Edinburgh Away and Murrayfield.

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Edinburgh Away and Murrayfield.

Post by damianmcr »

Alright folks.

When do tickets for this usually go on sale? Best I have heard is sometime this month.

I assume since Murrayfield is that big and that empty for these games you dont have to worry about getting a bad seat. Would I be correct? Any locations away fans usually buy?

Staying in the Sheraton so just doing a pub crawl down to the game.
theundercoverspark
Novice

Re: Edinburgh Away and Murrayfield.

Post by theundercoverspark »

Murryfield for PRO12 games is like going to the moon......no atmosphere.
Anyway it's probably on TV stay in the bars :stout:
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

We went to the game last March, it was pretty much just grab a seat where you like. We bought our tickets directly from Edinburgh.

It was the last game before they pulled the pitch up so we got on to it after the final whistle and we were able to head straight to the presidents suite straight after the game as there is a public bar and entertainment on.

The players come in afterwards for a feed too which was great for Wee Girly as she got to meet her favourites. My only regret from that night was not asking 1F for a picture with her as that was pretty much his last game

It was damn cold, the last time I experienced a match that cold was ironically the Celtic Cup Final there many, many moons ago.

Bus routes are great up past the stadium so you won't ever be stuck.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Is the suite always open? Ill head there for a few pints after. Cheers WW.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

WW's spot on Damian, they'll be up on the SRU ticket link by end of Jan or so and there's no bother with tickets, you can basically go wherever. I think the West side tickets allow you to stand on the track pitchside and the East are covered seating. it'll be feckin' baltic, the game last year was a mission. the garbage rugby didn't help!

Giz a buzz if you're over and I'll catch you for a pint. Wish I'd known about the President's Suite last year! :D
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

damianmcr wrote:Is the suite always open? Ill head there for a few pints after. Cheers WW.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Not sure if we just hit it lucky to be honest Damian but there were plenty of other Ulster supporters there too. I was just glad to get Wee Girly indoors as we'd pretty much given her all our spare layers to get her to the end of the game.

No harm in trying though, don't leave the stadium and see if you can get access by walking round the side of the pitch at the end of the game, good luck!
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

I'm off again this year but last match was so cold and the rain started about an hour before kick off. Really miserable.
Couldn't help feeling sorry for Tommy Bowe stuck on the wing. You could actually see him shaking with cold.
Buy tickets from SFU site and when you get there it's any eerie empty place.
Scranner
Warrior

Post by Scranner »

Wee Woman wrote:It was damn cold, the last time I experienced a match that cold was ironically the Celtic Cup Final there many, many moons ago.
I was there that day too. Snowed after the match if I remember rightly. So cold that we had to drink at least one hot rum in each bar on the walk back to the hotel. Early night - but very happy. Fond memories.
STATE PRO VIRIS ULTONIAE
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Scranner wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:It was damn cold, the last time I experienced a match that cold was ironically the Celtic Cup Final there many, many moons ago.
I was there that day too. Snowed after the match if I remember rightly. So cold that we had to drink at least one hot rum in each bar on the walk back to the hotel. Early night - but very happy. Fond memories.
Our bus broke down in the snow back to Stranraer. Cracking day out though.

Think that was the first day I remember people singing SUFTUM at an Ulster match?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Scranner wrote:
It snowed so much I had great difficulty walking!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Deraless wrote:
Scranner wrote:
Our bus broke down in the snow back to Stranraer. Cracking day out though.

Think that was the first day I remember people singing SUFTUM at an Ulster match?
I think it was Dera! And we was there!

Wasn't too pretty at my nephews christening the next day mind you ugh Image
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Still have the original Santa hat - 20th December 2003!

Jeez hangovers we're got over much easier back then Image

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Class
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BigHairyMonster
Initiate

Post by BigHairyMonster »

Tickets are on sale on Edinburgh's site. Won't be there. Going home that weekend.
BHM
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red
EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

boat booked, I take it you can just buy tickets at the gate? unless 65k turns up haha