Toulouse AWAY Sunday 20 Dec

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulouse AWAY Sunday 20 Dec

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bart S wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/trevorbrenna ... 5274810368

Judging by the drinks on that table even Trevor doesn't touch the Guinness in his bar

Ps. baggy - am just teeing you up for one of your rants about twitter! :D

ack would you look at the state of them, remembering the old sod, weeping of days of insurrection and famine :D
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

El Presidente wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
El Presidente wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:The wee fleg shop on Newtownards Road
Bit of a stretch from Brussels, which is where we are coming from!
Well, best of luck finding a similar "Wee OrangeBastard Shap" in Toulouse, Jefe. :thumleft: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gracias senor. Two of us are dirty black Prods if that helps!
That could make your quest simpler Jefe. Reminds me of a tale when my sister in law was shappin' in what is famously the best little shoe Shap in Belfast looking for school shoes.

Examining a pair she remarked on them being made in ROI. The assistant fearing losing the sale said, "yes dear, but they were made by protestant workers."

Enjoy the weekend.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/trevorbrenna ... 5274810368

Judging by the drinks on that table even Trevor doesn't touch the Guinness in his bar

Ps. baggy - am just teeing you up for one of your rants about twitter! :D
Ach Bart, I can't be doing with Twatter, t'is only for the short of wind and vocabulary.

A Snipe pointed out when I said I didn't do twatter , I did sign up some years back to see what was 'appenin' but no, I don't twatt. Still it gave Snipe enormous pleasure to catch me on a one tenth lie, a lie so white it made the driven snow look mucky.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Just passed De Danu earlier and no sign of the ...hmmn 'great man' Nor HWM protesting outside it

Melting Pot was busy so looks like that is the place of choice ce soir when the advance party get back from their jolly to Carcassone :red:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Anyone feeling very confident, can't lose, we are just better than these?

Nope? No.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

I asked the other day in the match thread and didn't have a single response so I'll try here instead - anywhere in Belfast city centre that would be good for watching this? I'm talking Cathedral Quarter area or somewhere near city hall, that sort of radius. Heard the Errigle is great but a bit far out of the way, we're staying round the corner from the Ulster Hall as going to a concert Sunday night.

Feel free to ignore me again but be aware that I'm very, very fat and sometimes I fall on top of people who have wronged me.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Just passed De Danu earlier and no sign of the ...hmmn 'great man' Nor HWM protesting outside it

Melting Pot was busy so looks like that is the place of choice ce soir when the advance party get back from their jolly to Carcassone :red:
The only thing you should have passed at De Danu earlier was wind....
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

HairyJ wrote:I asked the other day in the match thread and didn't have a single response so I'll try here instead - anywhere in Belfast city centre that would be good for watching this? I'm talking Cathedral Quarter area or somewhere near city hall, that sort of radius. Heard the Errigle is great but a bit far out of the way, we're staying round the corner from the Ulster Hall as going to a concert Sunday night.

Feel free to ignore me again but be aware that I'm very, very fat and sometimes I fall on top of people who have wronged me.
Laverys?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Colin0395 wrote:
HairyJ wrote:I asked the other day in the match thread and didn't have a single response so I'll try here instead - anywhere in Belfast city centre that would be good for watching this? I'm talking Cathedral Quarter area or somewhere near city hall, that sort of radius. Heard the Errigle is great but a bit far out of the way, we're staying round the corner from the Ulster Hall as going to a concert Sunday night.

Laverys?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Good shout.

Thank you, Colin, you have escaped a future death by squashing.
rugoval
Novice

Post by rugoval »

The Clothear attached to the Merchant hotel should have the Ulster game on. It would be a good spot to watch and get a bit to eat at the same time.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As a fellow tubbybastard, I'd hate to ignore you Hairy, so ....... Sorry pal, no idea, I live in Bengor-on-the-Lough. Several years ago I was in a similar position but everywhere I tried was full of lean spides watching wendyball. Mind you as I write I think somebody mention the Garrick in Chichester Street has enough screens to please everyone...... always assuming it's still open ..... I live in Bengor, Edge of the Irish Sea.

Bona fortuna as they say in Buenos Aires. :thumleft:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ah, I see your threat has provoked a few quick responses, good work, Hairy. :lol:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'd be under the impression most bars in Cathedral Quartet would now be geared up to show Ulster games
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The Melting Pot is decent.

Even had the cricket from New Zealand on.
El Presidente
Novice

Post by El Presidente »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
El Presidente wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
El Presidente wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:The wee fleg shop on Newtownards Road
Bit of a stretch from Brussels, which is where we are coming from!
Well, best of luck finding a similar "Wee OrangeBastard Shap" in Toulouse, Jefe. :thumleft: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gracias senor. Two of us are dirty black Prods if that helps!
That could make your quest simpler Jefe. Reminds me of a tale when my sister in law was shappin' in what is famously the best little shoe Shap in Belfast looking for school shoes.

Examining a pair she remarked on them being made in ROI. The assistant fearing losing the sale said, "yes dear, but they were made by protestant workers."

Enjoy the weekend.
Didn't get a fleg in the end but it didn't matter (we were the 3 noisy lads behind a little clump of Ulster fans on the 22 in the main stand). What a weekend, Toulouse fans rightly sickened but gracious towards the travelling support.

Where have you been hiding that McCloskey lad?