Ulster V Scarlets

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster V Scarlets

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Once a Knight wrote:Is anyone else finding difficulty in getting remotely excited about the SuperDuper Cup?

A pale imitation of the Heineken Cup. Nowhere near the same interest for me and I don't know why.
It's the realization of how far we are behind the likes of Toulon at HOME.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Sick of all the weather hating!

Lock the internet.
Bright and sunny inside zone 2

We all know nothing exists outside zone 2
You're in the matrix............
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:Is anyone else finding difficulty in getting remotely excited about the SuperDuper Cup?

A pale imitation of the Heineken Cup. Nowhere near the same interest for me and I don't know why.
Im watching it on Sky
There is nothing exciting about it

Feels hollow

Feels like nobody gives a fiddlers about it
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

No. That's absolutely not it. Many years we were total underdogs and out by this stage. The thought of going to Ravenhill still thrilled me. I would have watched the other matches from Friday night through to Sunday. This current "package" just doesn't do it for me.
For me, it's the "you'll take it and you'll like it" manner in which the PRL bullied their way to producing this new competition by destroying what was undoubted the best rugby tournament on the planet and then were unable to deliver on all the big promises they made. That has left a sour taste in my mouth that taints the EPRC and leaves me despising the PRL.
There's nothing wrong with the tournament in itself, in some ways it is better than the ERC, but how it came into being stinks.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

No. That's absolutely not it. Many years we were total underdogs and out by this stage. The thought of going to Ravenhill still thrilled me. I would have watched the other matches from Friday night through to Sunday. This current "package" just doesn't do it for me.
For me, it's the "you'll take it and you'll like it" manner in which the PRL bullied their way to producing this new competition by destroying what was undoubted the best rugby tournament on the planet and then were unable to deliver on all the big promises they made. That has left a sour taste in my mouth that taints the EPRC and leaves me despising the PRL.
There's nothing wrong with the tournament in itself, in some ways it is better than the ERC, but how it came into being stinks.
I can't help but laugh at their attempt at marketing the final

The final sells out with normal rugby fans year on year. But they are pushing it so hard in non rugby circles, and with their limited brand it's embarrassing
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Once a Knight wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

In those days a big European scalp or two was realistically always going to be the highlight of the season. Ambitions are a bit higher now.

There are indications that the group stage is more competitive this year, although I'm not sure that is entirely down to the new format.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

In those days a big European scalp or two was realistically always going to be the highlight of the season. Ambitions are a bit higher now.

There are indications that the group stage is more competitive this year, although I'm not sure that is entirely down to the new format.
We don't have as many groups skewed by having a below standard team in it and an extra runner up going through. Those are improvements in my book and make groups more competitive.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I have just made the decision not to go tonight, putting the size 10s up , chinky on the way , bottle of gin, the Belfast Giant atmosphere just doesn't do it for me anymore , maybe I have metamorphosed into "not a real supporter".
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:We don't have as many groups skewed by having a below standard team in it and an extra runner up going through. Those are improvements in my book and make groups more competitive.
Not so sure Snipe as there have been quite a few matches which look like teams do not really care as they realise when it comes to knockout stages unless you have a huge squad or are very lucky you wont have a chance, and no one will know where the semi finals will even be or if they are home advantage
6 Nations end
League Match
SDC 1/4
League Match
SDC1/2
League Match
SDC Final
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ovalballs
Novice

Post by ovalballs »

I wan't very interested in tonights game until Ruan and Dan were included. Now I'm looking forward to it. I just hope that with Ruan back we don't continue to rely on kicking the ball and chasing although perhaps tonight is the weather for that. I'm just keen to see our back line perform well. Something has been badly missing and I'm hoping its Ruan.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

My interest has dwindled in this game as for the second time in memory I cant get to see Ulster play in Europe.
Thanks BT.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Any chance of Rooster getting the full game up?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kofi Annan wrote:

I have just made the decision not to go tonight, putting the size 10s up , chinky on the way , bottle of gin, the Belfast Giant atmosphere just doesn't do it for me anymore , maybe I have metamorphosed into "not a real supporter".
Kofi.....according to the FA you can't say Chinky
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

might be because Ulster are not doing so well in it...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I think it being on 2 competing channels hasn't helped. In theory they should be raising their game but it just seems to be diluting the coverage.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.