emerging Ireland squad who have subsequently been capped for Ireland include Dave Kearney, Jack McGrath, Marty Moore and Jordi Murphy and a total of 6 from last year's Emerging Ireland squad¹ will travel with the Senior team to Argentina.

¹ Players selected for Argentina Tour from last year's Emerging Ireland squad include Robbie Diack, Rob Herring, Jack McGrath, Marty Moore, Jordi Murphy and Rhys Ruddock

IRB Nations Cup 2014
Venue: Romania

Match 1:
Emerging Ireland v Russia
Friday 13th June 2014
Stadionul National Arcul de Triumf 19:00

Match 2:
Emerging Ireland v Uruguay
Wednesday 18th June 2014
Stadionul National Arcul de Triumf 19:00

Match 3:
Romania v Emerging Ireland
Sunday 22nd June 2014
Stadionul National Arcul de Triumf 17:00

PAUL MARSHALL, one for the future :roll: Emerging players :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
eeyore
Initiate

Re: Emerging Ireland

Post by eeyore »

Was talking to big Dan's da in Cardiff on Saturday night. He was saying that Nugget is due to get married on 20th June so he's up shitcreek with his selection in the emerging squad. He asked Dr Dave for advice who told him, he's no option. It's included in his contract. Let's hope he has an understanding future Mrs Nugget
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

:scratch: Nugget
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote::scratch: Nugget
Callum Black
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Poor Nugget, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Sorry Kofi, all my fault, I considered him a hard wee nugget of a prop. Not my finest hour.

By the way, I assume that "Emerging" is not overly relevant to the selection criteria, either p has emerged or at his age he should be due an appointment with the humane killer.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Time Callum Black looked to Giggs for a solution to his marriage problems!

I know, shock horror! But Mr Giggs was able to avoid playing for Wales due to supposed injuries

So, I heard Black has hurt his shoulder

Anyone else hear this stone cold fact?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:Time Callum Black looked to Giggs for a solution to his marriage problems!

I know, shock horror! But Mr Giggs was able to avoid playing for Wales due to supposed injuries

Russ could you not take one for the team
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Russ wrote:Time Callum Black looked to Giggs for a solution to his marriage problems!

Dunno, is she fit?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

Dunno, is she fit?
Ask not what your club can do for you, but what you can do for your club, stand up .
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Two things you do not do during rugby season.... die on a Thursday or get married on a Saturday..... poor form Nugget.

Interesting it's written into his contract. This must mean his eligibility of playing for his country of birth the u s of a is not an option whilst contracted to Ulster as a assume he is not centrally contracted.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Mon May 26, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Two things you do not do during rugby season.... die on a Thursday or get married on a Saturday..... poor form Nugget.

Interesting it's written into his contract. This must mean his eligibility of playing for his country of birth the u s of a is not an option whilst contracted to Ulster.
His contract is with the IRFU, but if he elects to declare himself available for the USA, he loses his job with the IRFU.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Two things you do not do during rugby season.... die on a Thursday or get married on a Saturday..... poor form Nugget.

Interesting it's written into his contract. This must mean his eligibility of playing for his country of birth the u s of a is not an option whilst contracted to Ulster.
His contract is with the IRFU, but if he elects to declare himself available for the USA, he loses his job with the IRFU.
I thought there was a difference between an Ulster contract and a full Irish contract Snipe? Apart from money.....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Interesting it's written into his contract. This must mean his eligibility of playing for his country of birth the u s of a is not an option whilst contracted to Ulster as a assume he is not centrally contracted.
Nugget obviously exceeded his own expectations for the season.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

I thought there was a difference between an Ulster contract and a full Irish contract Snipe? Apart from money.....
They are all contracts with the union.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wishing Nugget a successful off season to sort his shoulder out