Louis Ludik

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bangorboy
Steward

Louis Ludik

Post by bangorboy »

Another superbly solid performace last night from Lulu. Great break which ended in the Kearney Yellow and was on Bowe's shoulder to take the offload on the way in for Hendys try. He's never flashy, just gets the job done and is incredibly reliable. Has taken some big hits too and other than a bust rib seems a tough bloke.

He'll rarely if ever get the headlines or make MoM but I reckon we did well to get him in when we did and as cover in RWC season will be indispensable.

Louis - :salut: :salut: :salut:
Last edited by bangorboy on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Louis Ludik

Post by Cornerfleg »

A secret project player!!!!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

If the brains trust can see the Benifit of the extra year to get him IQ they have my vote!
Extra project for just a season, IRFU pleaseeeee?
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Should be a high priority matter even now!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

You couldn't complain about the efforts of any of the 3 new Saffers this season. It's largely thanks to them that we still have a season.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Redhandoff
Novice

Post by Redhandoff »

Totally underrated player...get his contract extension sorted quick Bryn.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions,but they are not entitled to their own facts."(D.P.Moynihan)
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I'm delighted to say I have been trumpeting Louis praises for months in the sure and certain knowledge that the guy just doesn't do bad games. He makes a few mistakes and they are fewer and farther between than for most, but even then, he gets on with the job. Some idiots were bad mouthing him at the start of the year and grouping him in with FNW as a waste of an NIQ contract. Of course his main crime was that he wasn't Jared Payne, who wasn't Darren Cave. They now look the fools that they were with their short-sighted analysis.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

SparkyClarky wrote:If the brains trust can see the Benifit of the extra year to get him IQ they have my vote!
Extra project for just a season, IRFU pleaseeeee?
Maybe if we signed him up for another couple of years and agreed to loan him out to Connacht for the first (i.e. when not IQ)?

That said, talented a servant as he is, not sure he'd be the best use of the wage budget come next summer.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Cornerfleg wrote:A secret project player!!!!!!!!

Surely this is right. Madness if the IRFU don't let us give him a year.

He will be attracting attention tho, does he want to stay?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Word is like all Saffers... He gets it here, very popular guy, plus a new dad... Team player...
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote:Word is like all Saffers... He gets it here, very popular guy, plus a new dad... Team player...
Is the wean Ireland qualified?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Still not sure about extending his contract, he's been solid but after his contract I would rather invest in local talent like Scholes and hopefully Payne might be back at 15 after the world cup.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:Still not sure about extending his contract, he's been solid but after his contract I would rather invest in local talent like Scholes and hopefully Payne might be back at 15 after the world cup.
Payne will only play fullback for us in extremis. There is clearly a role for Louis even when Charles Piutau arrives.
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:Still not sure about extending his contract, he's been solid but after his contract I would rather invest in local talent like Scholes and hopefully Payne might be back at 15 after the world cup.
Payne will only play fullback for us in extremis. There is clearly a role for Louis even when Charles Piutau arrives.
Absolutely 100%, everything should be done to try and keep Louis. At the very least he will be an extremely solid squad player. The guy has been fantastic for us this season, as has Franco and of course Wiehann.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Really? Hopefully Stockdale and Scholes will have progressed to the point where Ludik is redundant, let's face it he has served us well but he's no superstar.