The case against Mr Wayne Barnes.

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The case against Mr Wayne Barnes.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:Clancy ahead of Barnes? Fek
Dumbassed know-nothing halfwitted Kiwi galoot. Hope you are settling in well with all the horrible kiwi bar steward. I look forward to your episode of "Wanted Down Under" for you're certainly not fecking wanted here. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

BuckRogers wrote:I believe I read somewhere, though could be wrong that Ireland's win rate with Barnesy is around 35%.
Northampton seemingly have a similar misunderstanding with the refereeing of Monmouth Wayne, a 10% win rate apparently!
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

rocky wrote:Barne's stats as a ref for Ireland and all four provinces - I strongly suspect all five sides come out on the wrong side. And even If I'm wrong, I still don't like him.
Well, you'll have to cope with just not liking him. I'm sure he'll lose a lot of fecking sleep over your feelings.

Wales V Ireland.....

Wales - 2 players in the bin
Wales - penalty try conceded
Wales - more penalties awarded against than for.

I suppose Cian Healy knocking on and the other errors that summed up Ireland's performance go against Barnes though, so forgive me if I've gotten it wrong somewhere along the line....

Barnes wasn't pro-Wales. In fact, he penalised Wales more often, and more heavily, than he did Ireland. Ireland had all the territory and all the possession. They - the players on the field - fluffed their lines. Nearly a week on, morons like this still boil my p155.

The players got it wrong. The Welsh players got it right. That's sport. Barnes - by his reffing at the breakdown - made a pivotal game in this year's 6Ns one of the great games of rugby I've seen.
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote: Barnes - by his reffing at the breakdown - made a pivotal game in this year's 6Ns one of the great games of rugby I've seen.
gulder.gif
gulder.gif (11.1 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
It was rubbish, mistaken ridden error-filled rubbish. But of course you are right in that Ireland can blame everyone they like, it was they who fecked it up time after time.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Minor disagreement, minor disagreement!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:
rocky wrote:Barne's stats as a ref for Ireland and all four provinces - I strongly suspect all five sides come out on the wrong side. And even If I'm wrong, I still don't like him.
Well, you'll have to cope with just not liking him. I'm sure he'll lose a lot of fecking sleep over your feelings.

Wales V Ireland.....

Wales - 2 players in the bin
Wales - penalty try conceded
Wales - more penalties awarded against than for.

I suppose Cian Healy knocking on and the other errors that summed up Ireland's performance go against Barnes though, so forgive me if I've gotten it wrong somewhere along the line....

Barnes wasn't pro-Wales. In fact, he penalised Wales more often, and more heavily, than he did Ireland. Ireland had all the territory and all the possession. They - the players on the field - fluffed their lines. Nearly a week on, morons like this still boil my p155.

The players got it wrong. The Welsh players got it right. That's sport. Barnes - by his reffing at the breakdown - made a pivotal game in this year's 6Ns one of the great games of rugby I've seen.
Ireland had more possession and were attacking more and Barnes penalised Wales more often. As he does. Same in the opening stanza as Ryan Constable likes to call it, Wales were all over Ireland and got all the penalties....12:0.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

One of the greatest games you`ve seen welder?
In my opinion, second only to the Dromore 2nds versus Ballyclare 3rds classic league encounter back in the early 80s and we all know how that turned out.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

I certainly enjoyed watching it (bar the result) more than most games I've seen recently.

Granted, even watching an international match doesn't compare to watching rugby at pitch level.
Even at Ravenhill, being in a stadium and elevated above the pitch diminishes the experience of live rugby somewhat. Being at pitch level - seeing and feeling the hits - nothing can replicate that.

Even if it is Dromore and Ballyclare...
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Tell me, Ballyclare being Ballyclare and Dromore being Dromore...

Is it difficult to wash the stench of farmland shi&e off yourself. Anytime I've been near either of those hovels there's been a turgid stink of slurry in the air. And both rotten places to play, to add further insult...
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:I certainly enjoyed watching it (bar the result) more than most games I've seen recently.

Granted, even watching an international match doesn't compare to watching rugby at pitch level.
Even at Ravenhill, being in a stadium and elevated above the pitch diminishes the experience of live rugby somewhat. Being at pitch level - seeing and feeling the hits - nothing can replicate that.

I too enjoyed it to an extent, as much as you can when you know from 15 minutes in that effectively "yer bate". Not a great game of rugby in my opinion but it was a good contest, flawed as it was throughout & not helped by being refereed by a self-important Englishman, who reacts very badly when not kowtowed to. (see earlier posts for details. >EW )

I didn't enjoy Barnes being Barnes, I didn't enjoy Ireland's shambolic waste of copious possession, I hated Sexton's worst game in 4 years and I hated Tommy being a fart in a trance for the Welsh try & looking a mug. I hated Wales being allowed 54 seconds to set the final scrum, almost as much as I hated the inability of the Irish pack to form up & make Barnes hurry it up.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:I certainly enjoyed watching it (bar the result) more than most games I've seen recently.

Front row at Ravenhill is below pitch level.

Viewing area at Dromore is raised about 15m above the pitch
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Tell me, Ballyclare being Ballyclare and Dromore being Dromore...

Is it difficult to wash the stench of farmland shi&e off yourself. Anytime I've been near either of those hovels there's been a turgid stink of slurry in the air. And both rotten places to play, to add further insult...
Now houl on there a minute! Have ye never had a post match pint in Staffy's pub up in Ballyeaston? Quare gutty.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:Tell me, Ballyclare being Ballyclare and Dromore being Dromore...

Most of the farmers go to Ballynahinch and Banbridge not Dromore
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Players not playing to their ability/potential - that's sport. It happens to a lesser extent in today's professional game, but it's 'sport'.

Tommy Bowe had to cover the player he did. It was the player inside him who didn't come across - Heaslip or Jordi I believe.

To keep us both in the right, it was a thoroughly enjoyable, albeit flawed game. Certainly gripped me. Didn't look at the phone once (usually I'm onto Tumblr for a sleaze or Twitter to find out how the rest of the world's getting on). Was actually shouting at the TV during 'that' period of possession. Cursing Cian Healy when the ball bounced off his fat hands.

Ireland weren't great. Wales were, but had to be to beat Ireland.

Gurn about the referee all you wish. Like blaming the guy who invented Zyklon B.
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Russ wrote:Most of the farmers go to Ballynahinch and Banbridge not Dromore
Those with Range Rovers probably do.
Russ wrote:Front row at Ravenhill is below pitch level.
Viewing area at Dromore is raised about 15m above the pitch
I'm a grown man. I'm nowhere near the front row at Ravenhill.
Dromore - built on the side of a hill. Like the stadium the Faroe Islands play at. Cliff occupying one side of the pitch. Men on horseback watching the game. Changing rooms probably as cold as those you'll find in a northern Atlantic archipelago to boot.