The ultimate Fan

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The ultimate Fan

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
bazzaj wrote:I still have a Ulster European Cup 99 winners car sticker proudly on display.
Top that!
Chipped windy?
No chance you left a chip on your windshield
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Several exiles who commute back home for matches on a regular basis, justinr is even English but thinks he comes from here now !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Flat Top is another of those

Legend
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:There's a few feckin eejits around these parts who have traveled to away games when they have been much too ill. Also Ruthie tends to let very little get in her way if getting to a few away games a year. But perhaps a thought should be spared for the English based exiles who travel to Llanelli, Swansea AND Newport every year.
Ruthie timed getting a knee replacement so she wouldn't miss an away match
Last edited by Rooster on Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Key to success is to avoid anyone who mentions face paint, cheerleaders or Trevor Brennan. Notwithstanding the fact that he attends just about as many away games as anyone.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Key to success is to avoid anyone who mentions face paint, cheerleaders or Trevor Brennan. Notwithstanding the fact that he attends just about as many away games as anyone.
Yes, but does he actually remember any of them? :lol:

I don't think the OP wants to do a feature on HWM Shower Installations PeeLC. :shock:
He tends to remember a fair few of the outward journeys, but the games and coming home less so.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:There's a fella called Clive you should speak to. :lol:

He would like to be on TV.
I'll simply say,I hate this sort of thing.... all fans are created equal.... except Clive of course. >EW

Mind you I do know a man who flew to Southampton as his only route to Swansea when we won the league, was delayed and only arrived for the last 5 minutes and celebrations and pronounced himself satisfied.

Correction: I used "we", clearly, as a Munster fan, I should have used "yee" #nordiebastards
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wonder if Clive knows how to watch the Scotland game this weekend?

As a man who doesn't watch adverts I was sent the Sky Sports advert for rugger this weekend featuring Wilkinsons Sword (the best a man can get)

It mentioned Ireland v Scotland being live on SS
myleftfoot
Novice

Post by myleftfoot »

Cheers all. If I can find the right people it will be on TV in December.

If anyone wants to email me with contacts or stories it's mairtin.debarra@bbc.co.uk

Thanks to everyone for their info.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Oooh the BBC
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Is this another Jackie Fullerton special? Will he be in the jacuzzi again and will he sing my way at the end?

Tattooed fans have a right to no
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:There's a fella called Clive you should speak to. :lol:

He would like to be on TV.
I'll simply say,I hate this sort of thing.... all fans are created equal.... except Clive of course. >EW

Mind you I do know a man who flew to Southampton as his only route to Swansea when we won the league, was delayed and only arrived for the last 5 minutes and celebrations and pronounced himself satisfied.

Correction: I used "we", clearly, as a Munster fan, I should have used "yee" #nordiebastards
baggy… Alec would be turning in his grave if he heard you say that all fans are created equal..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'm still confused that damaging your body with injected ink is seen somewhat as the ultimate fan in rugby circles

Maybe it football. Where the average IQ of a fan is 4
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:I'm still confused that damaging your body with injected ink is seen somewhat as the ultimate fan in rugby circles

Maybe it football. Where the average IQ of a fan is 4
I concur young man, I've lost count of the people I have insulted because of hidden tat that I was unaware of until I harangued tats as tat on human tat. Given my opinion is obviously correct, I stopped bothering about potential offendees and speak with certain knowledge that those with tattoos are morons, other than those with a tribal bent that requires them or a navy man of course.

I walked behind a chube in Sevilla a few days ago whose entire back was a recreation of a landscape, whilst I could see it may be marginally more worthy than love and hate tats on the knuckles he was dragging along the ground, I raised my eyes in amazement that he could be such an utter cretin and my companions were beside themselves with laughter at the inked moron.

Harrumph.

Mind you I did work with an attractive young lass with a well inked butterfly next to her geebeg, I must confess to regarding it with a certain interest...... and from close range ....... simply for a better gleek you understand. >Off_Topic_Man
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Baggy the BBC are reading this