Munster Meltdown!!!

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Munster Meltdown!!!

Post by Snipe Watson »

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster Meltdown!!!

Post by shamalicious »

Oh dear!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Guess the players!

Mentally weak - Kilcoyne
Gravy Train - Zebo

Why they have a contract - Duncan Williams

Easterby Out
HoneyBadger
Novice

Post by HoneyBadger »

Anybody actually know who the players in question are?
Using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Munsterfans forum is a good read.... general summary.

There is a theory the report was leaked accidentally on purpose by management to give a few people a kick up the hole :roll:

Players are taking legal advice. Player consensus is that a head will have to roll for this.

Amateur hour at Munster Rugby "Problem is when said legal advisor informs mentally weak basket case that he can claim constructive dismissal either now or when contract is not renewed. In the case of the latter, he could also use it as a very powerful bargaining chip to continue riding the gravy train. "
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

They are not as apoplectic as I expected on MF.
Big Smoke Culchie
Squire

Post by Big Smoke Culchie »

Tee hee!
Joe Schmidt is a Leinster ballbag
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Mentally weak - Mike Allen
Gravy Train - Ian Humphreys
Why they have a contract - Mike McCommish

Oh wait it was a Munster leak :roll:
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Mentally weak - Mike Allen

Harsh on Michael Allen. He's barely out of his teens ffs.
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

eeyore wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Mentally weak - Mike Allen

Harsh on Michael Allen. He's barely out of his teens ffs.
Equally hard on the superb iHumph, who if reports are to be believed put a try on a plate for the aid "mentally weak" operative.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "Return of the Humph" when needed. I have confidence in most of his game, just one particular area of concern. >EW

I don't want to ascribe tags unkindly but I do remember Michael botching a gift against Weegies that ultimately cost us the game, as in fairness did Luke. I wish the boy well for the season, he goes about his work with vigour, needs a tad more composure and accuracy in his work.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Not so nice when it's our own players.

No takers to defend McCommish... poor form. I remember him doing a stellar job against Castre at home in HC when at the final hour Fez was announced unfit. Likewise he put in a shift at the tail end of last season against Munster. No beef with him, we need squad players. Not two fiddlers do I give that he couldn't be bothered playing for Malone, he's in his twilight years a seasoned professional, younger players turning down AIL game time I do have a problem with for all of the obvious reasons.

On Humph. Without doubt the finest back up out half in Ireland and the British Isles, must likely took a pay cut to come home, although what other options he had who knows? Agreement suited both the player and Ulster Rugby.

Michael Allen I stand by. Genuinely hope maturity will help and I believe mental strength can be taught these days.

Mentally weak - Jared Payne (Cannot stand up and admit his wrong doings)
Gravy Train - Jared Payne (Willing to sell his soul for the gravy train that is a central contract)
Why they have a contract - Jared Payne (Fick eff bek to kiwiland with anscombe)

Fixed :thumleft:

Now leak that.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shift shift shift

Easterby Out
Scholar
Initiate

Post by Scholar »

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (26.98 KiB) Viewed 4257 times
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Not so nice when it's our own players.

No takers to defend McCommish... poor form. I remember him doing a stellar job against Castre at home in HC when at the final hour Fez was announced unfit. Likewise he put in a shift at the tail end of last season against Munster. No beef with him, we need squad players. Not two fiddlers do I give that he couldn't be bothered playing for Malone, he's in his twilight years a seasoned professional, younger players turning down AIL game time I do have a problem with for all of the obvious reasons.

On Humph. Without doubt the finest back up out half in Ireland and the British Isles, must likely took a pay cut to come home, although what other options he had who knows? Agreement suited both the player and Ulster Rugby.

Michael Allen I stand by. Genuinely hope maturity will help and I believe mental strength can be taught these days.

Mentally weak - Jared Payne (Cannot stand up and admit his wrong doings)
Gravy Train - Jared Payne (Willing to sell his soul for the gravy train that is a central contract)
Why they have a contract - Jared Payne (Fick eff bek to kiwiland with anscombe)

Fixed :thumleft:

Now leak that.
>clapping >clapping >clapping

Like it 9 :thumleft: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

.,.png
.,.png (22.25 KiB) Viewed 3946 times
Reply All
Almost everyone who works in any sort of office jobs, or probably lots of other environments, will have a story to tell about someone mistakenly hitting the ‘Reply All’ button, or somehow sending the wrong information to the wrong people.

It’s a source of comedy gold, as anyone who’s heard David O’Doherty’s ‘I Sent the Text Message to the Person the Text was About’, or seen the episode of The Office where Brent launches an investigation into who mocked up a compromising picture of him (‘It degrades women’), will attest.

And so it has come to pass that the latest email blunderbusses are the Munster management team, who mistakenly sent a critical evaluation of the entire squad to… the entire squad.

In all likelihood this one will blow over, and it’s important not to make too big a deal of it. But my word, it’s good a bit of an old giggle. Winning rugby matches and fostering squad harmony in a group of 30 or 40 competitive animals is a hard enough business as it is without digging absurd holes for oneself. The point many have made that the players would be used to candid criticism misses one key element: it’s one thing the coaches telling you to, say, improve your passing, but it’s entirely another having the whole squad know the coaches don’t rate your passing. It’s a case of the ‘blue eyed islanders’ problem. Everyone knows that everyone knows etc. that I can’t pass.

The biggest reveal in the whole thing was just how quaint and simple the report sounded. Colour-coding denoting the pecking order of the players! Comments such as ‘sloppy lifestyle’ and ‘on a gravy train’ [allegedly]! Do such remarks really need to be committed to a written document? It all sounds a bit Football Manager, but without the layers of complexity. Isn’t this the digital age where players are GPS-monitored for every minute they train and play?

Jirry: ‘I see that BJ Botha’s heart rate has been up in Zone 5 for the last eight minutes. He’s cooked. Might be time to bring on Stephen Archer for the last ten.’

Axel: [consults sheet] It says here his scrummaging is average. Let’s leave Big BJ out there for a bit.

And since when was pecking order of players set in stone by colour-coding? Aren’t these the days of hourses for courses and fostering competition for places?

Jirry: Ok, so with CJ Stander and Robin Copeland at 6 and 8 I reckon we need Sean Dougall at 7 to balance things up a bit.

Axel: [takes out copy of squad report] Yeah, I’m looking at the sheet here and it has Tommy O’Donnell shaded in lime green and Dougall is yellow, so that means O’Donnell’s our first choice. Dougall on the bench. You got the memo, right?

Jirry: I did, but I still think O’Donnell is a bit too like the other fellas. Dougall would give us a bit more in the ruck, and the other lads can do the carries.

Axel: I’m going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Didn’t you get a copy of the memo?

Jirry: Yes, I have the memo, I just think…

Axel: I’m going to go right ahead and send you another copy of that memo.
http://whiffofcordite.com/2014/09/02/reply-all/
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand