The big mans performance tonite.....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TheElephantMan
Steward

The big mans performance tonite.....

Post by TheElephantMan »

The Big Man.jpg
The Big Man.jpg (46.83 KiB) Viewed 2880 times
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: The big mans performance tonite.....

Post by damianmcr »

Let's hope his shoulder is OK
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Still not quite his imperious best yet, but still a gem. Hope the early exit was just precautionary.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Don't even want to contemplate an injury to Ruan. I thought his kicking from hand was sublime.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

A couple of weeks off has done him a world of good, think last match he was getting knackered
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Thought Cardiff contributed to the game in a big way.
When we see other teams fold they never gave up , played with intensity and made a real fist of it.

For us the jigsaw pieces are falling into place.
PJ and RPs control with the impact of PM and Humph off the bench which is as it should be.

Herring I thought was brilliant along with the usual suspects up front but once again the indiscipline of Williams and VDM resurfaces.
Both cards were needless and brainless.
However the intensity and precision was there so all is looking rosy till the next game anyway.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Astonishing.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
lovesthehardground
Steward

Post by lovesthehardground »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Astonishing.
What? RP's performance or the usual drivel from Baz??
LTHG
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

lovesthehardground wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Astonishing.
What? RP's performance or the usual drivel from Baz??
The latter, I could only manage one word on it ...........me lost for words is ...........astonishing.

I'd be pretty concerned about Ruan, bang down on the point of the shoulder it seemed.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cardiff had more possession and we gave away far too many penalties and two yellow cards. The missed tackle count was appalling. Granted there was a lot of positives but do we think we will beat Munster, Glasgow or Leinster playing like that?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

bazzaj wrote:Thought Cardiff contributed to the game in a big way.
When we see other teams fold they never gave up , played with intensity and made a real fist of it.

For us the jigsaw pieces are falling into place.
PJ and RPs control with the impact of PM and Humph off the bench which is as it should be.

Herring I thought was brilliant along with the usual suspects up front but once again the indiscipline of Williams and VDM resurfaces.
Both cards were needless and brainless.
However the intensity and precision was there so all is looking rosy till the next game anyway.
Herring has rarely been anything but brilliant and Rory will have all he can handle in terms of competition for the starting shirt. A genuine rotation between the two will lengthen Rory's career.
VDM has been carded twice recently and on both occasions he was the man getting the team yellow following a final warning. So to question his discipline is....... questionable. Once a referee, other than our Nigel, issues a final warning he has decided the card is coming and is looking for an offence whether it be real or imagined. I haven't really looked at Franco's card offence yet, but I'll stick my neck out, take a punt and say it was probably marginal, but sufficient for a ref in zero tolerance mode.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I firmly believe that Fat Nick's attempt at chiropracty set the ref against us for the rest of the match, Cardiff were as bad as us being offside and not rolling away, we got pinged to hell and back and Franco copped a yellow for it.

Fat Nick brings something to a game, his offloading can be sublime, but I'm getting mightily drunk off at some of his brainless antics that cost us dearly.

There's dawg, hard edge and being a numb nut... In the second half he was trying to kill Clown Anscombe... Watch cuthberts try, Nick shoots out, misses a tackle and helps to create a 2 man overlap by not only not drifting but making sure the defender to his left is rendered useless, to make it worse he danders back into defence... Not pretty video
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:I firmly believe that Fat Nick's attempt at chiropracty set the ref against us for the rest of the match, Cardiff were as bad as us being offside and not rolling away, we got pinged to hell and back and Franco copped a yellow for it.

Fat Nick brings something to a game, his offloading can be sublime, but I'm getting mightily drunk off at some of his brainless antics that cost us dearly.

There's dawg, hard edge and being a numb nut... In the second half he was trying to kill Clown Anscombe... Watch cuthberts try, Nick shoots out, misses a tackle and helps to create a 2 man overlap by not only not drifting but making sure the defender to his left is rendered useless, to make it worse he danders back into defence... Not pretty video
Nick shot out of the line on several occasions and missed the tackle on each occasion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I've just caught up with some other threads on this and I see baggy has already mentioned this point.

How long do you reckon Joe would put up with any if his squad doing that...?

We gotta be ruthless, there's a huge difference between playing hard and being a chube.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
TheElephantMan
Steward

Post by TheElephantMan »

solidarity wrote:Still not quite his imperious best yet, but still a gem. Hope the early exit was just precautionary.
have we got an update on his shoulder injury?