Premiership to go closed shop ?

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Premiership to go closed shop ?

Post by Rooster »

England’s leading clubs are proposing a radical plan to expand the Premiership for the start of the 2016-17 season and then scrap ­promotion and relegation – which would be the biggest overhaul of club rugby since the game went professional.

It is understood that the proposal is to increase the top flight from 12 to 14 teams by a meritocratic process before dispensing with promotion and relegation, which have been a bedrock of English rugby since leagues were introduced in 1987.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ation.html
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Premiership to go closed shop ?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

London Welsh received £1.5 million for this season from the central pot, while the more established Aviva ­Premiership clubs took £4 million each. Bleddyn Phillips, the London Welsh chairman, claimed last month that the leading clubs had created a “cabal”.
The above is a disgusting lie perpetrated by a Welshman against the fairest nation on Earth. I utterly refuse to believe that any Englishman would do anything that would be underhand, undemocratic but mainly "unfair". Fairness is the mark of an Englishman & is recognised worldwide, especially in all the countries of the Empire in which populations were systematically but fairly subjugated.

OK people who resented these fair minded heroes of empire may have been .......... neutralised, but I'm sure it was all done with impeccable fairness.

I look forward to Sunday afternoon when the Aviva Stadium will witness a display of fairness seldom seen on a rugby pitch these days. Should Ireland score a try, I'd bet that it will only be achieved through an upright Englishman saying "After you Paddy, good chap".

Cants
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tehehehehehe

Ring fence the money etc

Time for the rfu to shut it all down
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Well it fecks up any chance they have now of using the Welsh yet again to back them by the promise of an Anglo/Welsh league :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bet the Welsh will fall for it though if they said we are expanding by 2 any of you lot want to join :roll: :roll: :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

They just need to ensure that all the cabal clubs are within the 14 spots. That may require a little bit of extra engineering. I await with interest.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:They just need to ensure that all the cabal clubs are within the 14 spots. That may require a little bit of extra engineering. I await with interest.
Should be easy enough with a bit of uneven cash shareout and a bit of nifty scheduling of matches
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:They just need to ensure that all the cabal clubs are within the 14 spots. That may require a little bit of extra engineering. I await with interest.
Should be easy enough with a bit of uneven cash shareout and a bit of nifty scheduling of matches
IIRC - the last time they were talking about it, Quins ended up in the 2nd division and they had to abandon the idea.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31902745
Loadsa money(think the devil just bought our soul)
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You don't have a soul.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31902745

As long as you don't buy the souls of any Ulster players .......................
feckout.jpg
feckout.jpg (4.91 KiB) Viewed 3136 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

But but but relegation makes your league so awesome
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
But but but relegation makes your league so awesome
Won't be awesome then once it is a closed shop :D
Rory Best
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

When I see numbers and not tom kite from McCafferty, who I would not trust to go to the shop for me, spinning guff I'll believe it. I suppose this now paves the way for another increase in the salary cap and an ever increasing inflation to player wages.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Could McCafferty be a more shameless liar? The move will benefit the Pro 12 - Hah! What nonsense.

Leave now while you can TB. Come on over here and join us in the last refuge of Northern Soul. House prices are decent, especially in a nice wee first time buyer place called Cultra.