Kingspan Capacity?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Kingspan Capacity?

Post by HammerTime »

Still Plenty of space around the terraces. Thought we were to have 18.4k by the end of the season, after a graduated increase throughout the season from 16-17k to please the health & safety boffins? 17,096 at tonights game according to BBC.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Re: Kingspan Capacity?

Post by Setanta »

Last official capacity figure I read was 18196.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

17,097 last night.

17,138 v Scarlets is the highest recorded this year.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:17,097 last night.

Hard to understand given it was a sell out. I assume that unlike Munster we are counting the clicks on the turnstiles rather than the fully tally of tickets used or not?

No matter the numbers, the atmosphere was the best of the season, first time I've exploded out of my seat all year when Gilly scored. I danced a feckin' jig. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Hard to understand given it was a sell out. I assume that unlike Munster we are counting the clicks on the turnstiles rather than the fully tally of tickets used or not?

No matter the numbers, the atmosphere was the best of the season, first time I've exploded out of my seat all year when Gilly scored. I danced a feckin' jig. :lol:
I knocked a pint of beer over my daughter when Hendo burst through.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

We won't see 18000 outside of big games.

They will keep selling 17000+ until they need to ramp it up.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

I knocked a pint of beer over my daughter when Hendo burst through.
I'm sure she appreciated that Merv :lol: :lol: :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Ulster's average gate for the 10 home Pro12 games played so far, is 15,927.

Only Leinster have a higher average - 18,357. If you exclude the Aviva game, the average at the RDS is 15,528.

Munster are 3rd - 13,677.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Ulster's average gate for the 10 home Pro12 games played so far, is 15,927.

Only Leinster have a higher average - 18,357. If you exclude the Aviva game, the average at the RDS is 15,528.

Would be interesting to get

1. Munts actual attendance figures
2. Breakdown for Cark and Limerick
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Ulster's average gate for the 10 home Pro12 games played so far, is 15,927.

Would be very interesting as are Mexicans and Turnips not still useing tickets sold rather than number scanned through gate while Ulster are useing scanned numbers now
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:

22,006 total attendance for 3 games in Cork
Big Neville Southall
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

I'd say in reality we are top or very close to it. (If you take away Aviva game for Leinster) Ie. Munsters attendance last season vs Zebra was officially 16k. In reality it was only 7k who were actually at the game. Same for Leinster only not as bad. They have had a few games this year were officially it was 18K but in reality was only 14 and sometimes even 12k. ST's sales are skewing their attendances to make it look better than actually is for both teams.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HammerTime wrote:I'd say in reality we are top or very close to it. (If you take away Aviva game for Leinster) Ie. Munsters attendance last season vs Zebra was officially 16k. In reality it was only 7k who were actually at the game. Same for Leinster only not as bad. They have had a few games this year were officially it was 18K but in reality was only 14 and sometimes even 12k. ST's sales are skewing their attendances to make it look better than actually is for both teams.
A guy I work with in Ldn has 5 season tickets at the OrDS

He hasn't been to a game in dublin this year and says he rarely passes them on
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

HammerTime wrote:I'd say in reality we are top or very close to it. (If you take away Aviva game for Leinster) Ie. Munsters attendance last season vs Zebra was officially 16k. In reality it was only 7k who were actually at the game. Same for Leinster only not as bad. They have had a few games this year were officially it was 18K but in reality was only 14 and sometimes even 12k. ST's sales are skewing their attendances to make it look better than actually is for both teams.
If you take away the big Twickers games, we are ahead of, or similar to, all the Engerlish teams bar Tigers, and all of the Top14 teams bar Bordeaux Beagles.
Big Neville Southall
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

UR are still limited by Health and Safety to only increasing the numbers very slowly, game by game and SL says it will be next season before we get to the 18,196 figure. But it will happen.
Bo***cks to Brexit