£45m shirley deserves its own thread....any advance on 45?

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Re: £7m shirley deserves its own thread

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

If its too complex for the PSNI then I have my doubts that the Finance Committee are going to get to the bottom of it. Latest link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-33462376
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:I'm looking forward to the TV coverage of the investigating Stormont Committee. And I it appears that I am not alone because I note from the bottom of page 4 of the Newsletter today (9/7/2015) that ... "Meanwhile, Tughans has welcomed the finance committee's inquiry and said it "looks forward" to attending to give evidence". :) :)
A classic example of 'be careful what you wish for' me thinks...
I would rather face the finance committee than the tax man if I was accused of hiding £ 7 million, will be easier than stealing sweets from a 3 year old than convincing those eejits that the £ 7 million did not exist
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Watched PR in my opinion said to much when saying nothing .
Happy man when the wrong questions are asked
Eg "
My son will not receive from the "slush "
fund"
Type answer "Is on a par with I did not have sex "

Proper question would have "did he or his company play any part in the negotiations regarding the Sale /purchase "
And the friends of the party have always acted in thebest interests of Northern Ireland the fact that make money doing it is of course not the primary reason '

Patriotism the last resort of a scoundrel comes to mind .

Best just to say I believe them to be honest business men if they have acted dishonourable I would be disappointed

He said to much

Sent from cyberspace
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

And .........in English?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:And .........in English?

Bless you my son for not quoting. :thumleft:
Even I wouldn't quote that

It was horrendous
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:

It was horrendous
I understood it.

I had to think about it, but I understood it ...... and there was also some sense in the point he was trying to make. :shock:

In deference to Lord Tayto though, though I shall refrain from saying more.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Russ wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:

It was horrendous
I understood it.

I had to think about it, but I understood it ...... and there was also some sense in the point he was trying to make. :shock:

In deference to Lord Tayto though, though I shall refrain from saying more.
Aye, but you're used to deciphering HWM so you have experience in making sense out of gobbledygook.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Most of our local journalists are forelock tugging parochial toadies. Davenport has no capacity for asking the hard questions or getting to the nub of the issue. He's a facile interviewer.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Most of our local journalists are forelock tugging parochial toadies. Davenport has no capacity for asking the hard questions or getting to the nub of the issue. He's a facile interviewer.
Spotlight is the only news show worth a bawbee in this country. It is no coincidence that it's the most complained about and "Injuncted".

Davenport was a safe choice of interviewer. Mandy McCaulay or Daryll McIntyre were never getting that call. Frost/Nixon it wasn't.
I assume they are all scared of losing their info streams if they are too probing.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Once a Knight wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Watched PR in my opinion said to much when saying nothing .
Eg "
fund"

Proper question would have "did he or his company play any part in the negotiations regarding the Sale /purchase "
And the friends of the party have always acted in thebest interests of Northern Ireland the fact that make money doing it is of course not the primary reason '

Best just to say I believe them to be honest business men if they have acted dishonourable I would be disappointed

He said to much

Sent from cyberspace
In deference to Cap'n and out of curiosity as to what was so horrendous that not even young Russ would quote it, I viewed the post above.

As best I can decipher, and decipher is the correct adjective, Rum is of the opinion that both our Beloved First Minister and the courageous Mark Davenport performed poorly. Davenport was very poor in his selection of questioning asking open questions rather than posing clear investigative questions such as "did you lobby on behalf of this deal and what meetings did you have and with whom?" Or "Did your son ask you to have meetings with anyone in connection with this deal?" The questions which were asked were poor.

The answers given however were equally poor and whether he or his son "expected" a kick back is a non-denial denial and Rum opines that it is akin to Slick Willy's choosing to define "sex" as full sexual intercourse rather than what we now know happened. His recourse to the "love of Ulster and the Cranes along the skyline" is referred to as the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Lastly, Rum is of the view that "Robbo" would have been much better simply stating that "I know many of these people as honest business men and would be shocked and disappointed if they have behaved outside normal business practice". That way he would have offered no hostage to future fortune and could disown anyone shown to have behaved dishonestly with a simple "I am deeply disappointment to find out that X has been less than honest".

I trust that assists and that one's services to the pursuit of understanding have been noted for I will now return to private life without the need to ponder what all of those unpunctuated misformed words (loosely described as words) mean. >EW
Aye .... that's how I translated it too.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:Most of our local journalists are forelock tugging parochial toadies.
Martina Purdy was atrocious. She used to come out and read what amounted to a party press statement - no analysis or insight whatsoever. Hope she's a bit better at being a bride of Christ.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Once a Knight wrote: [. . .]As best I can decipher, and decipher is the correct adjective

Not to get all Cap'n on you, but isn't decipher a verb in this context? (And any other contexts? . . .)
It's the hope that kills you.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Seize the £7 million and put it in a fund for the air ambulance Dr John Hinds was campaigning for before he was tragically killed doing what he loved best, trying to keep others alive and well
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Once a Knight wrote: [. . .]As best I can decipher, and decipher is the correct adjective

Not to get all Cap'n on you, but isn't decipher a verb in this context? (And any other contexts? . . .)
It is a verb. You are correct. My "bad". In the context I was using it the word was descriptive of the process so I made a syntactic faux pas. I apologise and can only hope no children have been traumatised. :lol:
Aye, you'd want to be careful of that all the same. Poor wee feckers. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Watched PR in my opinion said to much when saying nothing .
Eg "
fund"

He said to much

Sent from cyberspace
In deference to Cap'n and out of curiosity as to what was so horrendous that not even young Russ would quote it, I viewed the post above.

As best I can decipher, and decipher is the correct adjective, Rum is of the opinion that both our Beloved First Minister and the courageous Mark Davenport performed poorly. Davenport was very poor in his selection of questioning asking open questions rather than posing clear investigative questions such as "did you lobby on behalf of this deal and what meetings did you have and with whom?" Or "Did your son ask you to have meetings with anyone in connection with this deal?" The questions which were asked were poor.

The answers given however were equally poor and whether he or his son "expected" a kick back is a non-denial denial and Rum opines that it is akin to Slick Willy's choosing to define "sex" as full sexual intercourse rather than what we now know happened. His recourse to the "love of Ulster and the Cranes along the skyline" is referred to as the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Lastly, Rum is of the view that "Robbo" would have been much better simply stating that "I know many of these people as honest business men and would be shocked and disappointed if they have behaved outside normal business practice". That way he would have offered no hostage to future fortune and could disown anyone shown to have behaved dishonestly with a simple "I am deeply disappointment to find out that X has been less than honest".

I trust that assists and that one's services to the pursuit of understanding have been noted for I will now return to private life without the need to ponder what all of those unpunctuated misformed words (loosely described as words) mean. >EW
I'll come clean, I looked at the size of the post and the author an assumed there had to be a load of bullsite in there and passed it by. Appears I got a lucky call since Russ agrees it was a bake full. :lol: