Edinburgh - Round 15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

10 or 15 only
Initiate

Edinburgh - Round 15

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Is it time to think of this week's game?

iHumph will need to have a word with himself, great game against Leicester and aweful last Friday.
McCloskey has to start at 12 and really I don't see a big future for Luke in the starting 15 esp. if McCloskey stays fit.
Will Hendi be given time to improve his match fitness or will Joe have him cotton wool down in Kildare.
Restart has played an aweful lot of rugby - can we afford to have him on the bench this week?
Edinburgh beat the Os last week but with most of the Os starters on the Welsh team, how much does this tell us?
A win is needed but 4 points and not 5 is realistic.
New pitch so may see a running game. Pitch held up well for the International.

Black Herring Herbst
vdM Stevenson
Diack Williams Boys
Pienaar Humph
Gilroy McCloskey Cave Ludik
Nelson

Andrew Warwick Ross O' Connor 9 (if fit) Wilson Marshall Marshall Allen
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Edinburgh - Round 15

Post by big mervyn »

Sincerely hope Hendo is in that team. He could give us the edge in a game that is looking tougher by the week.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Looking forward to this one as I'm heading over.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Is OConnor available again?
Exterminate all rational thought
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Are we going to play put your X where Tom Boys is this Friday ... my guess is working in the meat counter at the Tesco's at Knocknagoney ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Now then, Embra have won their last 3 games, against Weegies, Weshties & a much depleted Ospreys.

Quite what the significance is will probably reveal itself on the night. Best to remember that Ulster's away record this season has been utterly dismal, 2 league wins from memory, Cardiff & Treviso, with that shambles versus Zebre still hanging over the season like a stale fart

Let's be clear, we need to win this run of games against the lower league teams, any loss could wreck whatever chance of a Spanners final that remains. Clearly we need to field the strongest team available to us and this is the toughest of these run of games.

Hendo, if at all, is likely to be a bench option but with Heaslip injured Fibber Joe may want him risk free. He could prove vital should the game be as tough as appears likely. Roger is a workhorse and no mistake, I'll be astonished if he's not there as captain.

I suspect the backline will be the same, the only possible shift being McCloskey and Luke but I suspect Luke will start.

We should win, our record in Embra is good, but our away form is a huge worry, as was the first 60 minutes on Friday. Squeaky bum time.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

I'd like to get a look at Stanley, our temporary signing at out half, as iHumph was total gash on Friday and we need an alternative that's not crocked (or Ruan who has to stay at 9) :fleg:
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

colind wrote:I'd like to get a look at Stanley ....

There ya go .... no charge
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:
colind wrote:I'd like to get a look at Stanley ....

There ya go .... no charge
Dishy
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

I'd start Diack at lock ahead of Stevenson.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

PJ posted on Intstie a picture of him and Hendo "back home". But then the whole Irish squad is probably back home for a few days R&R.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

McCloskey over Skymarshall. Both are used as crash ball merchants, but at least McCloskey makes it through several tackles before being hauled down. I like Luke as much as the next guy, but sadly he just doesn't have the same impact as before.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

ruckover wrote:McCloskey over Skymarshall. Both are used as crash ball merchants, but at least McCloskey makes it through several tackles before being hauled down. I like Luke as much as the next guy, but sadly he just doesn't have the same impact as before.
Marshall's been in and out of the team with injuries (particularly his scone). It has been virtually impossible for him to get into the rhythm that playing regularly brings. Same could probably be said of some others this season.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
ruckover wrote:McCloskey over Skymarshall. Both are used as crash ball merchants, but at least McCloskey makes it through several tackles before being hauled down. I like Luke as much as the next guy, but sadly he just doesn't have the same impact as before.
Marshall's been in and out of the team with injuries (particularly his scone). It has been virtually impossible for him to get into the rhythm that playing regularly brings. Same could probably be said of some others this season.
I wouldn't be surprised if Luke's problems at least in part are psychological. Head injuries are no joke and it is likely to take him time to find his mojo again.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Snipe Watson wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Luke's problems at least in part are psychological. Head injuries are no joke and it is likely to take him time to find his mojo again.
I'm sure you're right.