Moderator: Moderators

Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Re: Hook has a go at Payne

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:I'm sick of seeing Rab Kearney run sideways and then sidestep into a forward.
He has that move down to perfection though, can't think of anyone who is near his standard at that :thumleft:
Luke Fitzgerald also has the flashy big sidestep to nowhere
Would that be the least productive wing in rugby history - 27 caps scored twice in one game against a weakened Italy in the round 5 contest?????

That him?? A useless fecker with a great opinion of himself?? Like t1ts on a boar?? Brain & feet don't work together?? That him?
It might be a tad unfair to say he has a great opinion of himself. But the Mexico media certainly have an over inflated view of his abilities. Fitz tends to look all-action with his jinking, stepping etc. but it rarely leads to much and he has never shone at international level. I'd have Keith Earls ahead of him any time (Gilroy and McFadden too, when it comes down to it. And keep an eye on Connacht wing Healy over the next couple of seasons). If Fitz deserves another shot in the Ireland team then why doesn't Darren Cave?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Spiffsson wrote: If Fitz deserves another shot in the Ireland team then why doesn't Darren Cave?
Can't imagine that Cave would have fared any worse than Jihad under the Schmidtball system if he'd been given those 4 games. He might even have supplied a couple of moments of inspiration from midfield.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There won't be another chance for Cave. His face simply does not fit. Not anyone's fault, just one of those things.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Luke Fitz is a poor man's Keith Earls.
Rob Kearney's once fabled left boot like a siege gun seems to have deserted him too.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:
Spiffsson wrote: If Fitz deserves another shot in the Ireland team then why doesn't Darren Cave?
Can't imagine that Cave would have fared any worse than Jihad under the Schmidtball system if he'd been given those 4 games. He might even have supplied a couple of moments of inspiration from midfield.
merv… can you imagine the confusion in the back line if someone was to provide a moment of inspiration.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
merv… can you imagine the confusion in the back line if someone was to provide a moment of inspiration.
Simple Cave would give away either a penalty for holding on or just give them the ball as everyone else would be standing around thinking wtf
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tonic Wine
Novice

Post by Tonic Wine »

Caves is simply underpowered and too slow for test rugby.The team seems underpowered as it is.When will Stuart olding be back?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tonic Wine wrote:Caves is simply underpowered and too slow for test rugby.The team seems underpowered as it is.When will Stuart olding be back?
Not sure but I see PJ is playing for the ravens. Perhaps Olding won't be too far behind.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Madigan at 12 and Henshaw at 13 should be the pairing.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A big Boot like Kearney's is of no benefit when a quick throw in doesn't need to be straight and wings can not chase the ball without being off side.
While many highlight the failings ? Of Payne tbh I wonder why nobody has questioned Henshaw's performances given the fact that a 13 can only perform if given the opportunity to by those inside him .

The fact is the Irish backs have failed as an attacking force because Ireland have been playing flat close to opposition because outside the opposition 22 Ireland have been playing kick and chase .
Or when a passing game is adopted frequently it is based on the Sexton wrap around which of course puts Sexton between Henshaw and Payne and requires Sexton to start the move on a lateral run which provides time for the defence to close and mark players .

It is no accident the Welsh try came from a deep lying back line running at pace beyond the cover defence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

rumncoke wrote:A big Boot like Kearney's is of no benefit when a quick throw in doesn't need to be straight and wings can not chase the ball without being off side.
While many highlight the failings ? Of Payne tbh I wonder why nobody has questioned Henshaw's performances given the fact that a 13 can only perform if given the opportunity to by those inside him .

The fact is the Irish backs have failed as an attacking force because Ireland have been playing flat close to opposition because outside the opposition 22 Ireland have been playing kick and chase .
Or when a passing game is adopted frequently it is based on the Sexton wrap around which of course puts Sexton between Henshaw and Payne and requires Sexton to start the move on a lateral run which provides time for the defence to close and mark players .

It is no accident the Welsh try came from a deep lying back line running at pace beyond the cover defence

I wouldn't blame Henshaw. It's pretty obvious that under Joeball he has been told simply to bash it up. What a waste of a talented footballer.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Henshaw has been Ireland's best back (beyond the obvious 2)
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

rumncoke wrote:A big Boot like Kearney's is of no benefit when a quick throw in doesn't need to be straight and wings can not chase the ball without being off side.

Wise up. It shouldn't matter if Payne gets the ball. He should be making line breaks and scoring tries at will...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:I'm sick of seeing Rab Kearney run sideways and then sidestep into a forward.
He has that move down to perfection though, can't think of anyone who is near his standard at that :thumleft:
Luke Fitzgerald also has the flashy big sidestep to nowhere
Would that be the least productive wing in rugby history - 27 caps scored twice in one game against a weakened Italy in the round 5 contest?????

That him?? A useless fecker with a great opinion of himself?? Like t1ts on a boar?? Brain & feet don't work together?? That him?
It might be a tad unfair to say he has a great opinion of himself. But the Mexico media certainly have an over inflated view of his abilities. Fitz tends to look all-action with his jinking, stepping etc. but it rarely leads to much and he has never shone at international level. I'd have Keith Earls ahead of him any time (Gilroy and McFadden too, when it comes down to it. And keep an eye on Connacht wing Healy over the next couple of seasons). If Fitz deserves another shot in the Ireland team then why doesn't Darren Cave?
Trust me, it isn't unfair in the slightest, I know it for an absolute fact. Ask me sometime how come Felix Jones got called into the U20 team who won the Grand Slam and the clown Fitzgerald was too busy/good/self-important to play because he wasn't a kid, he had played a few times for Mexico.

Not now, I can barely be bothered discussing the idiot - sometime if I appear in a good mood, ask me.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tonic Wine wrote:Caves is simply underpowered and too slow for test rugby.The team seems underpowered as it is.When will Stuart olding be back?
I don't like Mundys.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.