2014/15 Toulon watch

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: 2014/15 Toulon watch

Post by BuckRogers »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BuckRogers wrote: I chuckled, well winced, on Friday night noticing Best is the tallest of our front rowers that started and he's not a terribly big man.
I know a man who spoke to Rory on Friday night. If I can remember his exact words Rory said "well impressed with Big Licence, he is a seriously strong player and he along with Herbst is possibly the strongest front row I have ever been in".

Feel the quality Buck, never mind the width.................. nor height. >EW

A fond farewell to Angry Tom, feck off back to your bitch........... or Glaws to BBJ.

This is going to be the real thing, I have a feeling in my water, these will be legend. :cheers:
For the avoidance of doubt my friend I have no problem with the front row per se but I just don't like to see the hooker being the tallest member of the FRU as it means he's taking the 'hit' first.

Albeit with the hit minimised this may not be much of a valid concern any more.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

In addition, surely the TIghthead still leads in?
Exterminate all rational thought
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BuckRogers wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BuckRogers wrote: I chuckled, well winced, on Friday night noticing Best is the tallest of our front rowers that started and he's not a terribly big man.
I know a man who spoke to Rory on Friday night. If I can remember his exact words Rory said "well impressed with Big Licence, he is a seriously strong player and he along with Herbst is possibly the strongest front row I have ever been in".

Feel the quality Buck, never mind the width.................. nor height. >EW

A fond farewell to Angry Tom, feck off back to your bitch........... or Glaws to BBJ.

This is going to be the real thing, I have a feeling in my water, these will be legend. :cheers:
For the avoidance of doubt my friend I have no problem with the front row per se but I just don't like to see the hooker being the tallest member of the FRU as it means he's taking the 'hit' first.

Albeit with the hit minimised this may not be much of a valid concern any more.
You know what, though I love the fatties I'm ignorant as to what they do to a large extent. What I do know is that it appears that with the new scrummage laws, almost certain not to be repealed any time soon, small props appear to be thriving and I would imagine that having a good scrummaging hooker between them does absolutely no harm.

We have entered the era of the "square prop", men who can use their low centre of gravity to good effect. According to a report from one man I never doubt, Rory is excited by these two "strongest front row he has played in were the words".

I refuse to be deterred in my high levels of excitement, legend in the making.

The oppositions scrum going backwards is one of rugby's finest sights. I remember as far back as the Lions tour of NZ in 1971, in a provincial match they were in all sorts of trouble and defending a 5 yard scrum under their own posts. Sean Lynch and Ray McLoughlin each lifted their opponents off their feet (legal in those days) and walked them backwards 5 or 10 yards. Changed the game, Lions overcame their deficit & won. Hard to see what could lift a team more than that. :thumleft:

Do you know what? It wasn't even televised here as far as I recall, but I got that sense of excitement about if from the range of decent rugby writers that used to follow 3 month tours in those days, Van Esbeck and a raft of Thomas's, JB etc. from the English papers.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

One of the Spide brothers at it again :roll: Fecks sake he can't even hold his drink >crazy1
English rugby player Steffon Armitage has been released from custody in France but faces a court date in two weeks on charges of violence.France Bleu local radio reported that Armitage was freed and will face charges in court on February 10.

Armitage, the European club player of the year last season, and club teammate Xavier Chiocci were questioned by police yesterday over an alleged attack on a man during an alcohol-fuelled party in a restaurant last month, following a win over Leicester in the European Cup.

Both players told investigators they have no memory of what happened that night.

Toulon said Chiocci was released without charge while Armitage remained in custody overnight.

Toulon will consider disciplinary action pending the outcome of the case.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Must be in the genes!

Wonder if he will get a longer sentence than Felon (if convicted of course)?
Finished